Exhaust Butterfly Valve Actuator Sensor - HELP!!! - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 03-09-2009, 05:41 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Exhaust Butterfly Valve Actuator Sensor - HELP!!!

Hello guys,

at first Im sorry for my english. Im from Europe so please be patient...

Ive got problem with my ZX10R 2006. Ive got Akrapovic slip-on on it and everything was OK last year. The bike was kept in garage through the winter for more than four months. I started my bike last week and ooops... FI LED on my meter is still blinking!!! So I recalled the service code and code is 34! So there is some problem with Exhaust butterfly valve actuator sensor (Service manual pages 169 and 178). And my question is. Do I have to buy new one which is 170$ (please tell me its not necessary) or is there some cheaper solution for this problem? Few of my friends told me that I can only cut one wire and the problem is solved! If yes, what color the wire is?

Thank you...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 03-09-2009, 06:18 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Valve in the exhaust could be seized up. See if you can rotate it by hand with the cables removed. If so check that the cables are free. If they are, while removed, see if the actuator is cycling when the ignition is turned on. If it is you should not get a FI light on, but you may if a cable or the valve itself is seized up and is stoping the actuator from cycling

Bill - GI Pro, Hindle slip on, Smoked screen, ZX14 brakes.... Well, you feel lucky, punk? You shouldn't, this is a 10R
post #3 of 13 Old 03-09-2009, 06:50 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Ok... Ill try it...

The strange to me is that it was perfect before I pushed it into garage in the October and now there is a problem...

post #4 of 13 Old 03-09-2009, 09:42 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

If everything that Thrill said above is checked OK, then disconnect the battery over the night to power reset the ECU.
post #5 of 13 Old 03-09-2009, 09:49 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by sextaafondo View Post
If everything that Thrill said above is checked OK, then disconnect the battery over the night to power reset the ECU.
OK... Ill check it and than Ill ask you guys again...

I also tride to ride the bike on Saturday and everything was perfect... no problem! Only the LED was blinking...
post #6 of 13 Old 03-09-2009, 10:12 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

When checking, remember NOT TO loose the valve cables by trying to remove the pulley center bolt of the valve actuator device. You will break the internal mechanism.
post #7 of 13 Old 03-09-2009, 10:26 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

I know... thats clear to me... I have to wait till weekend and then Ill check it...
post #8 of 13 Old 03-09-2009, 11:25 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

when you start the bike you should be able to hear the servo motor in the tail momentarily.
post #9 of 13 Old 03-09-2009, 04:00 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to kingoose
Hi,

Another guy from Europe. If you just installed a couple of slip on's on your 06 10, and removed the butterfly from the exhaust, you need to "fool" the ECU because it can't detect the position of the servo that moves the butterfly cables.
Akrapovic and Leo Vince sells a small bracket that substitutes the cable pulley on the servomotor. This bracket bolted onto the servo, reproduce the same positions (fully open and fully closed during the checking) as the cable does, so your FI light will go off. Be careful using your bike without this gadget, because the servo seizes easily and it really expensive for no use.

At the thime of loosening the pulley bolt that attaches it to the servo be careful, first block the pulley and then loosen the bolt (inside the servo there are several plastic sprockets that breaks easily).

Just that.

Want more?? Visit www.gassattack.com
post #10 of 13 Old 03-09-2009, 09:03 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingoose View Post
Hi,

Another guy from Europe. If you just installed a couple of slip on's on your 06 10, and removed the butterfly from the exhaust, you need to "fool" the ECU because it can't detect the position of the servo that moves the butterfly cables.
Akrapovic and Leo Vince sells a small bracket that substitutes the cable pulley on the servomotor. This bracket bolted onto the servo, reproduce the same positions (fully open and fully closed during the checking) as the cable does, so your FI light will go off. Be careful using your bike without this gadget, because the servo seizes easily and it really expensive for no use.

At the thime of loosening the pulley bolt that attaches it to the servo be careful, first block the pulley and then loosen the bolt (inside the servo there are several plastic sprockets that breaks easily).

Just that.

Want more?? Visit www.gassattack.com
If you leave the actuator device connected, you can replace the OEM exhaust headers (including the valve) and remove the driving cables and you wont have an FI.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.