LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 14 Old 08-09-2017, 02:45 AM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenOne View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDork View Post
You need 1 BIN file per ECU you're reflashing. You get 1 file with the purchase of the kit. That's the way it works, and that's the limitation of it.
Yes, that`s what I thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDork View Post
If both reflashes are using Woolich software, then it will see that ECU is locked to another account and it would have to be transferred. And that may not happen easily without the original owner releasing it.
Ok, I see. This is really bad if that`s how it is.
Did some digging as I found this strange. Seems to be the Woolich devices (e.g. USB interface/Logbox) that`s tied to the account and must be transferred, not the ECU. This makes perfect sense.

Locking the ECU to an account makes no sense at all, and it is not how it works.

Straight from the Woolich support forum tech in reply to a user wanting to flash a bike he bought which he thinks has been flashed by the previous owner:
"If the ECU has been flashed with our software before you will be able to read out the current bin file and use this as your base for further tuning. "

Also, an unlock option is available for Kawi Mitsubishi ECU`s as you already said and have done yourself. (But not Denso ECU`s)
C3L1CA likes this.

I`m just in for the ride
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 Old 08-09-2017, 09:06 AM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Thank you to everyone that chimed in. Always great help here.

I just purchased one off ebay.. lowest I found was $485.00
After reaching out to the seller who had his own business and explained to him why I needed a second ECU and that I know some people who have gotten it a lot cheaper [as seen in previous posts on this thread ;) ] we agreed on $300.00 shipped. So again thank you guys.

When plugging in this ECU that came from a DIFFERENT BIKE, do I need to do the throttle/ECU relearn..?

Turn bike on for 10 seconds without hitting throttle or anything turn off for ten seconds back on and so on 3 times (this is what I was told to do when I got my ECU flashed and put back into my bike)
post #13 of 14 Old 08-09-2017, 02:00 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Little surprised no one has mentioned the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act.

post #14 of 14 Old 08-09-2017, 03:25 PM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbolt View Post
Little surprised no one has mentioned the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act.
Go ahead and mention it all you want. But it's a loosing battle to fight them on it when they can basically prove that rewriting the control software on the computer with an unknown 3rd party product contributed to the lack of stated performance or the reason your valves are bent. If you wanna ride your broken bike for the year it takes to go through the courts, have at it. We're not taking about bolting on an exhaust here. We're talking about completely modifying the software which can invalidate the warranty.
2K16/10r likes this.

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.
#WordCrimes

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.