Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Dyno graph dip.. thoughts?

2K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  Srocco50 
#1 ·
So i got my bike flashed.. the tuner said the dip at the top of the graph is normal.. but i feel like it should be.. any ideas?

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
What was done with the flash? Because you should have the flies fully open at that point which would help that line keep increasing. Seems like thats not the case maybe. Just my take though and im no expert. Doesnt look right though to me either. A list of mods would help.

#14 ·
If you guy "didnt touch" the secondary flies - that would explain it. Easy enough, they are still in effect and killing top end power. Kinda a waste of a flash if the restrictions arent removed. Now yer gonna have to flash and dyno again. Or, i would.

Reactions: Srocco50
#16 · (Edited)
...at great risk to my cervical vertebrae, I looked at that graph a little closer.

It looks fine. It's a stock cam'ed/stock timing bike that holds on to peak torque up to 12000 rpm.... and that's great. if you were to scale the RPM similar to the graph 10Arghh posted, you'll notice they have the same shape & characteristics.... the big difference is that you're trying to rev it to nearly 14 grand.... party is over at 13K unless you want to change your cam timing up to match those extra revs. Otherwise, you made huge gains in power over stock with a broad spread of smooth torque.... no problems there.

Oh, and on a personal note, it looks a touch lean as well. I usually find best mph in the 12.5-13:1 area... a good portion of that run is above 13.5:1 or even touching 14:1 in places.... I think you'll find that when it's loaded down in the top of 3rd or 4th that it will like a slightly richer afr than you have there a little better. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.