Gen 1: 2004-2005 Dave's Supercharger project - Page 3 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 43 Old 10-12-2011, 08:34 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrendSetter View Post
Do you know how fast people are over spinning these rotrex blowers? Im from the world of F series prochargers and I know those things can spin quite a bit past what procharger tells you they will. I guess throwing 250 at the wheels with a blower 'rated' at 200 says a lot though.
If he is pushing 11psi with a good head and cams, thats going to be ~13-14+ on a stocker then I would assume... I'll have to figure out how to log some IATs when I'm ready to step it up.
Does he log IAT at all?
I wish that stupid power commander hub could log more than 1 extra input

I have an F1R I'm putting on my '67 Chevy II. Any idea what guys spin those units to? I'll be running a 375ci SBC with SB2.2 heads & block, looking to make a streetable 1300-1400hp (we shall see...). I figure I'll only need 14-16psi to hit that mark.

The problem with overspinning the Rotrex is the planetary roller traction drive cannot handle the additional load (mainly due to heat). 160k is generally safe for spurts, but any more than that and you significantly lower the lifespan. No idea on the IATs, but according to the compressor map, things start getting pretty inefficient past that level of power. You might want to look into a system from Innovate if you really want to log a lot of data.

A stock engine would see very similar (if not slightly reduced) boost levels with a 1:1 pulley combo. The cam setup we went with reduced the overlap and shrunk the intake, and you can feel the difference throughout the entire powerband.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 43 Old 10-19-2011, 10:45 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by toro1 View Post
I fully expect it to be in the ballpark of 245-250whp (while the internals are stock, the head and cams are not ).
Damn you are crazy man. original hp more than enough for me.though when i rebuild my engine, i will proby do this... discovered yesterday it still wants to come up in 5th at around 230kmh, if i bliped the throttle it probly would. I dont know how i will ever have fun on a stock bike again.

Last edited by ninja10kid; 10-19-2011 at 10:48 AM.
post #23 of 43 Old 10-23-2011, 02:57 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

More pictures:

I'm looking to sell the bike, I can't post in classifieds though. It runs awesome, just ready to get something else. If you're interested PM me.
If this isn't allowed, let me know ill delete this paragraph from my post. Thanks.

post #24 of 43 Old 10-23-2011, 06:23 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

the real question is how long before the clutch basket explodes?
post #25 of 43 Old 05-26-2012, 06:22 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Vid of it n action please.

RIP 2008 ZX-10R
05' ZX6rr 636

12' ZX-10r
Austin Racing GP2 Slip On, Ivan's Mod, Secondaries Removed, Servo Eliminator, PC5 w/ Custom Map, Hotbodies Smoke Undertail w/ Custom LED, Brembo Master Cylinder RCS 19, Speglier Steel Braided Lines,
post #26 of 43 Old 05-26-2012, 10:28 PM
Gen2 Ripper

Posting Frequency

He sold the bike awhile ago.

07-ZX10R-SOLD
, 1/5th insert, -1/+5,comp werkes decatted,PC3+multi-hub,piperX,30 dry shot,2custom maps,Ballistic EVO2,Pazzo shorties,SATO rearsets,HealTech,ZG Corsa,EBC XC Gen3 rotors,Vesrah pads, SS lines, Gen3 calipers, etc and stretched 8" so it won't flip
05-ZRX1200R-sold
04-KX500-sold
1975 RD350-garage queen
post #27 of 43 Old 05-26-2012, 10:37 PM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

and hes selling the S/C now in the classified section

08 ZX6R Radial M/C ZG Sport Touring Windscreen CBR600RR Calipers BMC Street Filter
GP Shift Pattern DIY Mod Fender Eliminator Kit 16/44 Gearing Euro Flushmount Signals
Gauge Cluster Color DIY ModSoupy's Fully Adjustable Lowering Links HEL Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
post #28 of 43 Old 05-28-2012, 12:32 AM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Still have it all, trying to sell it.
It was a fun ride.
post #29 of 43 Old 05-28-2012, 12:35 AM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

wanna make a donation to the broke college Gen 1 owner of SoCal, a.k.a. me? lol

08 ZX6R Radial M/C ZG Sport Touring Windscreen CBR600RR Calipers BMC Street Filter
GP Shift Pattern DIY Mod Fender Eliminator Kit 16/44 Gearing Euro Flushmount Signals
Gauge Cluster Color DIY ModSoupy's Fully Adjustable Lowering Links HEL Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
post #30 of 43 Old 05-28-2012, 01:17 AM
ZX-10R enthusiast

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sullysZX10r View Post
Vid of it n action please.
million!! Seriously, of the few people on this forum that have done S/C, not one good video of one of these things in action. The only thing I saw was ninja10kid cruising around the city and neighborhood doing a test ride. No one with WOT footage through all the gears....what gives?

Strictly for my Ninjas

2011 ZX-10R ABS

17/41, Woolich Racing Tuned ECU and QS, Rifleman's 1/5th throttle insert, CL XBK5 pads, Yosh case sliders, Mivv Carbon w/ Ti Akra link
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.