Gen 1: 2004-2005 Dave's Supercharger project - Page 2 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 43 Old 10-11-2011, 11:14 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

ok i'm really curious...how much power can you safely throw at these STOCK motors before they will blow? i need to do some research.

2004 Zx10-R - 10" Mcintosh swingarm, level one racing slip on, -1/+5 sprockets, PCIII - stay tuned for track times

2005 Zx10-R - strapped, lowered, yoshi slip on - 10.219 @ 138.68 with shitty 1.827 60' - Sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 43 Old 10-11-2011, 11:19 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debo10r View Post
ok i'm really curious...how much power can you safely throw at these STOCK motors before they will blow? i need to do some research.
The A&A kit says a stock motor will work so should be good for 220 hp

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com app
post #13 of 43 Old 10-11-2011, 12:29 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

The original prototype bike is now running 11psi on bone stock internals. As long as you are only doing street riding or dragstrip passes, these engines are more than up to the task. However, if you push it (aka track days or top speed runs, especially in hot weather), the first thing to go is the #4 piston (check the path of the coolant in the service manual sometime -- poor old #4 is left out to dry, so to speak), so an aftermarket set of pistons is highly recommended if you intend on doing that type of riding.

post #14 of 43 Old 10-11-2011, 04:34 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Took .150" off the crank. It was a little off and my ready access to a lathe allowed me to be particularly anal retentive about that detail.
You did a great job piecing it all together.

What's it take to run 11psi? Bigger crank pulley? Any idea what hp that guy is making ?
post #15 of 43 Old 10-11-2011, 06:18 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

If the calculations are right, the pulleys max the RPM capabilities of the charger....and is supposed to get 10psi....as those pulleys are A&A's

2004 ZX10R-few mods here and there......
and even made more Evil by Woolich.
post #16 of 43 Old 10-11-2011, 06:34 PM
Licensed Dist of HaterAde

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to TMY10ER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jah View Post
i hate you. and i mean that with love.
.....looks awesome man!!!!

Take a risk, and you may lose. Never risk, and you will always lose.

post #17 of 43 Old 10-11-2011, 07:12 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by badassjake View Post
If the calculations are right, the pulleys max the RPM capabilities of the charger....and is supposed to get 10psi....as those pulleys are A&A's
awesome. I haven't taken it full throttle on the highway yet, i figured it was 7-8psi.
post #18 of 43 Old 10-11-2011, 07:41 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrendSetter View Post
What's it take to run 11psi? Bigger crank pulley? Any idea what hp that guy is making ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by badassjake View Post

The 26/28 combo which is on this kit spins the blower to its maximum rated rpm, which should provide ~8.5psi peak. To get to 11psi, we ran a 28/28 combo, which overspins the Rotrex by 10,000rpm. No dyno charts of the bike, but I do have datalogs that show it being significantly faster than it was before -- I fully expect it to be in the ballpark of 245-250whp (while the internals are stock, the head and cams are not ).
post #19 of 43 Old 10-11-2011, 07:55 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

That's so sick!!! Who's got a kit out for a gen 2? I'd trade my left nut , or a kid for that! Lol, j/k of course...or am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedinseattle View Post
i could give two shits if you were taking a bubble bath in applesauce being fed grapes by lemurs with electrodes attached to your nipples in the bed of a semi truck, as long as you're not holding up traffic, go for it
post #20 of 43 Old 10-11-2011, 08:50 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by toro1 View Post
The 26/28 combo which is on this kit spins the blower to its maximum rated rpm, which should provide ~8.5psi peak. To get to 11psi, we ran a 28/28 combo, which overspins the Rotrex by 10,000rpm. No dyno charts of the bike, but I do have datalogs that show it being significantly faster than it was before -- I fully expect it to be in the ballpark of 245-250whp (while the internals are stock, the head and cams are not ).
Do you know how fast people are over spinning these rotrex blowers? Im from the world of F series prochargers and I know those things can spin quite a bit past what procharger tells you they will. I guess throwing 250 at the wheels with a blower 'rated' at 200 says a lot though.
If he is pushing 11psi with a good head and cams, thats going to be ~13-14+ on a stocker then I would assume... I'll have to figure out how to log some IATs when I'm ready to step it up.
Does he log IAT at all?
I wish that stupid power commander hub could log more than 1 extra input

Last edited by TrendSetter; 10-11-2011 at 08:53 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.