Gen 4: 2011-2015 Cat removal with K&N airfilter - Page 2 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 6Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 15 Old 10-20-2017, 06:49 AM
Track Day Rider
 
GreenOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Oslo, Norway
Posts: 135
Posting Frequency
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by romanovalentin View Post
Thanks for all the information! I guess I'll just find a shop to help me tuning the bike next year. Yesterday I replaced the cat for the midpipe. There is a place for the lambda sensor in the midpipe but I had to use an adapter to make it fit. Could you tell me what the reason would be to skip the powercommander?
Ok. The bung is for the larger 18mm wideband sensors then, but the adapter works just fine as long as the sensor tip is in the exhaust flow.

If you use the power commander, you would need a o2 optimizer as well to control the closed loop area. And it will still not be 100% optimal in that range. The o2 optimizer is another $100 in the US. Probably more in your country.
And you should get it tuned in a shop on top of the 500+ bucks you will pay for just the PCV hardware.

Editing the ECU gives you a lot of tunable options for probably about the same price. Find a shop who can do this. Have a look here for the possibilities.
2011-2015 Kawasaki ZX10R - USB (Mitsubishi) v3 Package
romanovalentin likes this.

I`m just in for the ride

Last edited by GreenOne; 10-20-2017 at 07:06 AM.
GreenOne is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 15 Old 10-20-2017, 07:04 AM
Track Day Rider
 
GreenOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Oslo, Norway
Posts: 135
Posting Frequency
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by romanovalentin View Post
There is only one little problem guys....

I tightened the straps around the joints but there is a small amount of air leaking and I have no idea how that would be possible. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Unfortunately It isn't possible to add .mp4 files, how am I ever going to be able to show you guys the vid?!
The link pipe might have a slight oval shape. First try moving the clamps around a little in all directions. If nothing helps you can try with some super thin "exhaust leak fix aluminium tape" from a auto parts store. On the inner flange, as a filler. If needed in combination with exhaust mounting paste.

If the leak is before the o2 sensor you should get it fixed. If it is after, it`s just more of an annoyance.
romanovalentin likes this.

I`m just in for the ride

Last edited by GreenOne; 10-20-2017 at 07:10 AM.
GreenOne is offline  
post #13 of 15 Old 10-20-2017, 08:37 AM Thread Starter
Squid
 
romanovalentin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 9
Posting Frequency
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenOne View Post
Ok. The bung is for the larger 18mm wideband sensors then, but the adapter works just fine as long as the sensor tip is in the exhaust flow.

If you use the power commander, you would need a o2 optimizer as well to control the closed loop area. And it will still not be 100% optimal in that range. The o2 optimizer is another $100 in the US. Probably more in your country.
And you should get it tuned in a shop on top of the 500+ bucks you will pay for just the PCV hardware.

Editing the ECU gives you a lot of tunable options for probably about the same price. Find a shop who can do this. Have a look here for the possibilities.
2011-2015 Kawasaki ZX10R - USB (Mitsubishi) v3 Package
Thanks! I will get into it!

romanovalentin is offline  
 
post #14 of 15 Old 10-20-2017, 08:50 AM Thread Starter
Squid
 
romanovalentin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 9
Posting Frequency
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenOne View Post
The link pipe might have a slight oval shape. First try moving the clamps around a little in all directions. If nothing helps you can try with some super thin "exhaust leak fix aluminium tape" from a auto parts store. On the inner flange, as a filler. If needed in combination with exhaust mounting paste.

If the leak is before the o2 sensor you should get it fixed. If it is after, it`s just more of an annoyance.
Well, unfortunately it is at both sides. The air escapes around the area where the bolt tightens the clamp. See attached image for an example. At both sides, such clamps are used where on the web, I often see those completely closed clamps. I'll try to move the clamps around and see what happens otherwise use the leak fix tape!

Again, thank you very much for sharing the knowledge
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	61905_x800.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	405705  
romanovalentin is offline  
post #15 of 15 Old 10-20-2017, 09:00 AM
Track Day Rider
 
GreenOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Oslo, Norway
Posts: 135
Posting Frequency
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by romanovalentin View Post
Well, unfortunately it is at both sides. The air escapes around the area where the bolt tightens the clamp. See attached image for an example. At both sides, such clamps are used where on the web, I often see those completely closed clamps. I'll try to move the clamps around and see what happens otherwise use the leak fix tape!

Again, thank you very much for sharing the knowledge
I see. You can usually find better fully closing clamps at the auto parts store to try as well before messing with the tape and paste. Just measure the size you need and see what you can find. I am using those type of clamps on my bike. Good luck!
romanovalentin likes this.

I`m just in for the ride
GreenOne is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Tags
cat, midpipe

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome