Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Best sprocket/chain kit 2008?

9K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  boilovepho 
#1 ·
Hey all I am going to order a new chain and sprocket kit here soon, my bike is an 08.....what would you suggest for longevity?

#7 ·
LDH said:
Like I do with just about everything motorcycle related that comes up in a repetitive internet forum setting I put my thoughts down for all to see.

ROGUE RACING ZX10R Gearing / Sprockets Page
Nice article as always, LDH. Only one error in it. The OEM chain size for the ZX-10R is 525, not 530 as the article indicates. Converting up to a 530 size or down to a 520 size is somewhat lost in the wording in that.

EK MVXZ chains are great.

And just about any sprocket will work other than SUPERSPROX. Don't waste your money on those contraptions. Steel for longevity, aluminum for performance and replace them sooner.

#8 ·
Yea I copied that article from my 1000RR site and made tiny changes in regards to the Kawi. I thought I had put a disclaimer in it as such, but I may have omitted it somewhere along the line. I'll check it when it slows down later today.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.