Beginning of my 1078cc Gen 3 build - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 4Likes
  • 4 Post By LampPost

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 10-03-2017, 01:21 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Beginning of my 1078cc Gen 3 build

Finally got the majority of my parts in for my engine build so I figured I would post a picture up. Here's the rundown:

Carpenter Racing Head/Cam package
CP 3mm pistons @ 13.5:1 compression
Carillo Connecting Rods
Cometic .030 Headgasket (slightly thinner)

The Carpenter package includes a CNC port on the head, upgraded valve springs, titanium retainers and Megacycle billet camshafts. Everything else is just run of the mill, off the shelf parts. I have no clue how much power to expect so I'm not going to get my hopes up and bet on a number just yet.

Eventual goal is to add a nitrous kit and spray whatever it will hold reliably but I'm going to get some seat time first before doing so. I bought a spare set of engine cases to have machined so I'll be sending them out next week and once they return I will schedule a date to drop the bike off with my engine builder.

Can't wait!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0687_1507051252125.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	603.4 KB
ID:	405122  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 10-03-2017, 01:30 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Looking forward to hear the results! Who did you use for the cylinder/nikasil work?

I`m just in for the ride
post #3 of 5 Old 10-03-2017, 05:09 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenOne View Post
Looking forward to hear the results! Who did you use for the cylinder/nikasil work?
That's actually the last step I have to accomplish before the engine gets built. My engine builder has someone he sends them out to normally but I'm weighing options. Everywhere I've looked seems to be in the $700-800 range no matter who you go with.

post #4 of 5 Old 10-04-2017, 01:30 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by LampPost View Post
That's actually the last step I have to accomplish before the engine gets built. My engine builder has someone he sends them out to normally but I'm weighing options. Everywhere I've looked seems to be in the $700-800 range no matter who you go with.
I prefer US chrome i had a bad experience with Millennium, although Carpenter uses them, he sends em lots of work so will be better looked after i would have had him do them if i was sending a head in. Have you had the +1mm valve option on the seats?

192MPH stock engined 2008
post #5 of 5 Old 10-04-2017, 10:41 PM
gaz
Squid

Posting Frequency

contact kim at carolina cycles. $650, close to u and they also do a light final mill on top deck surface after plating to ensure perfectley flat and better finish for head gasket seal than the plating deposited there in the process. just a heads up, most piston kits i measure have about .005 negative deck when assembled. that .030 hg is slightley thicker than stock and will result in .035 piston to head. if u want it all, that is too much and cost u some power. cometic can make u a hg any thickness u specify, set pth .028, u will be faster for it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.