Gen 5: 2016 -> Austin Slip on question - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 03-17-2017, 06:17 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Austin Slip on question

Hi, Newbie here, back on a Ninja(2016 KRT ABS) last Ninja was an 88 ZX10!!!! before that an 86 Ninja 900 and before that an 82 GPz 550
anyway I just came off a 2012 Panigale S that I bought new and loved for all 12k miles but it was time for a change and a more comfortable and economical liter bike was necessary.
I need a link pipe for the Austin slip on that I want. They dont make one. I dont want a full system at this point.Anyone try another manufacturers link pipe with a different manufacturers slip on?
shouldnt they be interchangeable? wouldnt all link pipes need to match the openings dimensions of the cat? I could be dead wrong
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-17-2017, 08:01 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Garage
Yes I used a Austin can with a 2 bros link!but that's on a gen4!the next can had a 50mm opening and it worked but a complete Pia trying to buy a exhaust hanger to suit!the ARgp2 and gp2R have about a 70mm opening that slips over their link so that would be near impossible to get!Im sure gen4/5 ti header openings are the same just the gen5 headers are a bit longer!my advice don't mix and match just go with link and slip from Akrapovic,Leo,AR,Graves bla bla!there is heaps of options out there and prices range from $350 to heaps!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.