Gen 4: 2011-2015 Anyone mod the gps to read 1n23455 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 04-15-2018, 03:45 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Anyone mod the gps to read 1n23455

I usually do all my own tuning and ecu flashing but I don't have equipment for my 11 zx10 to do the flash to remove early rev limit in 6th.I've built what they call a high gain mod for my hayabusa which just changes the resistance on the gps enough to make the bike see 1n23455 therefore bypassing the early limit in 6th. But it looks like the kawi uses decreasing resistance as the gears go up instead of increasing like suzuki does. Has anyone come up with a solution besides a flash to remove the 6th gear limit?

04 1000rr, 05 zx10 rocket...check out some of my work in my albums link.. http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/album.php?albumid=3114
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 04-15-2018, 04:51 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Many ways to get it done, from modding gps to building separate gps emulator.
post #3 of 14 Old 04-15-2018, 05:29 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Would you have any links to gps mod for the gen 4?not much info online since most just do the flash. I am debating on just adding a 100ohm resistor in line with gps signal wire but that may still see 6th depending on the variance limit in ecu

04 1000rr, 05 zx10 rocket...check out some of my work in my albums link.. http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/album.php?albumid=3114

post #4 of 14 Old 04-15-2018, 06:16 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

I don't know of any links, I just typed what i would do if i needed to get something like that done.

Why would you add another resistor inline if you already said that resistance decreases as the gears go up meaning resistance for gear 5 is lower than gear 6?
post #5 of 14 Old 04-15-2018, 06:53 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
I'm not sure yet just trying to think of ways beside buying all new flashing equipment to override the limiter. I'm under the impression the gen 4 limits 6th gear rpm similar to the gen 2 hayabusa speed limiter. But I'm still looking for a concrete answer on that

post #6 of 14 Old 04-15-2018, 11:01 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I understand what you want to do an why you want to avoid buying another "all new flashing equipment" but to be honest i think there's so much other to do in the ECU to tune it, your better off spending 300 and buying a woolich log box mate. Seriously it pays you back 10 times over.

192MPH stock engined 2008
post #7 of 14 Old 04-16-2018, 05:21 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Yes but I just spent a few hundred on hayabusa flashing equipment and I already have a pcv for fuel. All I really wanna do is remove the limiter and up the idle. Hard to justify 400+$just to do that but I'll see

post #8 of 14 Old 04-16-2018, 06:27 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Find used sensor (Gen1 sensor looks similar shape, cost 10 in eBay). Drill epoxy out, add new resistors if damaged in process, rewire 6th.

Gen4 race: high spec.
Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa 2013: stock.
Kawasaki KX450F 2016: love it.
post #9 of 14 Old 04-16-2018, 08:32 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
It looks like from what I've found that regardless of gear once the ecm sees 189mph it kicks in a rev limiter. So have to somehow trick the pcm to see less mph. Can modify the speed pickups but then never have a properly reading speedo

post #10 of 14 Old 04-16-2018, 09:05 AM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97grnrs View Post
It looks like from what I've found that regardless of gear once the ecm sees 189mph it kicks in a rev limiter. So have to somehow trick the pcm to see less mph. Can modify the speed pickups but then never have a properly reading speedo
You're treading up a slippery slope here. The speed for the G4 comes off the rear wheel speed sensor. If you screw around with that, without matching it to the front wheel speed sensor, then the traction control/ABS will be affected. So you'll be spending way more time/money figuring out how to create a matching wheel speed sensor or piggyback electronic unit than you will paying for the flash kit and just checking the box in the software.

Aside from that, the "rev limiter" you mention is a combination of fuel, ignition timing, and secondary throttle plates. They all work in conjunction to limit power for TC use and speed restrictions.

I'm not sure what flash kit you had for the Suzuki or what ECU the Suzuki uses. But if it's a Woolich kit and it is for the Mitsubishi ECU type, then you may be OK reusing the kit with a new harness and BIN file to lower the buy-in cost some. That's worth more of an investigation that trying the circumvent the other stuff.

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.
#WordCrimes

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.