All Gens: So, your "FI" light is on..... - Page 6 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 57 Old 07-02-2015, 03:22 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by sccadsr31 View Post
The switching valve is on top of your cam cover and connects the 2 ports that feed into the exhaust ports for smog. There is very little in that valve, it can be easily checked; according to the manual the resistance between the 2 pins should be 20-24 ohms and it shows how to connect it directly to the battery to check the internal operation. Looking at the schematic it would appear the W/R is the voltage and the R/BL goes to the ECU and most likely is grounded in the ecu. I'm not at the shop so I do not have one to look at but when you have it off and in the orientation shown in the manual you can verify which is the voltage side and which the ground, that will also tell you if the ecu is grounding or providing voltage.
If the valve is good then you have check out the ecu/wiring: if the ecu is grounding Vs providing voltage then with the ignition on a volt meter set to ohms and placed between the R/BL to ground should have continuity if it does not then either the wiring is bad or the ecu. I'm betting it is not the ecu.
The ports in the cam cover are blocked off in my engines so I do not use this and just ignore the code ( I can do that in my application) or put the 24 ohm resistor in the wiring harness where I cut out the connector.
If it turns out yours is bad (switching valve) I'll be happy to give one if you pay postage.
David
So far I've just been dealing w/ the light being on (even though it's a pain in the ass). I haven't been able to ride much anyway, so I'll take a look when the riding season is over with. Thanks for the offer though, really appreciate it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 57 Old 07-19-2015, 07:14 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

I need to ask for help from the big brains in the thread here please...
Have just gotten my bike back (which is track-only now) from the mechanic/tuner, fixing a tune issue. That tune issue is now resolved, and the bike is now putting out the performance that it should; a-la new dyno numbers any way. (bike- 2013, and apparently a 'California' model, since I have/had a bunch of hoses that went to this tall square box for emissions or something, now all removed, except the hoses are plugged, and those were removed before the scenario below, which has just now unfolded, with no error codes on the bike before now)
Unfortunately, it has been returned to me, with the red FI light on, and a "I'll see what this may be", but I have the bike home, and he never looked up the FI code...
Definitely want to say a big 'Thanks' to all for the good threads and moderators, and a useful Search feature, which has gotten me this far.
Where I'm now stuck, and don't have the mechanical knowledge, is where to go next...
The bike is showing code '2d', and I have downloaded the service manual, and understand this is something for "Air Intake Solenoid Valve (Service Code 2d, Equipped Models)". I spoke to the mechanic, and he did say that he took off the air box to get at the ECU. Perhaps, he left something unplugged? He cannot say for sure.
Has anyone seen this, can someone please tip me to the best thing to check first, as he's a 35-mile drive away across Dallas, along with $6 in tolls each way (loading it in / out of the truck bed, etc)?
-Thanks!

www.youtube.com/user/n7hevn

Current bikes: 2008 Honda GoldWing, 2013 Kawasaki ZX-10R (track only).
Over 112,000 miles on two wheels since Feb 2003.
CMRA #628
2012 Novice season: Formula 40, Champion // Formula 1, Second Place // Superbike A, Third Place // Modern Classic, Third Place
2013 Expert season: Rookie Expert, Third Place // Modern Classic, Third Place
post #53 of 57 Old 07-19-2015, 08:32 PM Thread Starter
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
All Gens: So, your "FI" light is on.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by N7HEVN View Post
I need to ask for help from the big brains in the thread here please...

Have just gotten my bike back (which is track-only now) from the mechanic/tuner, fixing a tune issue. That tune issue is now resolved, and the bike is now putting out the performance that it should; a-la new dyno numbers any way. (bike- 2013, and apparently a 'California' model, since I have/had a bunch of hoses that went to this tall square box for emissions or something, now all removed, except the hoses are plugged, and those were removed before the scenario below, which has just now unfolded, with no error codes on the bike before now)

Unfortunately, it has been returned to me, with the red FI light on, and a "I'll see what this may be", but I have the bike home, and he never looked up the FI code...

Definitely want to say a big 'Thanks' to all for the good threads and moderators, and a useful Search feature, which has gotten me this far.

Where I'm now stuck, and don't have the mechanical knowledge, is where to go next...

The bike is showing code '2d', and I have downloaded the service manual, and understand this is something for "Air Intake Solenoid Valve (Service Code 2d, Equipped Models)". I spoke to the mechanic, and he did say that he took off the air box to get at the ECU. Perhaps, he left something unplugged? He cannot say for sure.

Has anyone seen this, can someone please tip me to the best thing to check first, as he's a 35-mile drive away across Dallas, along with $6 in tolls each way (loading it in / out of the truck bed, etc)?

-Thanks!

As you've seen, the 2d code is the air intake solenoid valve. It's not on all models and is different than the air switching valve on top of the motor. That intake valve connector is located up in the front cowling and most likely didn't get plugged back in. Or the wires got damaged. Or maybe he removed it. You need to get to it and check the connection first thing.

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.

#WordCrimes

Last edited by SkyDork; 07-19-2015 at 08:39 PM.

post #54 of 57 Old 07-21-2015, 06:17 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Thanks Sky, appreciate the input.
What I hadn't noted in the first message too, about this issue, was that the picture in the service manual shows hardware that I simply didn't have on my bike.
Took the bike back to the mechanic today, and he yanked the tank and inspected. Found nothing wrong.
Pulled the ECU, and ran a Read on it. Found the problem. When he last flashed it, there were some check-box items to disable certain things, which he didn't do. Set all those items, put it back in the bike, and now no more red FI light on.
Now, onto Barber in two weekend! Yeehaw!

CMRA #628
2012 Novice season: Formula 40, Champion // Formula 1, Second Place // Superbike A, Third Place // Modern Classic, Third Place
post #55 of 57 Old 01-22-2016, 10:09 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Hey fellas, I got an FI light with a 39 error code on my 2011, not sure how I should take care of this or what is causing it.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
post #56 of 57 Old 01-23-2016, 09:47 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benitez1117 View Post
Hey fellas, I got an FI light with a 39 error code on my 2011, not sure how I should take care of this or what is causing it.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Come on buddy. Really? That's your FIRST post on the site?

It's not that difficult. All I did was go to Google, and type in "kawasaki zx-10r 39 error code"

...and WOW, look what was the very first article that comes up! Amazing!!!

Error code 39

CMRA #628
post #57 of 57 Old 03-11-2016, 04:23 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Skype™ to famishiko
Gen 4
Subthrottle Valve Actuator (Service Code 62)

1. buy Capacitor 25v 500 microfarad, Resistor 8.2 Ohm 2 set.
2. Set this Resistor plus side on the actuator connector and than connect Capacitor (I had cut this connector and set there in line) (see pics)
3. take Subthrottle sensor and turn in 90 % not 100% and drill there and put some little pin and make stronger that not pull out.
4. that's all it will disappear your Code 62 but, if not, disconnect battery 2 or 3 minute and then connect, if there will be again this code trust me that you have not move normally your subthrottle sensor in 90 %,
5. Ok let's make like this that was not any mistake, take tool and turn manually with your hand first 60 % turn on ingnation if code will be turn off ignation and than turn in 70 % and atc...(but don't forget that this capasitor and resistor must already installed in Valve actuator connector.) when you will see that was disappear, remember this turn % in sensor, drill and pull there some pin :)

Note: when you will turn off this bodies sensor and actuator must already removed flappers of course :)

P.S. Sorry that I already post this in wrong section (Fail)
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.