All Gens: So, your "FI" light is on..... - Page 5 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 57 Old 04-07-2015, 11:06 AM Thread Starter
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
All Gens: So, your "FI" light is on.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdh View Post
Sorry, don't mean anything personally. I really enjoy reading your posts and I like learning as much as I can about the machine I get on. :) Interested to know about your username. I assume some relation to aviation. :)

I didn't take it personally at all! It's all good. That was sarcasm.

Yes, aviation related as I went to school to be a pilot but ended up as a flight simulator engineer.

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.
#WordCrimes

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 57 Old 04-07-2015, 11:08 AM
tdh
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Ah 15 years Air Force here. Wanted to be a fighter pilot but ended up just being a Crew Chief on fighters for 11 of those years (F-16, F-4, A-10). I did get a ride in my F-4 though and did do engine runs on them which is about the closest I got (other than flying Cessnas).

post #43 of 57 Old 04-07-2015, 11:10 AM Thread Starter
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdh View Post
Ah 15 years Air Force here. Wanted to be a fighter pilot but ended up just being a Crew Chief on fighters for 11 of those years (F-16, F-4, A-10). I did get a ride in my F-4 though and did do engine runs on them which is about the closest I got (other than flying Cessnas).

Badass. Mostly helo aims for me. CH-53, CH-46, H-60, etc

#WordCrimes

post #44 of 57 Old 04-07-2015, 11:14 AM
tdh
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Ah, sorry for the derail on the thread. :) There was a time I thought about leaving the Air Force and going into the Army on the warrant officer program to fly helicopters. I even went down and took the written test at Fort Jackson and scored very well on it. But, before going too much farther with that I decided it would be harder on the family life so didn't pursue it further.

post #45 of 57 Old 04-26-2015, 04:29 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Does anyone know what a FI code of 23 or 24 means for a 2011 zx10? My speedo also quit working
post #46 of 57 Old 04-26-2015, 04:44 PM
Servo's Eliminatus ;)

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by coryking226 View Post
Does anyone know what a FI code of 23 or 24 means for a 2011 zx10? My speedo also quit working
Code 24 is Rear Wheel Rotation Sensor, manual says if this is bad it will stop the S-KTRC
SkyDork likes this.

If your hair is short and nappy...
Afrosheen will make you happy.
Anyone remember that one from the 1970's ?

Last edited by hellsrazor; 04-26-2015 at 04:47 PM.
post #47 of 57 Old 04-26-2015, 05:28 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

I wonder what could be wrong with it. I just changed tires so I guess ill have to double check everything
post #48 of 57 Old 04-26-2015, 05:56 PM Thread Starter
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by coryking226 View Post
I wonder what could be wrong with it. I just changed tires so I guess ill have to double check everything

You nicked a wire, the sensor got struck, the sensor is dirty, the sensor is spaced to far from the sensor ring, the sensor ring is damaged, etc. Should not be too hard to pinpoint
hellsrazor and coryking226 like this.

#WordCrimes

post #49 of 57 Old 06-11-2015, 01:19 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

I have a 2008 with the following mods: block off plates, quickshifter (blue monkey motorsports QSE), Brocks full exhaust, Bazzaz, and servo eliminator. Currently showing a code 64 (Air switching valve malfunction, wiring open or short).

Any suggestions on what to check after making sure that all connections are solid? My brother put it together for me and rode it to make sure that nothing major was wrong, and says that it rides solid except for some slight decel popping at speed. He's a dedicated Suzuki (Busa worshiper more like it), and he had a big ass grin on his face after bringing it back.
post #50 of 57 Old 06-18-2015, 11:13 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

The switching valve is on top of your cam cover and connects the 2 ports that feed into the exhaust ports for smog. There is very little in that valve, it can be easily checked; according to the manual the resistance between the 2 pins should be 20-24 ohms and it shows how to connect it directly to the battery to check the internal operation. Looking at the schematic it would appear the W/R is the voltage and the R/BL goes to the ECU and most likely is grounded in the ecu. I'm not at the shop so I do not have one to look at but when you have it off and in the orientation shown in the manual you can verify which is the voltage side and which the ground, that will also tell you if the ecu is grounding or providing voltage.
If the valve is good then you have check out the ecu/wiring: if the ecu is grounding Vs providing voltage then with the ignition on a volt meter set to ohms and placed between the R/BL to ground should have continuity if it does not then either the wiring is bad or the ecu. I'm betting it is not the ecu.
The ports in the cam cover are blocked off in my engines so I do not use this and just ignore the code ( I can do that in my application) or put the 24 ohm resistor in the wiring harness where I cut out the connector.
If it turns out yours is bad (switching valve) I'll be happy to give one if you pay postage.
David
EpiRush likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.