Gen 3: 2008-2010 Afr - Page 2 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 15 Old 01-02-2018, 06:21 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

I know i've asked this before, but, anybody have a good estimate for AFR for oxygenated fuel? I'm running Renegade SX4 fuel which is unleaded 97 octane and 3.6% oxygenated. The bike is solely for drag racing.
I have a pc5 and wideband on it, which I can datalog with. I think i'm somewhere around 12.5 or 13:1, but it's been since september since i've touched it or look at data.

'08 10R, Lime/Black
Flashed ECU, PC5,WBC, custom shift light, shifter w/co2, cat delete, V&H slip-on, BMC race, lowered, stretched,-2/+5
MORE TO COME
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 Old 01-02-2018, 02:35 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by medicbaldwin View Post
I know i've asked this before, but, anybody have a good estimate for AFR for oxygenated fuel? I'm running Renegade SX4 fuel which is unleaded 97 octane and 3.6% oxygenated. The bike is solely for drag racing.
I have a pc5 and wideband on it, which I can datalog with. I think i'm somewhere around 12.5 or 13:1, but it's been since september since i've touched it or look at data.
Air fuel is air fuel regardless what fuel you run. You just need more of it for oxygenated. Start safe, around 12.7ish and lean it out till it slows down.. I wouldn't like running more than 13.2 on the top end.

2013 10R
2007 650R
2016 10R
post #13 of 15 Old 01-02-2018, 09:46 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

13 seems to be the popular number. I was running at 13 with pump gas. I changed the tune last year after putting some oxygenated fuel into the bike but didn't pay much attention to the afr. More than likely, it's really FAT.

'08 10R, Lime/Black
Flashed ECU, PC5,WBC, custom shift light, shifter w/co2, cat delete, V&H slip-on, BMC race, lowered, stretched,-2/+5
MORE TO COME

post #14 of 15 Old 01-03-2018, 12:24 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

If you're going to get serious about tuning and you plan on changing fuel types, start looking into using lambda readings instead of AFR. If you know your stoich for a given fuel and what stoich the AFR gauge is using you can eyeball/Kentucky windage it in there, but Lambda is always the same for a given application, regardless of the fuel you use.... makes it really handy if you use different fuels often.

EDIT: Simple, but somewhat helpful article http://blog.innovatemotorsports.com/...the-difference

Attack life... it's going to kill you anyway.

Last edited by SpazOnaZX; 01-03-2018 at 12:30 AM.
post #15 of 15 Old 01-09-2018, 12:14 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Anybody familiar with or used Dynojet's Autotune? How much time does it need to figure out map changes? If it's more advantageous for me i'm considering selling my wideband commander and buying an Autotune, but, if it takes a good amount of time to figure out map corrections then i'll just keep on keepin on with my current setup.

'08 10R, Lime/Black
MORE TO COME
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in