2015 zx10r having surging issues in gear only - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 02-28-2018, 11:15 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

2015 zx10r having surging issues in gear only

Hello everyone I have a 2015 zx10r abs.. Only 3900 miles recently it has been surging when i full throttle it but only in gear under a load. In neutral I can rev it all the way to red line. The only mod is a vance and hines slip on exhaust. So far ive changed the plugs(gap=.34) pulled the air filter and replaced that with a stock one. Fresh oil and oil filter. Pulled the injectors and cleaned them. Poured out all the old gas and put fresh 93 octane in. Pulled the fuel pump assembly and Took it apart and cleaned the fuel filter/strainer but didnt replace it. But it looked super dirty had black liquid coming out. No fi light at all. I dont know if its the fuel pump it self or not definitly need help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 02-28-2018, 01:50 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minirambo19 View Post
Hello everyone I have a 2015 zx10r abs.. Only 3900 miles recently it has been surging when i full throttle it but only in gear under a load. In neutral I can rev it all the way to red line. The only mod is a vance and hines slip on exhaust. So far ive changed the plugs(gap=.34) pulled the air filter and replaced that with a stock one. Fresh oil and oil filter. Pulled the injectors and cleaned them. Poured out all the old gas and put fresh 93 octane in. Pulled the fuel pump assembly and Took it apart and cleaned the fuel filter/strainer but didnt replace it. But it looked super dirty had black liquid coming out. No fi light at all. I dont know if its the fuel pump it self or not definitly need help!
You may want to check the fuel line under the tank.. have seen many times where the fuel line gets kinked when the tank is put back on which causes this to happen. The black dirty liquid you talk about does not sound good through. If not a kinked line i would try fuel pump next since it sounds like you checked over everything else. Is the bike flashed?

2013 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R

~Woolich ECU Flash/Log Box/AutoTune~Driven Block Off Plates~Woodcraft Frame sliders~Cox Radiator Guard~OEM Seat Cowl~Tinted Hotbodies Venom Windscreen~Lightech Chain Adjusters/Axle Sliders/Spools~Sato Rearsets/Race Hooks/Bar Ends/Reservoir Covers~Pazzo Shorty Levers~Engine Ice~Motodynamics Rear Turn Signals~Ohlins TTX MKII Rear Shock~R&G Case Savers~M4 Street Slayer Exhaust~Ohlins Race SCU~-1 +2 520 Driven Sprockets~520 DID Gold Chain~
post #3 of 6 Old 03-04-2018, 11:36 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Sorry to get back late, the bike is not flashed I figured out the problem finally. After removing the tank and resetting it down I knew it wasnt the fuel line. I checked the exhaust butterfly valve and turns out it was stuck in the closed position which caused low rpm power but studdering super bad around 6-7k rpm. Hope this helps everyone else thanks

post #4 of 6 Old 03-16-2018, 06:52 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Man my 04 is doing the exact same thing to the t. I did unhook the exhaust valve. But i wonder if the valve is still malfunctioning. What did you end up doing to the exhaust valve?
post #5 of 6 Old 03-18-2018, 11:40 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

I had a 05 as well loved that 1st gen. What I did was manually turn the exhaust valve. You will hear your exhaust go from sorta quiet to loud when it gets loud you know its open. It will also rev up much quicker. The valve as you know should be on your exhaust just before the end pipe. Once i opened it I welded it open and solved that issue I hope this helps.
post #6 of 6 Old 03-26-2018, 07:46 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Mine was the fuel pump
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.