Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

2015 zx10r having surging issues in gear only

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  bigirb2002 
#1 ·
Hello everyone I have a 2015 zx10r abs.. Only 3900 miles recently it has been surging when i full throttle it but only in gear under a load. In neutral I can rev it all the way to red line. The only mod is a vance and hines slip on exhaust. So far ive changed the plugs(gap=.34) pulled the air filter and replaced that with a stock one. Fresh oil and oil filter. Pulled the injectors and cleaned them. Poured out all the old gas and put fresh 93 octane in. Pulled the fuel pump assembly and Took it apart and cleaned the fuel filter/strainer but didnt replace it. But it looked super dirty had black liquid coming out. No fi light at all. I dont know if its the fuel pump it self or not definitly need help!

#2 ·
You may want to check the fuel line under the tank.. have seen many times where the fuel line gets kinked when the tank is put back on which causes this to happen. The black dirty liquid you talk about does not sound good through. If not a kinked line i would try fuel pump next since it sounds like you checked over everything else. Is the bike flashed?

#3 ·
Sorry to get back late, the bike is not flashed I figured out the problem finally. After removing the tank and resetting it down I knew it wasnt the fuel line. I checked the exhaust butterfly valve and turns out it was stuck in the closed position which caused low rpm power but studdering super bad around 6-7k rpm. Hope this helps everyone else thanks

#5 ·
I had a 05 as well loved that 1st gen. What I did was manually turn the exhaust valve. You will hear your exhaust go from sorta quiet to loud when it gets loud you know its open. It will also rev up much quicker. The valve as you know should be on your exhaust just before the end pipe. Once i opened it I welded it open and solved that issue I hope this helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.