Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

'17 ZX-10RR power and mods

Gen 5: 2016-20 
9K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Newf 
#1 ·
Hi Fellow Kawasexy Riders!

I just wanted to make a post about my ZX-10RR power after mods, as I haven't seen one on here yet.

Mod List:
Full Akrapovic Evolution exhaust
Woolich Racing flash and tune
Sprint P16 Race Air Filter
Smog block off plates

Mods to come:
High lift cams with valve springs
Perhaps a port and polish

I did a mix between soft and hard break-in. I rode soft-normal for the first 500 miles and normal-hard for the next 500.

Consistently pulled 195 whp and 82-83 ft-lbs of torque using SAE. The tuner said there's still a bit of power to be had from a full dyno tune, but as it stands I have the highest HP all motor 1k in my area at the moment!

For anyone in the St. Louis/Southern Illinois area, Gearhead Performance is a 5 star shop and they have great customer service!

I'll be posting my maps to Woolich Racing mapshare if anyone is interested.

Thank you to ZX10Archer for all the answered support questions!

Feel free to ask any questions. Pictures are attached.

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
I have the "kit" intake cam and thought I could use the stock springs. If that's not correct, what springs are recommended.

Newf - I know you're running a superstock bike, so I presume you still have the stock springs. What springs are your friends using with the kit cams in other classes?
Thanks!

#9 ·
If you're just using the zx10r kit camshaft then you only need oem springs. I've just been informed that Kawasaki are suppose to have an upgraded valve spring for the zx10rr kit camshaft coming out soon.

I'm trying to decide if i'll stay Superstock for next season or toss some kit cams/valve springs in the bike and race Superbike.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.