Standing Mile - Page 5 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 45 Old 02-05-2018, 02:14 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by realpsi View Post
Where are these events held? I see a lot for cars and most specifically mention no motorcycles. Anything similar to wanngofast for motorcycles?
They are all over the place in the US, both in time and location. Most you see in the spring or fall. Arizona has about two or three usually (Race wars & No Fly Zone, for example), California has El Mirage all year (SCTA), Utah has the salt flats in August/September (SCTA, AMA, FIM), There are a few in Texas/Arkansas/Colorado spread throughout the year (US Mile). I believe Maine and Ohio have events as well, but I don't know when or where.

Attack life... it's going to kill you anyway.

Last edited by SpazOnaZX; 02-06-2018 at 11:07 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 45 Old 02-05-2018, 02:23 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by C3L1CA View Post
Bummer update but I never went and did the mile and with a new baby I'm not sure if I'll get the chance to go to the standing mile races for a long while.

After I had some head work, thinner head gasket, and degree'ing the cams my bike seemed like it had solid mid range then up top it never seemed to run perfect. The tune that used to work in it before made the bike run like crap wide open and I was eventually able to get the tune to get dialed in a bit but after heading to the track it didn't go any faster than the year before. With not being any faster I didn't want to waste all the time and money and go out east.

Long story short I kept riding it and raced it a few times on the street and track to only really be about the same as last year. I just sent my injectors off to be cleaned and found out one of the upper injectors was stuck shut. That was probably why I wasn't able to dial in the tune and hopefully bike works better this summer. I found a really nice/smooth new patch of concrete like 10 minutes from my house that I could do some testing on if the bike seems better this summer.
Hey man, the good news is it didn't melt down, and you got it figured out! If you were playing with turbos or nitrous that could have been a really bad day. :)

Get out on a runway sometime this year, it's a hoot! I've got cabin fever like a bitch right now! heheh

Attack life... it's going to kill you anyway.
post #43 of 45 Old 02-06-2018, 08:44 AM
gaz
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

c3lica, knew something wrong with that bike. basically running 3 cylinders tuned pig rich to offset 1 super lean to obtain target afr after uppers take over at high rpm. cleaned/flowed inj's, retuned, u will see what u got. been thru this many times on other builds, i've had about 40 injectors cleaned/flowed since spring on all types of builds. only a very few flowed within 10% of cleaned results, worse were clogged 90%, overall probabley about a 20% average mismatch in flow rates between one or more injectors in a set. just kills hp/torque/response. bike running pretty good, i used to assume injectors were fine, i have proved that to be wrong. results on dailey street ridden bikes can be dramatic. balanced injector flow is primary to performance, highley recommend injector service. i pay $91 4 inj, $169 8 inj, the best money u can spend.

Last edited by gaz; 02-06-2018 at 08:53 AM.

post #44 of 45 Old 02-06-2018, 12:46 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

the cancer I have in Dominican Rep, is also the pump, for some reason pumps fail often, I tune, next month no power or -10hp.....

pumps and injectors are a must on this bikes....
gaz likes this.
post #45 of 45 Old 02-06-2018, 12:47 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Getting ready to send off for both the 636 and 10r soon GAzx, have a hell of a time trying to cypher out those results though.

Live Til You Die - QOTSA

We will all die but only a select few of us will ever truly live.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in