Standing Mile - Page 3 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 34 Old 11-04-2016, 09:06 PM
Squid wannabe

Posting Frequency

I actually think the belly pan might hurt aero. It has a farly big lip on the back to contain fluids, which would trap the air coming through the headers.

Don't know for sure, but thats what i think.

When i ran the half mile i used my stock fairing, my race seat is also taller than stock, which is a no no.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 34 Old 11-05-2016, 04:56 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE ICE MAN View Post
The Aero mods were a cut down gas tank and a gen 1 Hayabusa
front fender.

Forgot to mention we also had a kit intake camshaft for the gen 2
2006 ZX10

Running in the 8's that is quick !
What needs to be done to use the front fender?
SpazOnaZX likes this.

2013 10R
post #23 of 34 Old 11-06-2016, 10:07 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafa View Post
I actually think the belly pan might hurt aero. It has a farly big lip on the back to contain fluids, which would trap the air coming through the headers.
I highly doubt it, but I would love to test it back to back. Every irregular surface exposed to moving air is a source of drag... the lower half of the bike has A LOT of irregular surfaces that are nicely smoothed out by the presence of a bellypan/lower fairing.

But I do know that without a lower to hold the upper fairing in place that the wind pulls the mid fairing back like a parachute at speeds nearing the double ton.... I've had the tips of my mid fairing pulled nearly 16" out of place before I noticed what was going on..... almost a really bad day.

Attack life... it's going to kill you anyway.

post #24 of 34 Old 11-06-2016, 03:56 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

I'm setting up my 5th gen for the standing mile. Have a Busa front fender an I lowered it about two inches front an rear. Waiting to save some money for my tunes. Pump an MR12 . Ill be running -1 in the rear. An brocks strap kit. A double bubble wind screen. Once I'm ready ill try an got to the next event in Maine.
post #25 of 34 Old 11-06-2016, 07:42 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by santi5222 View Post
I'm setting up my 5th gen for the standing mile. Have a Busa front fender an I lowered it about two inches front an rear. Waiting to save some money for my tunes. Pump an MR12 . Ill be running -1 in the rear. An brocks strap kit. A double bubble wind screen. Once I'm ready ill try an got to the next event in Maine.
I'm in New England, would like to try one of the Maine events

More cowbell
post #26 of 34 Old 11-07-2016, 06:49 AM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

I thought the fairings seem like they'd help a little bit but that is an interesting idea bout it catching more drag on the back of the lip for fluids. If that lip in the back was cut off it seems like the belly pan would be worth it. Maybe?

Also looking around this weekend it seem for a little more than a set of race plastics would cost you can get some head work done from Iceman or another shop I saw had good reviews. Almost wondering if getting some head work and a thin headgasket would be a better 'investment' vs body work.

I'd love to do both but don't know if my soon to be married budget will allow both. Another what would more experienced people do question lol. Kind of leaning towards the head if I know I can afford it and maybe get some valve springs so I could spray it someday and not be as worried but not 100% sure which route to go.
post #27 of 34 Old 11-07-2016, 06:51 AM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by santi5222 View Post
What did you have to do to put the busa front fender on? Did it bolt on or did you have to make custom brackets to bolt it up?

Good luck out at the mile if you haven't raced it yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle1000 View Post
I'm in New England, would like to try one of the Maine events
Maybe see you out there depending on which one you go to. I'm going to try my absolute best to make it out to the one in September!
turtle1000 likes this.
post #28 of 34 Old 12-08-2016, 03:21 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by C3L1CA View Post
What did you have to do to put the busa front fender on? Did it bolt on or did you have to make custom brackets to bolt it up?

Good luck out at the mile if you haven't raced it yet!

Maybe see you out there depending on which one you go to. I'm going to try my absolute best to make it out to the one in September!
still haven't installed it waiting on a friend to finish it up for me. Im getting it wrapped.
post #29 of 34 Old 12-08-2016, 06:51 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

i would think the lower fairing would make a difference. dont have them on the 07, they were not there when purchased. i've seen side fairings with no lower fairing support bow out at high speed and rip off. could be dangerous. i drilled out the lower radiator support bolted to the block, ran a stainless threaded rod thu locked on both sides of radiator support by nut/washers and and right out thru the lower end of the side fairings. secured the fairings with a stainless button head bolt for stability. radiator and fairings secured. looks factory.
SpazOnaZX likes this.

Last edited by gazx10; 12-09-2016 at 11:34 AM.
post #30 of 34 Old 12-09-2016, 09:07 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Hello guys,
I do not come hear often just received a PM
I made brackets to fit the Busa fender.

Sal.

http://aceperformance.com/
41 Land Speed record's 650 750 1000 1350 1650 2000 3000 3001+cc classes 236.96 MPH
Winner & fastest N.A. bikes of Texas Mile shootout N.A. and Nitrous class with NO NOS on bike.
223.33 MPH all motor Busa.
http://aceperformance.com/
203 + MPH 2016 ZX10R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.