Gen 2: 2006-2007 S1000RR Run In!! - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 13Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 05-10-2018, 01:06 AM Thread Starter
Squid
 
BavZ129's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 8
Posting Frequency
 
Garage
S1000RR Run In!!

Any one with a Gen 2 ZX10 had a run in with a S1000RR on a highway? Just curious as my buddy is looking to buy one

On another note, I'm looking at getting a Power Commander fitted, do you think I'll run him with a PC and Exhaust?
BavZ129 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 Old 05-10-2018, 06:26 AM
WSB Rider
 
Victors's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 696
Posting Frequency
  
Garage
Uhm, get used to losing.. and possibly bad depending on the year.

My second gen with a full bricks and dyno tune made a lot less power than a 2014 s1000rr on the same day and they only make more power the newer they get.
NinjaLife, Newf, ddipaola and 1 others like this.

2013 10R
2007 650R
2016 10R
Victors is offline  
post #3 of 11 Old 05-10-2018, 07:46 AM
Champion Rider
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 493
Posting Frequency
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BavZ129 View Post
Any one with a Gen 2 ZX10 had a run in with a S1000RR on a highway? Just curious as my buddy is looking to buy one

On another note, I'm looking at getting a Power Commander fitted, do you think I'll run him with a PC and Exhaust?
had same question a few months back. consensus was "buy new zx10"

BTW, not sure if you can use Woolich instead of PC. If you can, go with Woolich. Seen too many times PC fail mid ride too.
ddipaola and BavZ129 like this.
F SANE IL is offline  
 
post #4 of 11 Old 05-10-2018, 09:01 AM
GP Rider
 
NinjaLife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: N. Florida
Posts: 1,313
Posting Frequency
  
I've only rode with a guy on a S1000RR once. That was when I first got my 2nd Gen and it was mostly stock aside from the PC and Yoshi slip-on's.

But I remember that damn BMW flying by me while I was at 130ish like I was standing still. He was still rocking the stock pipe too so I didn't even hear him until he was already gone past me.

If you want to have any chance at all, try switching your sprockets to -1, +2 . Even then, I don't know if that would be enough.
ddipaola and BavZ129 like this.
NinjaLife is online now  
post #5 of 11 Old 05-14-2018, 12:42 AM Thread Starter
Squid
 
BavZ129's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 8
Posting Frequency
 
Garage
Damn... Sounds like bad news all round for me. Those damn S1000's are as mental as they look.

Might have to think about upgrading, any specific year model you guys have in mind?
BavZ129 is offline  
post #6 of 11 Old 05-14-2018, 11:52 PM
Street Rider
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 87
Posting Frequency
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaLife View Post
I've only rode with a guy on a S1000RR once. That was when I first got my 2nd Gen and it was mostly stock aside from the PC and Yoshi slip-on's.

But I remember that damn BMW flying by me while I was at 130ish like I was standing still. He was still rocking the stock pipe too so I didn't even hear him until he was already gone past me.

If you want to have any chance at all, try switching your sprockets to -1, +2 . Even then, I don't know if that would be enough.

Ok, let me translate for you. "I was riding along when I saw another sportbike quickly gaining on me, so I dropped a gear or two, and pinned the throttle. At about 130mph he flew past me like I was standing still"

Not impressed, lol. The BMW was obviously accelerating long before you, and he had already hit 150, 160, 170 by the time he passed you.

How much HP do you think these S1000RR's are making? Nothing crazy, and nothing beyond what the ZX10's can do. They are lighter, so they got that, but the difference in performance in equally setup bikes is not much. I see ZX10's beating BMW's and I see BMW's beating ZX10's. I see ZX10's beating R1M's, and I see R1M's beating ZX10's, same for GIXXERS, Honda's, Aprilia, etc. The only dominate bike I am aware of is the H2.

Get the bike that most appeals to you, that is all.
BavZ129 likes this.

Last edited by GearsNStuff; 05-15-2018 at 12:12 AM.
GearsNStuff is offline  
post #7 of 11 Old 05-15-2018, 04:40 AM Thread Starter
Squid
 
BavZ129's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 8
Posting Frequency
 
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearsNStuff View Post
Ok, let me translate for you. "I was riding along when I saw another sportbike quickly gaining on me, so I dropped a gear or two, and pinned the throttle. At about 130mph he flew past me like I was standing still"

Not impressed, lol. The BMW was obviously accelerating long before you, and he had already hit 150, 160, 170 by the time he passed you.

How much HP do you think these S1000RR's are making? Nothing crazy, and nothing beyond what the ZX10's can do. They are lighter, so they got that, but the difference in performance in equally setup bikes is not much. I see ZX10's beating BMW's and I see BMW's beating ZX10's. I see ZX10's beating R1M's, and I see R1M's beating ZX10's, same for GIXXERS, Honda's, Aprilia, etc. The only dominate bike I am aware of is the H2.

Get the bike that most appeals to you, that is all.
Solid answer lol.. I think you concluded this thread
I think I want to spend some money on my Gen2 & see what that baby is properly capable of.
At the end of this year i've got my eye on the 2015 ZX10 Anniversary Edition, catches my eye every time i see one.
NinjaLife likes this.
BavZ129 is offline  
post #8 of 11 Old 05-15-2018, 08:24 AM
GP Rider
 
NinjaLife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: N. Florida
Posts: 1,313
Posting Frequency
  
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearsNStuff View Post
Ok, let me translate for you. "I was riding along when I saw another sportbike quickly gaining on me, so I dropped a gear or two, and pinned the throttle. At about 130mph he flew past me like I was standing still"

Not impressed, lol. The BMW was obviously accelerating long before you, and he had already hit 150, 160, 170 by the time he passed you.

How much HP do you think these S1000RR's are making? Nothing crazy, and nothing beyond what the ZX10's can do. They are lighter, so they got that, but the difference in performance in equally setup bikes is not much. I see ZX10's beating BMW's and I see BMW's beating ZX10's. I see ZX10's beating R1M's, and I see R1M's beating ZX10's, same for GIXXERS, Honda's, Aprilia, etc. The only dominate bike I am aware of is the H2.

Get the bike that most appeals to you, that is all.
Now that I go back and read what I posted I did forget to mention that I was getting off the throttle. It was a group ride and I didn't see him behind me when I initially took off, so when I started rolling off the throttle and went to check my mirrors he zipped right on by. So I guess that doesn't really count as an "race" if you will. My bad yo lol.

But yeah to be honest, who cares if you can beat him in a straight line. Just tinker with what ya got or get whatever you want, there's tons of variables which will determine who wins races like this. Me personally I like my keeping my old 2nd Gen, gobs of mid range and if you do the right things to it and learn the bike, you can hang with pretty much any newer bike out there.


NinjaLife is online now  
post #9 of 11 Old 05-15-2018, 10:00 AM
Track Day Rider
 
ShawnG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 118
Posting Frequency
 
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearsNStuff View Post
How much HP do you think these S1000RR's are making? Nothing crazy, and nothing beyond what the ZX10's can do. They are lighter, so they got that, but the difference in performance in equally setup bikes is not much. I see ZX10's beating BMW's and I see BMW's beating ZX10's. I see ZX10's beating R1M's, and I see R1M's beating ZX10's, same for GIXXERS, Honda's, Aprilia, etc. The only dominate bike I am aware of is the H2.
The S1k is probably a solid 20hp more than a stock 1st Gen... In terms of motorcycles thats huuuuge. You would need to dive straight into internals if you wanted that engine to perform like current liter bikes.

Last edited by ShawnG; 05-15-2018 at 11:50 AM.
ShawnG is offline  
post #10 of 11 Old 05-15-2018, 11:09 AM
Street Rider
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 87
Posting Frequency
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnG View Post
The S1k is probably a solid 20hp more than a stock 2nd Gen... In terms of motorcycles thats huuuuge. You would need to dive straight into internals if you wanted that engine to perform like current liter bikes.

s1k aren't restricted, zx10's in the USA at least are. Thank you.
BavZ129 likes this.
GearsNStuff is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome