Need racers and first hand advices ONLY ! :)
I will start my post with an explanation to why I'm asking for racers and first hand advice ONLY. All of us here has a friend who has a friend that heard one bike is better than another...I'm not looking for rumors, I need facts :)
So, I'm doing track days and races in a small European league and I need help ASAP.
I own a fully moded 2010 ZX-10R track bike. It has Ohlins front and rear, QS, TC, LC, Rearset, Kawasaki Racing ECU (race track use only), Bodis Exhaust etc. It has 188hp on the Dyno.
I just came back from a race weekend in Greece and I got a chance to ride my friend's new 2015 10R It only has a flashed ECU, K&N air filter, Akra slipon and some race fairings, everything else is stock.
Power wise we were neck to neck but then it was time to brake into a corner and in that area I've noticed a huge difference. With his bike I could brake into corners and the bike was like a train on rails while with mine it felt more like a risk and the bike wasn't stable as I would like. The 2015 was so easy to handle and flick side to side, like a 600cc SSP bike, while mine felt more like a 12R.
I know my suspensions were way to stiff for my paste (I know that after a suspension expert checked it for me at the track) and probably that was the reason for some of the stuff I mentioned but unfortunately I couldn't check it as I crashed and sprained my shoulder.
My questions are:
with some suspensions work,
1. Will it be possible for a Gen3 10R to handle like the 2015?
2. Will it be possible for it to be flickable as a 2015?
3. Would it be possible to brake deep into corners with confidence, without dramas and head shakes and feel the front like on rails, again, like the 2015?
4. Do you think both bikes can do similar lap times (with the same rider and with putting the same effort)? It is important to me as I'm not Valentino Rossi and I need a bike that'll help me get to my full potential.
5. Should I, or Does it worth selling my Gen3 and get a 2013-15 model and do the same mods my friend has?
I know it is hard answering some of my questions but any help will be appreciated.
My friend and I usually has the same paste and we always progressed together. I want to know if I will have to work harder on my moded Gen3 just to match my friend paste while he has to put half the effort...
I hope you guys know what I'm talking about :)
Thanks in advance.