Help me beat Pesky! - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3109 Old 01-12-2005, 01:38 PM Thread Starter
MIA Post Whore
 
miykl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Princeton, Tx --'Nawlins refugee
Posts: 8,727
Posting Frequency
Images: 1
          
Cool Help me beat Pesky!

So here's my dyno graph and Pesky's. He's got a top end advantage and 30 pounds wieght advantage. I have a migrange advantage. I'm thinking I've got to get the hit on him and but good to even have a chance. He's running either stock or +1 rear gearing. I'm running a -1 front. Should I make a change? (for those new to the saga we're doing 2nd gear launches from about 65 mph through the top end). Suggestions? Give it up? Have I got a chance?

miykl is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 3109 Old 01-12-2005, 01:44 PM
BANNED
 
trikchop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: orlando, fl, usa
Posts: 856
Posting Frequency
 
from 65 mph try to hit it in first. nail your shift points, and if you get a better hit go over in his lane a little maby thatll break his concentration a lil.
i have -2 front and +1 rear. that seems to do pretty well.
trikchop is offline  
post #3 of 3109 Old 01-12-2005, 01:46 PM
Orange you glad I'm a whore?
 
jeech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Roswell, GA
Posts: 11,028
Posting Frequency
   
30 lbs is a big advantage for a 4 hp spread. not sure how that gearing difference will come into play.
jeech is offline  
 
post #4 of 3109 Old 01-12-2005, 01:54 PM
Post Whore
 
Frankyoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 5,042
Posting Frequency
Images: 2
 
I would go back to stock gearing if your starting out at 65. If it was from a dead stop that -1 up front would help more, but your not. This is tuff the 4hp isnt bad but the weight is a big diffrence. Swap back to a stock front and try to lose at least 10 pounds and I think you will have a realy good chance. You have the edge in the mid, but up top with the 16t and less hp your just going to slowly give up ground. I think the stock tooth will help give you back some much needed top end speed, especialy if he has geared down as well he might get the jump out front but with a little bit of road you should be able to make up ground.

Except for ending Slavery, Fascism, Nazism, and Communism WAR has never solved anything.
Frankyoz is offline  
post #5 of 3109 Old 01-12-2005, 01:59 PM Thread Starter
MIA Post Whore
 
miykl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Princeton, Tx --'Nawlins refugee
Posts: 8,727
Posting Frequency
Images: 1
          
Quote:
Originally Posted by trikchop
from 65 mph try to hit it in first. nail your shift points, and if you get a better hit go over in his lane a little maby thatll break his concentration a lil.
i have -2 front and +1 rear. that seems to do pretty well.
In first?? You've got to be kidding?!?!?! 2nd gear will loop it you twist too hard and fast!! -2, +1 = maybe for the 1/4 mile. We're running through to the top of sixth, WOT.

Nailing shift points is vital. Pesky makes consistant clean shifts every time. As for going over on him, that's plain dirty and dangerous AND he's good; he'd just draft me then really put an @ss whooping on me as he went by.
miykl is offline  
post #6 of 3109 Old 01-12-2005, 02:07 PM Thread Starter
MIA Post Whore
 
miykl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Princeton, Tx --'Nawlins refugee
Posts: 8,727
Posting Frequency
Images: 1
          
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankyoz
I would go back to stock gearing if your starting out at 65. If it was from a dead stop that -1 up front would help more, but your not. This is tuff the 4hp isnt bad but the weight is a big diffrence. Swap back to a stock front and try to lose at least 10 pounds and I think you will have a realy good chance. You have the edge in the mid, but up top with the 16t and less hp your just going to slowly give up ground. I think the stock tooth will help give you back some much needed top end speed, especialy if he has geared down as well he might get the jump out front but with a little bit of road you should be able to make up ground.
I think by the time I lose my wieght (hopefully end of Feb) I'll be needing a new chain. I'm going to go 17/40. I haven't decided on 520 conversion or not. I'll make that call last minute. Hoping to not hear any horror stories. When i change my chain, i'm going to get a lightened rear rotor. Hoping to help acceration. I may also order some low resistance wheel bearings. I researched the ceramics but they are too high maintenance on cost $$$$. Some quality low resistance bearings should free up some acceration. At this point I think I need to concentrate on efficiency instead of more HP. The $2k that a full system would cost (pipe and new map) would go a long way toward lighter rotors and such.
miykl is offline  
post #7 of 3109 Old 01-12-2005, 02:26 PM
Squid
 
dpwracing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 31
Posting Frequency
 
stuff a rag in one of his ram air intakes!

hp and weight disadvantage = not likely to win unless he makes a mistake. Some things to think about:
- degreeing the cams
- VP U4 (should be worth 4 - 5 hp)
- higher air pressure for less rolling resistance (assuming traction not an issue)
- make sure you're getting a good, tight tuck
- all the other standard mods (pipe, head gasket, pc, etc.)

Last edited by dpwracing; 01-12-2005 at 02:31 PM.
dpwracing is offline  
post #8 of 3109 Old 01-12-2005, 02:28 PM
Bloo Moderator
 
bluedevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: SAC,CA
Posts: 23,741
Posting Frequency
Images: 3
           
why not try the 520 conversion with a 180 tire, that should shave some weight and increase HP.
bluedevil is offline  
post #9 of 3109 Old 01-12-2005, 02:41 PM Thread Starter
MIA Post Whore
 
miykl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Princeton, Tx --'Nawlins refugee
Posts: 8,727
Posting Frequency
Images: 1
          
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevil
why not try the 520 conversion with a 180 tire, that should shave some weight and increase HP.
520 is a possibility. I will be going back to the 180 after I wear out my new 190 Pilot Power. The turn in feels dead compared to the 180 i was running b4. the lighter weight will be a bonus.
miykl is offline  
post #10 of 3109 Old 01-12-2005, 02:46 PM Thread Starter
MIA Post Whore
 
miykl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Princeton, Tx --'Nawlins refugee
Posts: 8,727
Posting Frequency
Images: 1
          
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpwracing
stuff a rag in one of his ram air intakes!

hp and weight disadvantage = not likely to win unless he makes a mistake. Some things to think about:
- degreeing the cams
- VP U4 (should be worth 4 - 5 hp)
- higher air pressure for less rolling resistance (assuming traction not an issue)
- make sure you're getting a good, tight tuck
- all the other standard mods (pipe, head gasket, pc, etc.)
Cam degree'n-- sooner or later

fuel -- not worth it too me. kinda like NOS in my book. Pump gas only

pressure-- these guys all run 40+ PSI just for that reason. I won't go over 34. I want to hit the turns after the straight lining.

tight tuck-- as tight as my budda belly lets!

pwr mods -- I think I'm done. i hope I'm done. my plastic prays I'm done!
miykl is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome