Help me beat Pesky! - Page 3 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 3109 Old 01-12-2005, 05:11 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by miykl
I will be going back to the 180 after I wear out my new 190 Pilot Power. The turn in feels dead compared to the 180 i was running b4. the lighter weight will be a bonus.
I went with a 180 Pilot Power after the D218's and can't say that I really enjoy it. I can't really tell the difference in turn-in since I only did one or two trackdays on the 218's, but I can definitely feel a difference in stability. The 180 makes the bike feel pretty unstable, like it's fighting for traction all the time. On the street it's ok, but coming out of turns on the track you really have to be careful (more than usual)... I did only one trackday on the Pilot Powers before deciding to never take that bike to the track with street tires again...

here are a couple of pics from that day....

David Nolden
CMRA #711
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 3109 Old 01-12-2005, 09:13 PM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

David, is that Cresson or TWS?

miykl, where is this guy getting a 30 lbs. advantage? You would have to weigh a good 50 lbs. more than him to negate the 10's 20 lbs. advantage.
post #23 of 3109 Old 01-12-2005, 09:40 PM
OG Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to stunnerific_harry
give him a octane booster filled with sugar right before the race and see who has the last laugh

post #24 of 3109 Old 01-13-2005, 01:02 AM Thread Starter
MIA Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy
miykl, where is this guy getting a 30 lbs. advantage? You would have to weigh a good 50 lbs. more than him to negate the 10's 20 lbs. advantage.
The 10 is 20 pounds lighter? He has a full system so I imagine some of that is gone (catalitic converter). But then, mine is gone too... Hmmmmmm

Bike is running great. I don't know if it's my imagination or not but it sounds fuggin awesome too. Snarling pissed off Rott. I need to swap bikes with Ballsup to see the difference. He and I tried to get some runs in tonight. The roads we were on were fugged up. Dips and crests that made the front end rise in a very butt clinching way. On our way back form the boobies (Mmmmmmm, boobies!), we got in one decent run into 4th. He gave me a thumbs up so I think I was pulling pretty good. Couldn't hear his comments. I do feel like the bike leaves much stronger.

Pesky was out tonight too. I told him about his status on the net. He liked that! Gotta give him his due. I was not considering the weight difference in the bikes. I may not need to lose as much as I thought! And If I do it may negate the HP deficeit. I may actually have a chance to beat him!! I'm gonna sleep well tonight!! LOL
post #25 of 3109 Old 01-13-2005, 08:53 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to crispin
Quote:
Originally Posted by miykl
In first?? You've got to be kidding?!?!?! 2nd gear will loop it you twist too hard and fast!! -2, +1 = maybe for the 1/4 mile. We're running through to the top of sixth, WOT.

Nailing shift points is vital. Pesky makes consistant clean shifts every time. As for going over on him, that's plain dirty and dangerous AND he's good; he'd just draft me then really put an @ss whooping on me as he went by.
Miykl,

I always do my 60 mph roll ons in first.

Get your weight on that tank.

From is going to lift about 12 - 18" but just hold on.

True enough you cant go WOT in first but you can get it almost there, then as soon as you shift into second go WOT!

ya ya ya...
post #26 of 3109 Old 01-13-2005, 09:14 AM
Orange you glad I'm a whore?

Posting Frequency

Stock gearing, my bike is running about 7K RPM at 65 in 2nd. This is right where it starts to hit hard on my bike. where are you with you're gearing at 65 in 2nd?
post #27 of 3109 Old 01-13-2005, 09:15 AM Thread Starter
MIA Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Crispin- what gearing are you running? I'm -1t cs. I could go back stock and launch out of first, but we are doing friendly races. We try to be as fair as possible and the race is from second.
post #28 of 3109 Old 01-13-2005, 09:49 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to BNninja
I guess the tool kit is already taken out?
The 180 rear tire is over 1lb lighter than a 190.
4hp=28lbs
Your bike was lighter than his, but his full system probably made them even because the udnertails pipes are heavy.
You need to beat him with hp or with weight, weight seems impossible.

"Bikes are like women: beat them like a whore, they can take it and you will like the moaning you hear."
post #29 of 3109 Old 01-13-2005, 10:10 AM Thread Starter
MIA Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeech
Stock gearing, my bike is running about 7K RPM at 65 in 2nd. This is right where it starts to hit hard on my bike. where are you with you're gearing at 65 in 2nd?
I like to launch between 7k and 7.5k I'm indicating between 65-70. Leads me to believe my speedhealer is not working. I should be indicating a lower mph than you at the same rpm due to the lower gearing.
post #30 of 3109 Old 01-13-2005, 10:11 AM
Orange you glad I'm a whore?

Posting Frequency

I did a quick check last night when I was riding home.. I remembered your post and i was a little curious... It held right at 6.8K @ 65 in 2nd.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.