Help me beat Pesky! - Page 2 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 3109 Old 01-12-2005, 02:54 PM
I really need to get out of the house
 
Big Daddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 34,537
Posting Frequency
Images: 38
           
Theres no doubt the 4hp advan pesky has is due to his full system VS your slip so when you meet this weekend get under the paint and use clutchless upshifts and may the best homo win.

BD

Those who stir the shit pot should have to lick the spoon.
Big Daddy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 3109 Old 01-12-2005, 03:01 PM Thread Starter
MIA Post Whore
 
miykl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Princeton, Tx --'Nawlins refugee
Posts: 8,727
Posting Frequency
Images: 1
          
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy
Theres no doubt the 4hp advan pesky has is due to his full system VS your slip so when you meet this weekend get under the paint and use clutchless upshifts and may the best homo win.

BD
We both use PC bar mount quick shifters. I've just got to get the best run I possibly can in.

Are Coonasses considered Homosapiens??
miykl is offline  
post #13 of 3109 Old 01-12-2005, 03:02 PM
I really need to get out of the house
 
Big Daddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 34,537
Posting Frequency
Images: 38
           
me

BD

Those who stir the shit pot should have to lick the spoon.
Big Daddy is offline  
 
post #14 of 3109 Old 01-12-2005, 03:23 PM
WSB Rider
 
magzx12r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Houston
Posts: 775
Posting Frequency
 
Do the 520 conversion with a hard anodized aluminum rear sprocket when it is time to replace the chain and sprockets (DID ERV2 chain and AFAM sprockets). This will save some rotating mass.

Make sure you are high up in the rev range when you guys take off.

A full exhaust will give you the few extra hp up top. Should be able to get a good exhaust and custom map for well below $2K. Plus you can sell your slip-on to get some of that money back.

Remove your mirrors or fold them in for the race to cut down on wind drag.

Don't fill up the gas tank before the race. Have enough gas for the race and ride home.

Do you have a double bubble which will help you with tucking out of the wind?

I am not sure how much weight you lose with the 180 tire. It is narrower than the 190, but it is also taller.

Mark
magzx12r is offline  
post #15 of 3109 Old 01-12-2005, 03:36 PM Thread Starter
MIA Post Whore
 
miykl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Princeton, Tx --'Nawlins refugee
Posts: 8,727
Posting Frequency
Images: 1
          
Quote:
Originally Posted by magzx12r
Do the 520 conversion with a hard anodized aluminum rear sprocket when it is time to replace the chain and sprockets (DID ERV2 chain and AFAM sprockets). This will save some rotating mass.

Make sure you are high up in the rev range when you guys take off.

A full exhaust will give you the few extra hp up top. Should be able to get a good exhaust and custom map for well below $2K. Plus you can sell your slip-on to get some of that money back.

Remove your mirrors or fold them in for the race to cut down on wind drag.

Don't fill up the gas tank before the race. Have enough gas for the race and ride home.

Do you have a double bubble which will help you with tucking out of the wind?

I am not sure how much weight you lose with the 180 tire. It is narrower than the 190, but it is also taller.
Full system = EvoII $1300 + $300 for custom map. not in the cards right now.

Mirrors are long gone (both of us)

Fuel = both running just enough to get to the next stop.

Double bouble = got one

180 rear = there is some weight difference not a whole lot though.

Thanks for the input guys. Keep 'em coming.

Front brake rotors. Full floaters give less rolling reisitance right? What are the disadvantages??
miykl is offline  
post #16 of 3109 Old 01-12-2005, 03:40 PM
I really need to get out of the house
 
Big Daddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 34,537
Posting Frequency
Images: 38
           
How about a remote control device so you don't have to hoist your butt dyno into the seat.

BD

Those who stir the shit pot should have to lick the spoon.
Big Daddy is offline  
post #17 of 3109 Old 01-12-2005, 03:56 PM Thread Starter
MIA Post Whore
 
miykl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Princeton, Tx --'Nawlins refugee
Posts: 8,727
Posting Frequency
Images: 1
          
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy
How about a remote control device so you don't have to hoist your butt dyno into the seat.

BD
The problem is more my Dino butt than my butt dyno!!
miykl is offline  
post #18 of 3109 Old 01-12-2005, 05:24 PM
Hillbillie Mod
 
hillcountry10r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 20,155
Posting Frequency
Images: 31
           
Send a message via Yahoo to hillcountry10r
Talking

change your front sproket back to stock.

add a link or two to your chain so the wheel base is longer.

START IN FIRST!! Not wackin it in first I think is better than kinda wacking it in second. YOull never get a jump in second. IMHO.

Tuck like crazy and be sure to pull your elbos in too!

As far as tire PSI. Id leave it how you have it. Higher Psi could be advantagous at higher speeds, but not as much traction at lower.
Make sure the tires warm.

Take everything out of your bike you can. About 30lbs of it.

2 days before dont eat anything but a bananna and water and take a lotta x-lax!

Good luck. Thats my .02

For every species of beasts and birds, of reptiles and creatures of the sea, is tamed and has been tamed by the human race. But no one can tame the tongue; it is a restless evil full of deadly poison.
James 3:7,8

hillcountry10r is offline  
post #19 of 3109 Old 01-12-2005, 05:26 PM
Hillbillie Mod
 
hillcountry10r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 20,155
Posting Frequency
Images: 31
           
Send a message via Yahoo to hillcountry10r
Talking

Oh and if you were to win cause Pesky missed a shift or whatever, thats not really winning.

Well it is I guess, but it wouldn't be as satisfying b/c youll have to race him another day.

For every species of beasts and birds, of reptiles and creatures of the sea, is tamed and has been tamed by the human race. But no one can tame the tongue; it is a restless evil full of deadly poison.
James 3:7,8

hillcountry10r is offline  
post #20 of 3109 Old 01-12-2005, 05:31 PM Thread Starter
MIA Post Whore
 
miykl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Princeton, Tx --'Nawlins refugee
Posts: 8,727
Posting Frequency
Images: 1
          
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillcountry10r
Take everything out of your bike you can. About 30lbs of it.

2 days before dont eat anything but a bananna and water and take a lotta x-lax!

Good luck. Thats my .02
Yup, everything is out. Guess I need to pull my sliders and all too. Last time I ran him I had my stock seat on. I put the Corbin back on last night. I really like it after riding the stock back to back.

Exlax and starvation just may be the key!!!
miykl is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome