R1 150 rear wheel. - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 01-11-2004, 05:11 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

R1 150 rear wheel.

For those of you who are a member of the R1-forum like big daddy and me, the first claimed dyno #'s of the 2004 R1 are out.

http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/showt...threadid=66171

150.7 stock at the rear seems a little underpowered compared to what we were all expecting. Thats like a 30 percent power loss from the crank to the rear wheel.... And it has somewhat a huge dip in the power range.

The thing about that is more odd is the fact that suzuki already has 153 rear wheel stock. That means that the suzuki GSXR1000 is lighter than the new r1 (In dry weight) and produces more horsepower. Assuming the dyno is real.

This looks good for kawasaki since we already know it has 84 ft pounds of torque, and has kawasaki VP's on the record as saying the 10R should put no less than 158 rear wheel horsepower up to 162. Now if thats true, in the superstock class that is going to give the 10R a gigantic advantage, especally if the power band is so smooth and flawless like the testers claim.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 01-11-2004, 08:18 PM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

Re: R1 150 rear wheel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDRacingZX6R
For those of you who are a member of the R1-forum like big daddy and me, the first claimed dyno #'s of the 2004 R1 are out.

This looks good for kawasaki since we already know it has 84 ft pounds of torque, and has kawasaki VP's on the record as saying the 10R should put no less than 158 rear wheel horsepower up to 162. Now if thats true, in the superstock class that is going to give the 10R a gigantic advantage, especally if the power band is so smooth and flawless like the testers claim.
Indeed!! :D

BD

Those who stir the shit pot should have to lick the spoon.
post #3 of 16 Old 01-11-2004, 08:32 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

going off the torque figures posted by kawasaki 84 lb/ft of torque at the peak at 11,500 would equate to 184 hp. we all know that maximum torque is made before maxium hp. If the kawasaki makes between 71-75 lb/ft of torque at the peak hp reading of 11,500 that would equate to 155-164 hp. I believe that kawasaki will be at the upper end of the spectrum. just call it a feeling.

post #4 of 16 Old 01-11-2004, 08:49 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

I cant see it! Get it and copy it over to here! We need to see it. Plus I need to harass some Yamaha peope on the sister site...
post #5 of 16 Old 01-11-2004, 09:29 PM

Posting Frequency

Hope this works......

excerpt from the R1 forum<<< Dyno chart is in pdf format( as stated in previous post) I got the from Skip at Orient Express- price is 1395 for full Ti system....order them up!!! pdf file wont download- Hp #'s are :150 at 12000 rpm stock and 160 at 12500rpm with Full Ti force pipe-At the bottom of the graph it has torque #'s but it looks like air/fuel #'s....

http://www.labusas.org/photopost/dat...z_700.jpg?1584
http://www.labusas.org/photopost/dat...z_700.jpg?5717

BD

post #6 of 16 Old 01-11-2004, 10:03 PM

Posting Frequency

Here a dyno chart.......

http://www.labusas.org/photopost/dat...r-med.jpg?8874

BD

post #7 of 16 Old 01-12-2004, 10:18 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

The thing is... I dont understand during the daytona testing the R1's did so well to the point of getting mad matt, well, "mad". The R1 was little more then stock and whipped pasted the reformed gixxer on the bank! I'm sure you guys saw the indicated top speed and lap times... The R1's looked good.

now with just 150 rear wheel....somethings off :roll:

Now it really really looks like the ZX might be King this year!

"Extreme...Life's too short not to be"

post #8 of 16 Old 01-12-2004, 10:40 AM

Posting Frequency

Joe,

Matt 'Whine me a river'was up to his usual tactics @ DIS testing and playing the political card so he can lobby for some rule changes, ie by not running 100% all the time, hence the R1's passed him which gets the Yammie contingent very aroused and gives them reason for some jaw-jackin if ya know what i mean.

BD

post #9 of 16 Old 01-12-2004, 11:30 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

true that big d, I know Matt likes to complain especially after the rule change for 04... Hes got a big mouth but hes funny that way, cause he can back that mouth up when he rides.... but even if he didnt give it 100% The R1 still went spit fast where lap times and top speed are concerned...

"Extreme...Life's too short not to be"

post #10 of 16 Old 01-12-2004, 11:38 AM

Posting Frequency

No doubt they did @ 184mph. :D

BD

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.