A production has arrived. - Page 2 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 29 Old 01-26-2004, 01:10 AM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy
Aside from the heaftier shift rod being used @ Homestead i haven't heard squat as to the exact culprit. My check book has hopes of it being cured with the actual production models..... :?

BD
I heard the detent spring was extremly stiff. To much for the setup. As of yet I know it was rumored to be delayed to fix it. We wont know until she's out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 29 Old 01-26-2004, 12:22 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

and now they claim that the alternator (you know the famous high speed alternator also used on the MotoGP bike) is causing the delay. At least that's what I heard when went down for my demo ride this saturday. The bike is not yet at my dealer but still at Kawasaki Motors Europe.
So it will be in coming saturday. And now it is freezing and will be slippery so no demo rides allowed. F*ck F*ck F*ck
post #13 of 29 Old 01-26-2004, 02:18 PM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgerkin
and now they claim that the alternator (you know the famous high speed alternator also used on the MotoGP bike) is causing the delay. At least that's what I heard when went down for my demo ride this saturday. The bike is not yet at my dealer but still at Kawasaki Motors Europe.
So it will be in coming saturday. And now it is freezing and will be slippery so no demo rides allowed. F*ck F*ck F*ck
So are we to understand your actual bike is arriving @ your dealer this coming Sat??

BD

Those who stir the shit pot should have to lick the spoon.

post #14 of 29 Old 01-26-2004, 03:10 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
I've heard nothing with alternator problems. Wouldn't surprise me if it had a few extra problems besides those with the tranny. It is a completely new bike. Though it sucks to be delayed, we should all be happy that they are taking the time to weed through the problems before they deliver it. Other dealers with less integrity might just through whatever they shit out into the public, while kawasaki is taking there time to make sure it's done right.

Not to mention kawasaki has a lot riding on this bike. It's there flag ship back into there original image, the best, fastest bikes alive. If this bike fails because of simple things like altenators, and overly stiff springs it will really hurt kawasaki for the long road.
post #15 of 29 Old 01-26-2004, 03:58 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDRacingZX6R
Quote:
I've heard nothing with alternator problems. Wouldn't surprise me if it had a few extra problems besides those with the tranny. It is a completely new bike. Though it sucks to be delayed, we should all be happy that they are taking the time to weed through the problems before they deliver it. Other dealers with less integrity might just through whatever they shit out into the public, while kawasaki is taking there time to make sure it's done right.

Not to mention kawasaki has a lot riding on this bike. It's there flag ship back into there original image, the best, fastest bikes alive. If this bike fails because of simple things like altenators, and overly stiff springs it will really hurt kawasaki for the long road.
I would have to agree with you... I might hold out till 05 to get this bike. I want a smooth, problem free bike to ride and not riddled with recalls. I guess if everything is sorted out by mid summer...I might be tempted.

"Extreme...Life's too short not to be"

post #16 of 29 Old 01-26-2004, 04:01 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Quote:
So are we to understand your actual bike is arriving @ your dealer this coming Sat??

BD
no my own bike will come on the boat, these demo bikes were flown in. If you wanted your ZX10R now you had to pay 500 Euro extra (about the price of an Ohlins steering damper so that is were my money is going ). But now because of the alternator problems the 500 extra is no longer needed.
So my dealer only gets one demo bike on saturday. Other dealers already had demo's, but they didn't get the ignition key :?: so they were just on display.
But hell it is already sure that it will be snowing the next couple of days so I can forget about a ride with the demo bike.

@ CDRacingZX6R
you're right, of course it is better to have it all fixed and I also think kawa will be sure they get their sums right, but it is still frustrating
post #17 of 29 Old 01-26-2004, 04:46 PM

Posting Frequency

So whats the word pertaining to your bike, 2 weeks? a month?

BD

post #18 of 29 Old 01-26-2004, 05:07 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
So whats the word pertaining to your bike, 2 weeks? a month?

BD
Big daddy just cant wait! getting est arrives overseas to get an eta on your bike in the states no doubt .... the superstock ZX's were running pretty good at daytona' tire test :shock:

"Extreme...Life's too short not to be"

post #19 of 29 Old 01-26-2004, 05:12 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

latest news from my dealer today is that the bike wont arrive untill the back end of Feb. with an on-the-road price of 9045.00 GBP (for any other brits out there) thats about $16,461 USD. though i'm sure you yanks wont be paying that much for the 10R.

we brits get ripped of to feck on new bike and cars.
post #20 of 29 Old 01-26-2004, 05:12 PM

Posting Frequency

Yeah they were, T Hayden went quicker in this test than back in Dec. J Hayes wasn't in attendance for this test.

BD

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.