OTD prices? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 Old 12-18-2003, 12:24 AM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

OTD prices?

Just wondering what kind of deals people are getting on the new 10R?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 Old 12-18-2003, 03:56 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

I live outside Austin,TX and the two nearest dealers to me say they will be sold for retail $10,999. Which sounds right because I have bought 4 new Kawasaki's since 1984 and have never bought one in this area.

I was board and surfing the net and went to Cycletrader.com and Oakland, Ca. says $9,999 and Stroudsburg, PA says $9,499.

So who knows? It's still early. :?
post #3 of 32 Old 12-18-2003, 09:25 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliider
I live outside Austin,TX and the two nearest dealers to me say they will be sold for retail $10,999. Which sounds right because I have bought 4 new Kawasaki's since 1984 and have never bought one in this area.

I was board and surfing the net and went to Cycletrader.com and Oakland, Ca. says $9,999 and Stroudsburg, PA says $9,499.

So who knows? It's still early. :?
Ya, interesting. I heard that Kawasaki dealer price is more expensive than the dealers expected and it's gonna hurt there OTD prices. Anyone else heard this?

post #4 of 32 Old 12-19-2003, 07:34 AM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Some dealers Ive called have presold 10 units at full retail already. If they were smart.. they'd keep one on the floor at some outrageous price...like $13500 or something to create more orders.
Once the first few get theirs and word gets out about how good or bad they are.. you'll see them everywhere..or not.
post #5 of 32 Old 12-20-2003, 03:42 PM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

Hi everyone, you to CD.. :D

Thought i'd register here to see what all the chatter's about with the zx10.

The one dealer i've contacted about price before ever receiving them quoted me 10,599.

BD
post #6 of 32 Old 12-20-2003, 08:30 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

I want to know which dealer gets the first bike?

I understood a small number of bikes were to be shipped to US dealers in late December. How late is late December? January?

Maybe this has changed?

I saw on the European Kawasaki site they are expecting bikes in late January and early Febuary.
post #7 of 32 Old 12-21-2003, 12:31 AM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy
Hi everyone, you to CD.. :D

Thought i'd register here to see what all the chatter's about with the zx10.

The one dealer i've contacted about price before ever receiving them quoted me 10,599.

BD
Hehe, traitor! J/k. That price is to much for me. I mean right now im on a waiting list for a new 04 R1, for 9600 OTD that includes shipping to my front door. I love both bikes, but i wills ay the 10R feels exactly like my 636 and that tempted me even more to go towards it. But Im more interested in handling. If the shoot outs say that the new R1 handles like ass, then Im probably going to go for the 10R. I dont know. I love the slipper clutch aspects, and the tiny aspects.
post #8 of 32 Old 12-21-2003, 12:44 AM

Posting Frequency

Yeah i don't care for it either but its still early yet. I've got another local dealer i haven't even tried yet so i'll see how that shakes out. I suspect the shifting probs they had @ Homestead will be remedied in time for the mass produced units.

BD

Those who stir the shit pot should have to lick the spoon.
post #9 of 32 Old 12-21-2003, 01:41 AM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy
Yeah i don't care for it either but its still early yet. I've got another local dealer i haven't even tried yet so i'll see how that shakes out. I suspect the shifting probs they had @ Homestead will be remedied in time for the mass produced units.

BD
Of course. These bikes were preproduction afterall. And as a Yamaha spokesman said something to the lines of the reason they dont let people test preproduction bikes, is because it isnt the bike the customer will end up getting in year 2004. So why waste the time? I think Kawasaki is just working to get the name out as fast as possible, this is there first superbike in a while so they probably have a lot riding on it's sucess. I can't wait to see the R1 and 10R production bikes shooting it out in feburary. It's going to be WW3.
post #10 of 32 Old 12-23-2003, 07:07 PM

Posting Frequency

Well i've been quoted $11,200 which includes 7.25% tx, $69 doc & title fee only. :)

BD

Those who stir the shit pot should have to lick the spoon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.