Just a word of warning for those that get posts/responses from members in the "Classifieds>Wanted" section saying THEY HAVE WHAT YOU WANT.
It is better to look at a members history by clicking on their username in a Thread they posted before or under a search for their username(must be logged-on the site to do a search) and see where they have been posting in the Wanted Section. Here are some signs that can bring up a FLAG and cautions to follow if you have doubts:
1. Does the member offering me a product or parts know I need it bad and have a history of having other products/parts that other members need bad or fast.
2. Has the member offering me a product/parts have a long history on this site?
3. Does the member have feedback on this site under his username called iTrader?
4. If I am spending a lot of money on a part does he have a good email address or willing to give me a phone # to call for more details?
5. Does the member have PayPal and Address Verified?
6. Did I check out if this member had any INFRACTIONS(Has most likely had a temp. BaN on this site) under his/her Username profile(mind you might not be related to sales though :headshake )
7. If someone is PM(Private Messaging) from your add in the Classified/Wanted section and has no history of any other sales it could be for a reason....be careful
8. Is the member you are buying from mentioned in this thread where other buyers/sellers gave bad experiences http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=112
ADDED Because a member got ripped off and never read this Sticky but a warning to all:
A member that had something to sell and just got his 25th post to sell on this site did. Problem was the buyer was actually warned by another member and he never took that advice. Also, the seller tried to sell before having 25posts ANOTHER WARNING. When the buyer asked for Pics he said it's all packaged up and can't...ANOTHER WARNING.....it's your Money and RISK but when you ask for help the most we as Mods can do is BAN them from selling on this site(unless proved otherwise it was a mistake) or Ban them entirely from zx-10r.net....which brings me to another point if we find out sellers scamming on this SITE YOU WILL BE BANNED FOREVER IP and ALL.
Added: Paying by Credit Card via PayPal will give you a Chance to Recover MONEY if a Seller does not ship or doesn't ship what was described. Some members have had trouble with Disputes recovering money taken out of their Bank account but when you pay with your Credit Card you have a better chance of getting a Refund with your Credit Card Company.
Added: The thing that has me concerned is that many times when a member that does Group sales they all of a sudden have a wreck on their bike, or go out of business or loose a job etc.
These are just a few and maybe adding others....be careful out there buying we try hard to stop unwanted sellers like making them have 25posts and 30days of membership but that is not a guarantee.:headshake
Good luck and this thread is not meant to scare anyone but just to be cautious or aware/warned, because for the most part we have great members here selling with great deals and don't forget the Sponsors here first to be on the safest side.