Some Buyer Tips!!! - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 Old 11-29-2007, 09:33 PM Thread Starter
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Some Buyer Tips!!!

Just a word of warning for those that get posts/responses from members in the "Classifieds>Wanted" section saying THEY HAVE WHAT YOU WANT.

It is better to look at a members history by clicking on their username in a Thread they posted before or under a search for their username(must be logged-on the site to do a search) and see where they have been posting in the Wanted Section. Here are some signs that can bring up a FLAG and cautions to follow if you have doubts:

1. Does the member offering me a product or parts know I need it bad and have a history of having other products/parts that other members need bad or fast.
2. Has the member offering me a product/parts have a long history on this site?
3. Does the member have feedback on this site under his username called iTrader?
4. If I am spending a lot of money on a part does he have a good email address or willing to give me a phone # to call for more details?
5. Does the member have PayPal and Address Verified?
6. Did I check out if this member had any INFRACTIONS(Has most likely had a temp. BaN on this site) under his/her Username profile(mind you might not be related to sales though :headshake )
7. If someone is PM(Private Messaging) from your add in the Classified/Wanted section and has no history of any other sales it could be for a reason....be careful
8. Is the member you are buying from mentioned in this thread where other buyers/sellers gave bad experiences http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=112

ADDED Because a member got ripped off and never read this Sticky but a warning to all:

A member that had something to sell and just got his 25th post to sell on this site did. Problem was the buyer was actually warned by another member and he never took that advice. Also, the seller tried to sell before having 25posts ANOTHER WARNING. When the buyer asked for Pics he said it's all packaged up and can't...ANOTHER WARNING.....it's your Money and RISK but when you ask for help the most we as Mods can do is BAN them from selling on this site(unless proved otherwise it was a mistake) or Ban them entirely from zx-10r.net....which brings me to another point if we find out sellers scamming on this SITE YOU WILL BE BANNED FOREVER IP and ALL.

Added: Paying by Credit Card via PayPal will give you a Chance to Recover MONEY if a Seller does not ship or doesn't ship what was described. Some members have had trouble with Disputes recovering money taken out of their Bank account but when you pay with your Credit Card you have a better chance of getting a Refund with your Credit Card Company.

Added: The thing that has me concerned is that many times when a member that does Group sales they all of a sudden have a wreck on their bike, or go out of business or loose a job etc.

These are just a few and maybe adding others....be careful out there buying we try hard to stop unwanted sellers like making them have 25posts and 30days of membership but that is not a guarantee.:headshake

Good luck and this thread is not meant to scare anyone but just to be cautious or aware/warned, because for the most part we have great members here selling with great deals and don't forget the Sponsors here first to be on the safest side.

Last edited by bluedevil; 10-15-2012 at 08:21 PM. Reason: spelling
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 11-23-2008, 09:48 PM Thread Starter
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Added in Red today something else...BEWARE..
bloo
post #3 of 18 Old 01-25-2011, 04:18 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to lump1
good lookin bluedevil i needed that (new to the site)

post #4 of 18 Old 02-13-2011, 04:48 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Thank you sir!!! I'm new...
post #5 of 18 Old 02-13-2011, 05:07 PM
Just trolling

Posting Frequency

When i sell/buy anything its 99% to people ive seen post on this bored only. If someone has 1 post or anything close dont risk it. Or get a phone number to be sure most scammers wont go that far to make a buck and risk it. Sold and bought plenty on here and all great experiences personally

Quote:
Originally Posted by scout View Post
I'd change the oil in that...and all the time.
Panigale 1199S
post #6 of 18 Old 02-13-2011, 05:22 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Thanks I'm trying to buy this forks and pay via paypal. FS: stock shock, forks, rotors and front brakes
post #7 of 18 Old 02-13-2011, 05:46 PM
Custom Powder Coater

Posting Frequency

Nice wright up bloo!!! Just wanted something a member had but he has no paypal or itrader which deterred me.from buying.....

www.sportbikepc.com
Sport Bike Powder Coating,LLC
Custom Powder Coating & Authorized Dealer for:
ASV Levers,Brocks Performance,Carrozzeria Wheels,Core Moto,EarthX Batteries,Metal Scorpio Wheels,Sato Racing,SuperSprox.. PM or sportbikepc@gmail.com for pricing..
post #8 of 18 Old 02-14-2011, 10:18 PM Thread Starter
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06blackpearl View Post
Nice wright up bloo!!! Just wanted something a member had but he has no paypal or itrader which deterred me.from buying.....
Well those are just a few things it's always a choice of confidence by a members history......for example if Member Tasos as I know buys from many members that has been here a loooong time and probably gives some of the best information on this site I would not hesitate to buy from him.....again this Sticky is for things to look out for but not a bible you must NOT buy from members just a guideline or to help with confidence or what to be aware of if your unsure.....again we have great sellers on this site even with little history so weigh it all if need be.

bloo
post #9 of 18 Old 12-22-2011, 01:09 AM Thread Starter
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

New Guidelines have been added for Feelers and Part out sales.

bloo
post #10 of 18 Old 02-06-2012, 06:31 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Good to know, just bought a bike with to much chrome, going to be looking for a lot of pieces
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.