Sellers PayPal Pricing Notice - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 61 Old 01-11-2015, 06:03 PM Thread Starter
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Sellers PayPal Pricing Notice

In the Interest of causing conflicts on this site if your a Seller you might want to rethink your pricing on this site. Why should a Buyer have to calculate something you are suppose to Pay for using PayPal. If you want the Fees back PayPal is charging you then adjust your prices to the Buyer.

Bluedevil

Sent from My Computer via DSL mid to low service Firefox updated version, sometimes wireless sometimes Wire from the garage depending on connection speed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 61 Old 01-11-2015, 06:12 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

I concur, agree, and am in accord

-Gen 3 2008 (Wrecked)
-2007 ZX-6R (Sold)
post #3 of 61 Old 01-11-2015, 06:24 PM Thread Starter
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delryde View Post
I concur, agree, and am in accord
PayPal Fees are for the Seller so they can Sell easier.

With that said I always add some $$ for fees, a little here and there for PayPal fees most likely because they are good guys and gave me a good deal in the first place.

What does bother me is Sellers posting Pay this and Don't forget to add PayPal Fees.....That is a Sellers responsibility not the BuyerS...If your the Seller and want PayPal Fees than add it yourself to your Total Costs don't put in on the Buyer to Calculate something what YOU REALY WANT. ...if you don't get the Fees what are you going to do?...complain to a Moderator?....I for one will not be on your side if you do.

Bloo

Sent from My Computer via DSL mid to low service Firefox updated version, sometimes wireless sometimes Wire from the garage depending on connection speed.

Last edited by bluedevil; 04-01-2016 at 02:54 AM.

post #4 of 61 Old 01-11-2015, 06:29 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Garage
No different then gas stations advertising gas 10 cents cheaper for cash , up charge for credit cards

No different with business charging extra if buyer using American express

It's the convenience of using that type payment , heck if this is the case maybe the buyer could send check or money order ???

No different when I went into probate court to pay for a weapons license and they charged me 4 bucks for me using a credit card

Every time I was the buyer
post #5 of 61 Old 01-11-2015, 06:35 PM Thread Starter
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech5 View Post
No different then gas stations advertising gas 10 cents cheaper for cash , up charge for credit cards

No different with business charging extra if buyer using American express

It's the convenience of using that type payment , heck if this is the case maybe the buyer could send check or money order ???

No different when I went into probate court to pay for a weapons license and they charged me 4 bucks for me using a credit card

Every time I was the buyer
I am Glad I finally bringing this subject up because I suspect many like you agree to Charge PayPal Fees to the buyer.

With that said I am not saying you can't, oh no you can be like the Gas Stations or whatever but am saying us Buyers Don't LIKE IT.

You want to be a Good Seller? put a price up with Fees in Mind don't put it on us Buyers to do your dirty work.

Bloo

post #6 of 61 Old 01-11-2015, 06:44 PM Thread Starter
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech5 View Post
This is exactly why your Paying 3% fees...no waiting for checks or Money orders and even Address verified at times by the buyer....ask any Gas station attendant if they get protection when selling.

Bloo

post #7 of 61 Old 01-11-2015, 06:54 PM Thread Starter
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Going to "Sticky" this Thread I want to hear from Buyers and Sellers how they feel about it too for awhile.

Bluedevil

post #8 of 61 Old 01-11-2015, 06:59 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
I agree. If the buyer pays the fee's they aren't protected if something bad happens. Sellers fault or not. Jack up the price JUST A BIT to cover the cost of the fee's That way everyone is happy and protected!
post #9 of 61 Old 01-11-2015, 07:22 PM Thread Starter
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowmoves View Post
I agree. If the buyer pays the fee's they aren't protected if something bad happens. Sellers fault or not. Jack up the price JUST A BIT to cover the cost of the fee's That way everyone is happy and protected!
Actually I have on this site a Sticky what to beware of from Sellers...this is different.

My first Flag is if a Seller is asking for PayPal fees than when you buy no matter the costs best to check out as Goods and services that member selling is watching his money and you need to watch yourself if something goes wrong. Goods and Services give the Buyer Protection if the product is not as advertised or never shows up.

Now say your buying some Mirrors for $20 dollars you can send as a Gift(I don't recommend it unless a freind) and NO fees will be against the seller but you loose your Protection with PayPal if something goes wrong.

Bottom Line lets take a stand if low cost Item help your member out and add some PayPal fees if High Costs make sure you Check out with PayPal as Goods and services so if your Item never shows up your covered.

The Guys selling on this site asking for PayPal fees make sure you always check out as Goods and services(not a Gift) so your insured not only in PayPal but if a problem on this site it's now verified if a Moderator gets involved.

Bottom line Not Even in EBAY do Sellers ask for PayPal fees to a buyer and we shouldn't ask on this site either.

Bloo

Last edited by bluedevil; 01-11-2015 at 07:56 PM.
post #10 of 61 Old 01-11-2015, 07:40 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

When I list an item, I list it at the net price I'd like to get for it. I price it competitively and I let the buyer chose if the PayPal fees a make or break for them. Their option.

I feel that jacking up the price to include the fee has the smell of deceitfulness. Why do that when you can be upfront and say "This is what I am looking for, either pay friends and family, or add paypal fees on top".

If I see a seller insisting on buyers checking out friends and family, I'll be suspicious. I've previously bought from sellers who wanted me to pay them friends and family, I said no, and I covered their paypal fees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scout View Post
So, I get a plus one for at least CHECKING the oil???!!!

oh, I did have to add distilled water to the reservoir as it was empty. Thought that odd as it was over full mark when brand new
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.