Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sellers PayPal Pricing Notice

24K views 60 replies 18 participants last post by  ls1leadfoot 
#1 ·
In the Interest of causing conflicts on this site if your a Seller you might want to rethink your pricing on this site. Why should a Buyer have to calculate something you are suppose to Pay for using PayPal. If you want the Fees back PayPal is charging you then adjust your prices to the Buyer. :idea::wink:

Bluedevil

#3 · (Edited)
PayPal Fees are for the Seller so they can Sell easier.

With that said I always add some $$ for fees, a little here and there for PayPal fees most likely because they are good guys and gave me a good deal in the first place.

What does bother me is Sellers posting Pay this and Don't forget to add PayPal Fees.....That is a Sellers responsibility not the BuyerS...If your the Seller and want PayPal Fees than add it yourself to your Total Costs don't put in on the Buyer to Calculate something what YOU REALY WANT. :headshake: ...if you don't get the Fees what are you going to do?...complain to a Moderator?....I for one will not be on your side if you do. :wink:

Bloo

#4 ·
No different then gas stations advertising gas 10 cents cheaper for cash , up charge for credit cards

No different with business charging extra if buyer using American express

It's the convenience of using that type payment , heck if this is the case maybe the buyer could send check or money order ???

No different when I went into probate court to pay for a weapons license and they charged me 4 bucks for me using a credit card

Every time I was the buyer

#5 ·
I am Glad I finally bringing this subject up because I suspect many like you agree to Charge PayPal Fees to the buyer.

With that said I am not saying you can't, oh no you can be like the Gas Stations or whatever but am saying us Buyers Don't LIKE IT. :headshake:

You want to be a Good Seller? put a price up with Fees in Mind don't put it on us Buyers to do your dirty work. :wink:

Bloo

#7 ·
Going to "Sticky" this Thread I want to hear from Buyers and Sellers how they feel about it too for awhile. :idea:

Bluedevil

#9 · (Edited)
Actually I have on this site a Sticky what to beware of from Sellers...this is different.

My first Flag is if a Seller is asking for PayPal fees than when you buy no matter the costs best to check out as Goods and services that member selling is watching his money and you need to watch yourself if something goes wrong. Goods and Services give the Buyer Protection if the product is not as advertised or never shows up.

Now say your buying some Mirrors for $20 dollars you can send as a Gift(I don't recommend it unless a freind) and NO fees will be against the seller but you loose your Protection with PayPal if something goes wrong.

Bottom Line lets take a stand if low cost Item help your member out and add some PayPal fees if High Costs make sure you Check out with PayPal as Goods and services so if your Item never shows up your covered.

The Guys selling on this site asking for PayPal fees make sure you always check out as Goods and services(not a Gift) so your insured not only in PayPal but if a problem on this site it's now verified if a Moderator gets involved.

Bottom line Not Even in EBAY do Sellers ask for PayPal fees to a buyer and we shouldn't ask on this site either. :wink:

Bloo

#10 ·
When I list an item, I list it at the net price I'd like to get for it. I price it competitively and I let the buyer chose if the PayPal fees a make or break for them. Their option.

I feel that jacking up the price to include the fee has the smell of deceitfulness. Why do that when you can be upfront and say "This is what I am looking for, either pay friends and family, or add paypal fees on top".

If I see a seller insisting on buyers checking out friends and family, I'll be suspicious. I've previously bought from sellers who wanted me to pay them friends and family, I said no, and I covered their paypal fees.

#12 ·
When I list an item, I list it at the net price I'd like to get for it. I price it competitively and I let the buyer chose if the PayPal fees a make or break for them. Their option.
Your one of the Reasons this thread was created....Don't F*ck around what is your price...can you can do Money orders, Check by mail or PayPal..If I don't want to do PayPal Pricing are you willing to wait for my money order?:heyyou:stop lying you are not willing to wait....I bet you don't mention anything other than PayPal if you sell....remember you are the seller there are many Sellers at times and buyers...if you have a High School degree I am sure you will be able to come to a PayPal price yourself...stop counting on the ones you need to do it for you just post a total price in the beginning:heyyou:.

#11 ·
I usually take the fee hit if I get asking price but if I get offered less I sometimes ask for them to send as a gift or or add fees. For low dollar items I don't mind using the gift option, as buyer or seller.

It's easier and less douchey to just price with fees in mind on your initial ad.

#13 ·
Exactly...you been a member here for awhile I know where you live. :lol:

If you were selling let's say something for $50 I may just send as a gift no fees to you and be done with it...someone I don't know as well I may do as Goods and services...bottom line don't make me calculate for you what you really want I will take care of the ones I buy from. :wink::wink:

Bloo

#19 ·
All....Look at all my Classified ADs from the past......If I ever asked for PayPal Fees I will give the member that finds it $100 ...of Course it will be through PayPal and will have to send as a Gift. :lol:

Bloo

#23 · (Edited)
Interested to see how this ends up

May want to add a poll and make a perminant difference since it would be voted on by members

This does sound bias as every fs add I have states to add 3% PayPal fee
I'm don't know how to feel, I don't feel unreasonable for asking as every part I've purchased from someone on this site, I've paid the PayPal fee either by it being stated on the add, or by being included in the price

#24 ·
Poll maybe a good Idea Maybe I will......In fact I had you in mind when I made this thread not personally as you know I just bought a High Price Item from you and even added PayPal fees but it reminded me in General that is not good practice for Sellers...not you personally but in General.

I hope one day we see in for Sale Threads no mention of PayPal and at the very least PayPal fees included. :wink:

Bloo

#25 ·
I guess I don't care either way, as long as its stated in the ad, and not mentioned after an agreement has been made. I recently and still do have an ad up, I mention no paypal fee's I always price my things with that in mind.

Now in a case like my last sale, I was made an offer $45 less than my asking price. I then messaged the buyer I would accept that offer only if sent without fee's. It was agree'd upon and a simple transaction.

I think its easier to just figure it into your pricing. However I do not mind if it isn't, as long as that it is stated in the for sale ad that the extra falls to the buyer. Don't accept my offer and then hit me with it, that will result in a lost sale.

#27 ·
I'm pretty sure the fee is 3.9%, I agree with Blue though, as a seller you should put the full price you are expecting down. Everything can be figured out online nowadays, shipping cost, PayPal fees and anything else... My recent add I asked people to calculate the PayPal fees, but that is only due to the fact that I never realized their were any PayPal fees. I actually changed my add up a little but I did forget to remove that part..

#28 ·
I agree with Bloo and adding the fee to the price. If you say your bottom number is $100, but add fees, then really your bottom number is $104. Not much different I know, but your bottom number is not your bottom number if you add more to it. It's like all those damn infomercials where you can buy the item for $5, just add $45 for p/h. Just give me the price up front, and we'll go from there.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#39 ·
Here's a Funny one.....Free Shipping!!!! Just Pay my PayPal Fees!!! :spit::helmet:

#36 ·
I do the gift thing, if it's a trust issue then I don't need it. I trailered a members bike from Birmingham to Mississippi for a member on here "HOOCH". He never met me but I helped him out for just the gas money. With PayPal you're paying for the "I do not trust this person" fee.

#37 · (Edited)
I agree 95% here. Most of us generally have a trusting nature for each other here in this community, which I think is good. A few people have been burned, which sucks. But I think most of us have had a good experience with it. I'm glad we have people like you. It makes our forum that much better :thumbup:.

That being said I think with higher dollar items paying the the PayPal fee can be negotiated without being offended since it serves like more of an insurance policy for the buyer.

#41 ·
Like most business owners today I have customers that want to use PayPal and I use PayPal myself in certain instances where I desire their protection from what I may think is a possible risky seller.

What I tell my customers (UP FRONT) that want to pay me with PayPal is I will add 4% to the price to cover the charges. I see some people use 3% as the number but truthfully I haven't ever been able to figure out exactly what they're charging as it seems to change depending on the dollar amount so I use a flat 4% and no questions ask. If I'm buying from someone and I use PayPal I pay the fee to them no questions ask. If it's someone I feel safe with or that I've done business with before I feel safe gifting them the funds. Because I'm a business owner that understands what it feels like to get stung by PayPal on their fees I'm always willing to pay the fees when it's my place to do so. There's nothing worse than giving a guy a deal on a part only to end up losing more money because they hung you with the PayPal fees to.. Guys we got to pay if we want to play.. Part of life

#42 · (Edited)
Let me be Clear on Something this Forum is NOT for A BUSINESS or For Sales This SITE MAKES NO MONEY IF YOU SELL!

In Fact I think I have over the last 10yrs been the Only Moderator that sticks up for the Classified ADs as it doesn't relate to the Forum so most don't care in the Administration unless there is out right Fraud they say it's "Buyer Beware" and that's true but I do what I can like Threads/Posts like this one. :wink:

So if your a Seller or Buyer do not take this Thread Wrong I am on your side just trying to help to make this better for both Parties. :wink:

Bloo

#46 ·
Just to play Devils advocate.

If a seller offers options on payment, then could they not say "the item is 100.00. If you the buyer chooses to pay with PayPal then the associated fees of that translation are your responsibility"

It is for the buyers convenience and protection.

Or you could have 2 separate prices as a seller.

"100.00 for this item if paid by Email money transfer or 103.00 if you pay with PayPal"

Once again just looking at both sides of the discussion.

#47 ·
If we want to play Devils advocate then why does PayPal themselves consider it a "Sellers" Responsibility for the Fees?

If the sellers has responsibilities for Fees than take the responsibility for the proper pricing.....if your trying to add Fees to the buyers than your not taking responsibility for using PayPal.

PayPal is backing the Buyers as well for FREE for using their service and the Sellers have to Pay for their Service to transfer Buyers Money.

If Buyers had to do a Fee I would expect there would be another Company emerge to take their place and PayPal probably knows that. :idea:

Bottom line lets get to the root here....This site chargers NO FEES to SELL on this site.

You Get hundreds of ZX10R Members in ONE Place to Sell

Seller is now avoiding EBAY FEES

Sellers now can avoid EBAY FEEs and Demanding PAYPAL FEES.

We all win in the end we have great sellers just letting the Sellers know us Buyers know what your getting away with and that's easier selling, not having to deal with Ebay and now your trying to pass your PayPal fees on to us buyers. :wink: ....if you sellers have that much of a problem with it maybe I recommend to management we charge Seller Fees on this site...how does that sound?......thought so. :wink:

Bloo

#49 ·
You can recommend all you want to charge sellers on this site , you act like this is the only motorcycle site that doesn't charge

I am current on 7 other sites and all don't charge anything
The advertising , and sponsors pay the site

Stop beating a dead horse , you act like people are selling as a business making profits and gaining just on this site to sell things to make a living

Most people just sell on here to get rid of few parts they don't need

It's really not that serious , it's buyer and sellers to agree to what ever same as with price
It's all what two parties agree , if you don't like because I said add fees don't buy from me
Or be a man and negotiate with me

That simple

#50 · (Edited)
Stop beating a dead horse , you act like people are selling as a business making profits and gaining just on this site to sell things to make a living

Most people just sell on here to get rid of few parts they don't need

It's really not that serious , it's buyer and sellers to agree to what ever same as with price
It's all what two parties agree , if you don't like because I said add fees don't buy from me
Or be a man and negotiate with me

That simple
I get it I hit a nerve with you so be it......you also don't read right like Gunner I already said ask many members including some in this thread that asked for PayPal fees no sweat off my back If I don't like the price I won't buy it but Fees were not a stopping point....That simple :heyyou: Then again I guess it's simple for you to let the buyer do your fees for you. :rolleyes:

Continue what your doing asking members to pay your Fees or a Gift

To the ones that get it........ Please....I highly Recommend like in my other Sticky DO NOT SEND GIFT MONEY.....If something goes wrong Paypal will not back you!!!

Bloo

#51 ·
Agree with OP. It's best to just add the PayPal fee's to your total. Why complicate things for your buyer? Make it easy, safe (with buyer protection), and professional.
I've never had any issues selling like this. I also tend to price things very aggressively anyway to get them sold quickly, so the added fee's don't really hurt the buyer interest.

#53 ·
Although i do get what you trying to say Stealth, I differ in opinion with you. Nothing is being complicated.

Buyer: I'm interested in buying your item for sale. I see your asking for money sent as gift. Not comfortable sending you as gift but I will cover your PayPal fees. Let me know what I owe you.
Seller: Great, your total would be $XX which includes 4% paypal fees. Send payment to blah blah blah

Buyer can accept, counter, or reject.

#54 ·
Although i do get what you trying to say Stealth, I differ in opinion with you. Nothing is being complicated.

Buyer: I'm interested in buying your item for sale. I see your asking for money sent as gift. Not comfortable sending you as gift but I will cover your PayPal fees. Let me know what I owe you.
Seller: Great, your total would be which includes 4% paypal fees. Send payment to blah blah blah

Buyer can accept, counter, or reject.
How about this situation....Buyer AboX is selling the Same Part as Seller AboY and both have the same trust on this site and Same Price and Condition Item.......But Seller AboX wants me to Pay his Seller Fees on PayPal.......Guess who I am going to trust the most for a fast and easy transaction?

Yep....someone that goes as far as PayPal fees to the buyer I will pass AND Buy from AboY, seems to know his responsibilities and not being so anal if you will about Fees....that can have a significant impact on who I choose to buy from not for the money but how the Seller THINKS ABOUT SELLING on this Site. :wink:

BLOO

#55 ·
^^ PERSONAL preference.

Smart buyers on this forum will recognize that the reason a seller is asking for fees is that he's took enough of a loss to not be willing to eat any further loss. Buyers choice; is the item at the price + fees worth it or not.

#56 ·
Not a problem....this Thread was only to Open SOME Eyes or Knowledge on This Subject as it never came up before, do what you like and carry on, same for Tech5...Gunner is another issue he has infractions on this site from a Few Moderators so pay no attention most likely just trying to get back at me :lol::dontknow:

I believe the Thread has run it's course most of the Feedback has already come in from both sides. :thumbsup: I will keep the Sticky for awhile and see how it helps or doesn't.

Thanks for your Feedback though Abo7maid it does help to see both sides. :eek:ccasion1

Bloo

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.