Sellers PayPal Pricing Notice - Page 3 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 61 Old 01-11-2015, 09:11 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abo7maid View Post
Easier and less douchey? So, if you are willing to take $10 for something, jacking it up to cover your fee and make the buyer pay more when they could have been OK paying friends and family and saving $$ is less douchey?

No wonder why I never liked you.
You never liked me because I made fun of you for lyng about getting sponsors for trackdays, don't get it confused.

Like you, I have yet to have someone offer me a money order. With that in mind, I set the price with fees in mind. That's not shady, that's business. What you want for an item + the cost of sale = final price
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 61 Old 01-11-2015, 09:34 PM Thread Starter
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abo7maid View Post
Do you really feel the need to add insult to get your point through?

Its easy. You don't have to do the math, let the calculator do it for you. Take the price and multiply by 1.04. Alternatively, you may simply tell the seller "How much do I owe you"
Not Trying to insult in fact if you feel there is an Insult while trying to sell it should tell you that your doing something wrong in the first place.

Again, why should members have to multiply anything when trying to buy?? they are not here for a Math lesson but just here to buy and help you Sellers out nothing more.

PS...thanks for the Math lesson no wonder my grades were down at Cal Poly as an Aerospace Engineer.

Bloo

Sent from My Computer via DSL mid to low service Firefox updated version, sometimes wireless sometimes Wire from the garage depending on connection speed.
post #23 of 61 Old 01-11-2015, 09:40 PM
back to car scene

Posting Frequency

Interested to see how this ends up

May want to add a poll and make a perminant difference since it would be voted on by members

This does sound bias as every fs add I have states to add 3% PayPal fee
I'm don't know how to feel, I don't feel unreasonable for asking as every part I've purchased from someone on this site, I've paid the PayPal fee either by it being stated on the add, or by being included in the price

Last edited by ls1leadfoot; 01-11-2015 at 09:56 PM.

post #24 of 61 Old 01-11-2015, 10:18 PM Thread Starter
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls1leadfoot View Post
Interested to see how this ends up

May want to add a poll and make a perminant difference since it would be voted on by members

This does sound bias as every fs add I have states to add 3% PayPal fee
I'm don't know how to feel, I don't feel unreasonable for asking as every part I've purchased from someone on this site, I've paid the PayPal fee either by it being stated on the add, or by being included in the price
Poll maybe a good Idea Maybe I will......In fact I had you in mind when I made this thread not personally as you know I just bought a High Price Item from you and even added PayPal fees but it reminded me in General that is not good practice for Sellers...not you personally but in General.

I hope one day we see in for Sale Threads no mention of PayPal and at the very least PayPal fees included.

Bloo

Sent from My Computer via DSL mid to low service Firefox updated version, sometimes wireless sometimes Wire from the garage depending on connection speed.
post #25 of 61 Old 01-11-2015, 11:19 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

I guess I don't care either way, as long as its stated in the ad, and not mentioned after an agreement has been made. I recently and still do have an ad up, I mention no paypal fee's I always price my things with that in mind.

Now in a case like my last sale, I was made an offer $45 less than my asking price. I then messaged the buyer I would accept that offer only if sent without fee's. It was agree'd upon and a simple transaction.

I think its easier to just figure it into your pricing. However I do not mind if it isn't, as long as that it is stated in the for sale ad that the extra falls to the buyer. Don't accept my offer and then hit me with it, that will result in a lost sale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Op- View Post
Unless Scout says dont do it. Then, really, just do it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by or10r View Post
I know its blistering fast but you cant outrun ugly.
post #26 of 61 Old 01-11-2015, 11:21 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Actually the paypal fee is only 3% with a 50 cent transaction fee....not 4%...unless something changed recently. I never ask the buyer to pay that fee. I consider it part of doing business with paypal.

post #27 of 61 Old 01-12-2015, 04:20 AM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

I'm pretty sure the fee is 3.9%, I agree with Blue though, as a seller you should put the full price you are expecting down. Everything can be figured out online nowadays, shipping cost, PayPal fees and anything else... My recent add I asked people to calculate the PayPal fees, but that is only due to the fact that I never realized their were any PayPal fees. I actually changed my add up a little but I did forget to remove that part..
post #28 of 61 Old 01-12-2015, 06:11 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

I agree with Bloo and adding the fee to the price. If you say your bottom number is $100, but add fees, then really your bottom number is $104. Not much different I know, but your bottom number is not your bottom number if you add more to it. It's like all those damn infomercials where you can buy the item for $5, just add $45 for p/h. Just give me the price up front, and we'll go from there.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
post #29 of 61 Old 01-12-2015, 08:54 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevil View Post
Not Trying to insult in fact if you feel there is an Insult while trying to sell it should tell you that your doing something wrong in the first place.

Bloo
You missed the point Bloo. I was not insulted, however, when you say "maybe your not smart enough to...." indicates your running out of grounds for arguing your point, so you resort to putting down your audience for not being quite as smart as you. Your argument weakens. So, I asked, did you really feel the need to add insult to your argument to get your point through? not cool to imply I was doing something wrong.

Anyhow, I'm not going to argue the point any further. If a new rule is born out of this discussion, I'll respect it. Otherwise, a personal preference. We're each entitled to a personal preference

Quote:
Originally Posted by scout View Post
So, I get a plus one for at least CHECKING the oil???!!!

oh, I did have to add distilled water to the reservoir as it was empty. Thought that odd as it was over full mark when brand new
post #30 of 61 Old 01-12-2015, 04:31 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Garage
If you don't like price nor PayPal fees or gift
Don't but from them

Move on

We have more things to worry about , like what kind oil is best for my bike

Lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.