Gen 4 For Sale BST Carbon Fiber Wheels - Page 2 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 20 Old 10-13-2017, 02:11 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Bump for sale and a question:

Is there any way to mount these to a gen 3 (ie anyone that makes spacers or whatever else might be necessary)? BST won't do it which already makes me wary, but I've seen at least 1 crazy wheel mod in my past so if I can get it done I'll consider these. I've searched the forum for 30 plus minutes but only found gen 3 to gen 4 mods.

If nothing else, good luck with your sale!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 Old 10-13-2017, 08:49 AM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerman7502002 View Post

Is there any way to mount these to a gen 3 (ie anyone that makes spacers or whatever else might be necessary)? BST won't do it which already makes me wary, but I've seen at least 1 crazy wheel mod in my past so if I can get it done I'll consider these. I've searched the forum for 30 plus minutes but only found gen 3 to gen 4 mods.

I'm not sure if that can be done.
thanks for the bump.

It's better to shut up and appear stupid than open your mouth and remove all doubt.
post #13 of 20 Old 10-13-2017, 10:24 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerman7502002 View Post

I've got a gen 4 and have 3 sets of wheels, gen 4 BST's, gen 3 stock wheels and gen 4 stock wheels. What I can tell you is the front wheel will bolt straight up to your bike with the correct diameter rotors. FYI - any wheel between 2005 and 2015 can be interchanged without issue, just configure correct diameter rotors wheel speed sensors etc for your bike.

The rear wheel will not bolt straight up as the gen 4 axle is a larger diameter than the gen 3, so to make the rear fit there will need to be some wheel spacer customizing to accommodate the smaller diameter gun 3 axle and a collar to fit in-between.

Here's a couple of options to get the rear wheel to fit

The wheel spacers in the BST's are captive, if you want to make a gen 4 BST wheel fit your gun 3, a machine shop could make you a modified set of captive wheel spacers and collar. Before manufacture recommended validating spacing of wheel, rotor, and caliper mount to ensure correct fitment.

An alternative method for rear wheel fitment if the spacing is correct, would be to have some sleeves made to fit the existing BST wheel spacers and collar to accommodate the smaller diameter gen 3 axle.
kawboy69 and bikerman7502002 like this.

post #14 of 20 Old 10-25-2017, 08:32 AM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

It's better to shut up and appear stupid than open your mouth and remove all doubt.
post #15 of 20 Old 10-25-2017, 03:20 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

$2,400 is a good deal and these wheels transform the bike. Like adding 20 hp... braking, side to side, acceleration, incredible upgrade.
kawboy69 likes this.
post #16 of 20 Old 10-29-2017, 08:29 AM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

bump

post #17 of 20 Old 10-29-2017, 11:54 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Man Iíve been thinking about a set of the gass wheels from oz, but this is making it tough... can you email me some additional pics. Jfuggint@gmail.com
kawboy69 likes this.

Mod list: GP 25mm front cartridge kit / JRi piggyback triple shock / attack rear link / Brembo RCS / Galfer SBK lines / Austin Racing GP2r / BMC Race Filter / Yosh Case Savers / Vortex Clip ons / Vortex Rear sets / Vortex Keyless Gas Cap / Lighttech Chain adjusters w/ Fast Frank Quick change / AIM solo DL data logger / motion pro throttle / KIT ecu & Harness / Moto XP Ricambi Bodywork / Puig Double Bubble /
post #18 of 20 Old 10-30-2017, 09:07 AM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_fuggin_t View Post
Man Iíve been thinking about a set of the gass wheels from oz, but this is making it tough... can you email me some additional pics. Jfuggint@gmail.com
I will send you some additional pics this evening when i get home.
J_fuggin_t likes this.

post #19 of 20 Old 11-03-2017, 10:16 AM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Bump

post #20 of 20 Old 11-09-2017, 09:33 AM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Wheels have been SOLD...
J_fuggin_t likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.