Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Gen 4 front wheel to Gen 5 kit

Gen 5: 2016-20 
17K views 48 replies 18 participants last post by  Jtruong08 
#1 ·
I have a friend who has machined parts of my racebike. He has made some kits to retrofit the Gen 4 front wheel to the Gen 5 bike. Here is some information from him. I am currently using these on my Gen 5 racebike and they are fantastic.

Below is his info:

In order to use 2011 to 2015 wheels on the 2016 bike, you need to space the rotors out slightly, and also use 2016 wheel spacers. Once you've done this, 2011-2015 wheels are a straight bolt on.

It will likely be much easier to find 2011-2015 wheels than 2016s as spares, so I have built 10 sets of rotor spacers specifically for this.

I have also built captive spacers for the 2016 wheels and 2011-2015 wheels for fitment on the 2016 bike. these captive spacers will NOT work on the 2011-2015 bike.

The rotor spacers can be seen here.

and here are the captive wheel spacers

Prices are as follows

The rotor spacers are 50 USD per pair shipped anywhere in Canada and the USA

To fit your 2011-2015 wheels to the 2016, you ONLY need these rotor spacers and the stock wheel spacers from your 2016 bike. if you don't want to swap spacers between wheels, you can either purchase a set of stock 2016 spacers from the dealer, or purchase a set of captive spacers from me.

The captive wheels spacers are 40 USD per pair shipped anywhere in Canada and the USA

These are captive spacers for the 2016. They can be used in 2011-2015 wheels when fitting the wheels to a 2016 bike.

The rotor spacers and captive spacers combined in a kit are 80 USD shipped anywhere in Canada and the USA

If you are interested in either rotor spacers, captive spacers, or both, please send an email to wibbly@hotmail.com to arrange for the purchase.

Thanks

See less See more
#9 ·
The 2016 hub is wider by this much aluminum. And so your additional weight (though insignificant) would equal a similar amount as the 2016 wheel increase.

This isn't something I am going to concern myself with. My guess is that both might weigh 0.25 lbs?

#12 ·
The only thing that bugs me a bit is that the rotors themselves are not fit over the wheel hub grooves and only the bolts are holding the rotor from moving. That's probably not a huge deal. To be honest I leave a set of rains mounted on my spare set so I don't use them often and would only use them in a rain race. I guess bottom line is I'll take a set of spacers. :) The rear wheel is the same correct? EDIT: I also just remembered I'll need to get a set of rotors as well, or move the rotors over from my other wheel if I need to swap them.

#22 ·
I would liker to get a set of the spacers as well please. If you can contract me at faxmrazer6211@gmail.com and give me the proper information to get these things ordered and on the road. I am dying to get rid of these 3 spokes and get these 8 spoke galespeeds on there. The 3's have been cramping my style for to long now. I have a new set of rubber in a 200/50/17 going on and I want to mount them on the other set of wheels.
Thanks,
Max

#48 ·
I also have the oz wheels from gen 4 that I want to run on the gen 5. Did this work? I measured the wheel spacers and I don't think it will
[/QUOTE
I also have the oz wheels from gen 4 that I want to run on the gen 5. Did this work? I measured the wheel spacers and I don't think it will
what did u end up doing with the front wheel? Custom wheel spacer?

#29 · (Edited)
i just fitted my 4th gen Marchesini front wheel to my 5th gen setup. I used Evol Technology 5mm spacers for the rotors and had Colt from 39NRacing make me customs wheel spacers (added 5mm) if you want shoot me a pm and can text you pics of everything.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.