Gen 4: 2011-2015 Crankshaft - Page 2 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 17 Old 10-05-2015, 12:38 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

im high jacking the thread, SkyDork do APE make stroker cranks as well buddy? i got no answer from an e/mail enquiry.

192MPH stock engined 2008
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 Old 10-05-2015, 01:54 PM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael4012 View Post
im high jacking the thread, SkyDork do APE make stroker cranks as well buddy? i got no answer from an e/mail enquiry.
Yeah, I think they do. They don't sell new stroker cranks specifically that I'm aware of, but they can modify yours into a stroker. At least according to their website. I had to give them a call to talk with the sales guy about the services they provide. I'd keep trying them back on the phone. When I talked with Pat out there, he was very knowledgeable and answered all my questions about the services they offer. The only problem with them is the turn-around time. They are very busy and I'm looking at 10 weeks to get the crank back. If you're thinking about something like that as a winter project, I'd get it shipped off to them sooner rather than later. Just an FYI.

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.
#WordCrimes

post #13 of 17 Old 10-05-2015, 02:46 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDork View Post
Yeah, I think they do. They don't sell new stroker cranks specifically that I'm aware of, but they can modify yours into a stroker. At least according to their website. I had to give them a call to talk with the sales guy about the services they provide. I'd keep trying them back on the phone. When I talked with Pat out there, he was very knowledgeable and answered all my questions about the services they offer. The only problem with them is the turn-around time. They are very busy and I'm looking at 10 weeks to get the crank back. If you're thinking about something like that as a winter project, I'd get it shipped off to them sooner rather than later. Just an FYI.
thank you i will call him and see what he says.

192MPH stock engined 2008

post #14 of 17 Old 10-20-2015, 01:14 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Um, it's a very relevant question. How do you not see that? And I'm not "trolling" your thread for "personal nosiness". I was generally interested in a possible purchase of the crank. Seeing as how I just spun a rod bearing and fucked up mine, this seemed like a possibly good purchase to get my bike repaired and back on the road.

But since you can't even answer a simple RELEVANT question regarding the condition of the motor it came out of, you're only hurting yourself and your sale here. Why is the crank out of the bike? Was it wrecked and this is the only salvageable part? Did the chain come off and put a hole in the casing? Did the motor drop a valve? Did it burn a piston? Did it spin a bearing? Was it using race gas, nitrous, etc? People don't come on here and post a for-sale ad with just a crankshaft that has been taken out of a perfectly good motor. The motor would be worth more as a complete running package. So the question as to why it was out of the motor would be a valid, relevant question to help make an informed decision about purchasing your part. The crankshaft could be bent, scored, etc from any of the above scenarios. I was asking to figure out why you were selling it and what the condition of it was. My bearing spun just off idle and ruined one crank journal, a connecting rod, oil pump, and possibly bent the crank. I don't give a shit about having your machinist check it, or the fact that you say "it's fine", or the fact that there's some remote possibility that PayPal would side with me as a buyer and "light your ass up" if I could prove you sold me a bad part weeks from now after it's in the bike and knocking. Get real dude.

If you can't even be straight-forward and answer a simple without being evasive or spending more time typing a diatribe about why you don't have to answer the question and it's relevance, then you're just showing your ass as a poor seller. It's been over a month since you posted this ad and I asked the question. And there's still no freakin' answer to my very relevant question. I was posting the question as a buyer, not as some unprofessional Moderator cluttering up your post. But, um, so how do I say this.....I won't be buying it from you at this point. I think it's shady and you're not someone I'd feel comfortable buying from.

BTW, my crank is at American Performance Engineering (APE) getting the number 1 journal repaired and the crank nitrided, lighted, and balanced instead of buying this one since you couldn't answer my question in a timely manner. Glad I went that route.

GLWS
wow.. your were still talking?!? thanks for the good luck it sold! but seriously man they probably have your pic up on wiki next to the definition of troll.. you had no interest in purchasing my crank as i said before you only wished to ridicule and criticize my post which i'm now somewhat grateful for.. being it sold, i fear due to your many unnecessary updates i feel i'm indebted to you.. wanna shoot me your paypal so i can submit a finders fee since you did all the work?!?

post #15 of 17 Old 10-20-2015, 01:32 PM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 504boy View Post
wow.. your were still talking?!? thanks for the good luck it sold! but seriously man they probably have your pic up on wiki next to the definition of troll.. you had no interest in purchasing my crank as i said before you only wished to ridicule and criticize my post which i'm now somewhat grateful for.. being it sold, i fear due to your many unnecessary updates i feel i'm indebted to you.. wanna shoot me your paypal so i can submit a finders fee since you did all the work?!?

I'm glad it sold. Congrats.

As for me trolling your thread, I can assure you that's not the case. I was trying to make an informed decision about whether or not to buy your part to get my ride fixed quicker than waiting for the repair. Here's the pics of my crank to prove it. Mine's effed up. I could've very easily have closed, locked, or deleted this thread if I was trolling you. But I don't play those games. I was generally interested in possibly purchasing it as I have from other members on this site. So if you go to Wikipedia and see my picture, it's not for trolling.

A Squids Life likes this.

#WordCrimes

post #16 of 17 Old 10-20-2015, 01:54 PM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

Quote:
I'm glad it sold. Congrats.

As for me trolling your thread, I can assure you that's not the case. I was trying to make an informed decision about whether or not to buy your part to get my ride fixed quicker than waiting for the repair. Here's the pics of my crank to prove it. Mine's effed up. I could've very easily have closed, locked, or deleted this thread if I was trolling you. But I don't play those games. I was generally interested in possibly purchasing it as I have from other members on this site. So if you go to Wikipedia and see my picture, it's not for trolling.
thats kinda fubared me thinks.
post #17 of 17 Old 10-20-2015, 07:16 PM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy View Post
thats kinda fubared me thinks.

Yes. Yes it is.

#WordCrimes

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.