We Remember... - Page 2 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 18 Old 06-07-2016, 10:59 AM
Platinum Site Sponsor

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifleman View Post
My grandfather, made it through WWII. Passed some 30 years ago when I was in high school.

I am sure he was a great man, my grandfather was in the Navy in WWII and made it through as well. Sadly he died at just the age of 72 from a brain aneurysm, this post reminded me of him. He died back in June of 1993. To all that have served and are serving we can't thank you enough.
mr_honez likes this.

Call TJ at 866-931-6644 ext 817. Our business hours are Monday-Friday 9:30AM-6PM EST. Visit our website at Riders Discount.

Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 Old 06-07-2016, 11:13 AM
Judge Dredd Mod

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridersdiscount View Post
I am sure he was a great man, my grandfather was in the Navy in WWII and made it through as well. Sadly he died at just the age of 72 from a brain aneurysm, this post reminded me of him. He died back in June of 1993. To all that have served and are serving we can't thank you enough.
Hear! Hear!

BURNOUT.....
Attitudes are contagious. Mine might kill you.
post #13 of 18 Old 06-07-2016, 06:07 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by scout View Post
Ruling ideologies take precedence.
You watch "The Man in the High Castle" yet or read the book? Very interesting. Philip K. Dick (yeah that's his real name) was the author. 10 episodes on Amazon video free with Prime.

Blade Runner, Total Recall, A Scanner Darkly, The Adjustment Bureau etcetera are his work.

Sturm und Drang
post #14 of 18 Old 06-07-2016, 06:26 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

I watched the man in the high castle. It was pretty good.
I hope we can freely and proudly continue to remember and honor those who have fallen, and those who have served. The anniversary of D-Day has just passed and it seems like forever ago but it wasn't. There will always be people who hate, disagree and want more but that is what we fight for, the freedom of each person to openly have and express his opinion.
post #15 of 18 Old 06-07-2016, 09:01 PM
The Pace

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Fang View Post
You watch "The Man in the High Castle" yet or read the book? Very interesting. Philip K. Dick (yeah that's his real name) was the author. 10 episodes on Amazon video free with Prime.

Blade Runner, Total Recall, A Scanner Darkly, The Adjustment Bureau etcetera are his work.
no, that's a novel, Hugo? must be sci-fi. I do read novels but only ones like 1984, Dune, Brave New all that use the novel format for cover. Deep gov still killed Orwell and Huxley and Herbert, though.
post #16 of 18 Old 06-07-2016, 10:08 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
no, that's a novel, Hugo? must be sci-fi. I do read novels but only ones like 1984, Dune, Brave New all that use the novel format for cover. Deep gov still killed Orwell and Huxley and Herbert, though.
Yeah, Hugo award. Definitely sci-fi. Pretty good story, I am not a huge sci-fi fan but like some of it.

Sturm und Drang
post #17 of 18 Old 06-10-2016, 07:17 PM
The Pace

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Fang View Post
Yeah, Hugo award. Definitely sci-fi. Pretty good story, I am not a huge sci-fi fan but like some of it.
I know sci fi. In sixth grade my friend gave the the Heinlein book, Have Spacesuit Will Travel. That book hooked me into reading and never stopped. I just re-read that book a couple months ago AND now I know that it was written for adults as I still loved it. so funny
post #18 of 18 Old 06-10-2016, 10:04 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
I know sci fi. In sixth grade my friend gave the the Heinlein book, Have Spacesuit Will Travel. That book hooked me into reading and never stopped. I just re-read that book a couple months ago AND now I know that it was written for adults as I still loved it. so funny
Yes some authors read well at all ages. That's real talent.
scout likes this.

Sturm und Drang
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in