Total knee replacement - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 Old 03-21-2018, 11:48 PM Thread Starter
Kawasaki Whisperer

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to MrMoto73
Total knee replacement

Hola everybody! Had a total knee replacement on Valentines day last month. Been going to physical therapy three times a week and working on getting my range of motion back. Healing is going pretty well but I am stuck at 95 degrees bend and cannot seem to get it any further than that. That really sucks because I need to get to 120 degrees to be able to ride my Gen1! Tried riding the other day and just rode down the street a couple miles dangling my leg off to the side. My wife told me I was crazy. LOL

Anyway, anyone here had a total knee replacement? How long did it take to bend it enough to ride normally?

I DON"T HAZ ANY SNYDER PROBLEMS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 Old 03-22-2018, 05:20 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

i haven't had one myself but my Dad has had both knees done and then had revisions on both knees. He hasn't ridden anything more aggressive than a Tuono Factory since his first knee replacement. He said it wasn't worth the stiffness, pain, aggravation to get on and off the super bike. Once he was on, it was okay. But getting off and back on was jacked up. And he never dragged his knee again lol.

2016 Kawasaki ZX10R KRT ABS
2016 Suzuki GSX-S 1000 ABS
post #3 of 27 Old 03-23-2018, 12:43 AM Thread Starter
Kawasaki Whisperer

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by obijack View Post
i haven't had one myself but my Dad has had both knees done and then had revisions on both knees. He hasn't ridden anything more aggressive than a Tuono Factory since his first knee replacement. He said it wasn't worth the stiffness, pain, aggravation to get on and off the super bike. Once he was on, it was okay. But getting off and back on was jacked up. And he never dragged his knee again lol.
Hmmm.... well, If I can't get my foot on the rear set I will just have to duct tape my right leg to the fairing. Won't be able to drag on the right, but the left will be good to go!
lun471k likes this.

post #4 of 27 Old 03-23-2018, 01:40 AM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

No personal experience with a knee replacement, but good luck getting it rehabbed man. Just gotta keep trying to. Worst case scenario, duct tape it like you said. Lol. Or just get something a bit mofe relaxed than a superbike. Wishin you the best.
MrMoto73 likes this.

08 ZX6R Radial M/C ZG Sport Touring Windscreen CBR600RR Calipers BMC Street Filter
GP Shift Pattern DIY Mod Fender Eliminator Kit 16/44 Gearing Euro Flushmount Signals
Gauge Cluster Color DIY ModSoupy's Fully Adjustable Lowering Links HEL Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
post #5 of 27 Old 03-23-2018, 03:44 AM
Chairman of the Board

Posting Frequency

Garage
Good luck with it man! Keep at the rehab! I think peterd10r had both replaced?
MrMoto73 likes this.

post #6 of 27 Old 03-23-2018, 10:47 AM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
I went through a knee replacement myself. Here's my x-ray of it, just don't show it to your wife.
Attached Images

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.
#WordCrimes

post #7 of 27 Old 03-23-2018, 10:56 AM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
In all seriousness, I'm happy that you're on the mend! It will be a long process to recover from that and get your range of motion back! The rehab is important so keep at it! I would be trying to hop on the bike myself like you did!

The one person I know who went through this is limited to about the same range as you. They've told him it will not get any better either for him. The biggest part is the nerve damage affecting his ankle, so he can't feel or move his foot. It makes it hard to work a shifter with his left foot. Or hold the bike upright at a stop. So he now rides a BMW 650 scooter. It works for him and his condition. Keep at it though!

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.
#WordCrimes

post #8 of 27 Old 03-23-2018, 12:19 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
No personal experience with knee replacement myself either, but good luck with the rehab and keep going forward!
MrMoto73 likes this.

I`m just in for the ride
post #9 of 27 Old 03-23-2018, 01:13 PM Thread Starter
Kawasaki Whisperer

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDork View Post
In all seriousness, I'm happy that you're on the mend! It will be a long process to recover from that and get your range of motion back! The rehab is important so keep at it! I would be trying to hop on the bike myself like you did!

The one person I know who went through this is limited to about the same range as you. They've told him it will not get any better either for him. The biggest part is the nerve damage affecting his ankle, so he can't feel or move his foot. It makes it hard to work a shifter with his left foot. Or hold the bike upright at a stop. So he now rides a BMW 650 scooter. It works for him and his condition. Keep at it though!
Thanks! Yep.... I crank on it every day to try to bend it more and go to rehab a few times a week. Thankfully I don't have any nerve damage. No scooters in my future! Lol

post #10 of 27 Old 03-23-2018, 01:48 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
For a sportbike you might be out a while man. Several months. My dad had his hip replaced (kind of similar) and after almost a year he's still in pain at certain angles. It's the swinging over the bike that's gonna kill ya. He struggles to get on his cruiser and even more when getting off. I guess pain tolerance comes into affect but honestly... fucking up your knee is much worse than not being able to ride. Heal completely before shredding it on the twisties! Good luck!
MrMoto73 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in