2000 and v6 don't do anything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 Old 12-06-2016, 10:34 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMoto73 View Post
So what he bought what some consider a turd. To each their own. I have two turd cars. A 97 Trans Am with an LT1 and a 97 Formula with an LT1. My T/A is still needing a rebuild, but my wife and I had our first date in it and it has sentimental value so I want to keep it. So, one day I'll rebuild the POS motor in it. The Formula I dumped 3k into it after the transmission and opti failed so I am probably keeping that till it dies again. I'll never get my money out of it selling it even though I am trying.

Good luck with your pony. It will bring you joy and headaches just like my turds.
I remember my LT1 days awesome! Love those fbody s

If you need to rebuild, look into LS1 or better. Can be had for 2k with trans.

I had thousands into the car. Sold it for 5k in 2006. It was a 96 z28
MrMoto73 likes this.
post #13 of 19 Old 12-06-2016, 10:37 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreadedJD View Post
Alright, I bought a 2000 Mustang, V6 Coupe. I have a lot of ideas and I know how innovative a lot of you guys can be so I figured I'd get your opinions as well...

So far, all I've done is add an aftermarket intake, subwoofer, and a dual exhaust. My next two moves are to install race seats and remove the rear seats but I'm kind of stuck on what to do with the rearseat removal. I don't want it to look stripped so I was thinking adding carpet and a glass window maybe? Also, I've been thinking about putting a turbo on it to make it a v8 killer but I'm unsure considering the motor already has 110k. Good idea? Bad idea? Car is stick shift btw. (I sold my 10r to get it but I'll buy another really soon)
You crazy! That's all I got.

Sell it, use money to get at least 1999 GT. Mod from there. I wouldn't spend a dime on v6. Any i4 Jap will do circles around you. That dual exhaust on v6 kills power. Been through that and back on my first Camaro, which was a v6 mistake

Gluck.
post #14 of 19 Old 12-07-2016, 12:08 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

My buddy had a 1999 v6 mustang we drove it around a sand pit till the engine gave up the ghost we then shot about 5,000 rounds of 5.56 into it then we stuck a wick in the gas tank. Good times.
Capncalyx likes this.

More cowbell
post #15 of 19 Old 12-10-2016, 05:43 PM
Kawasaki Whisperer

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to MrMoto73
Quote:
Originally Posted by scout View Post
2000 and v6 don't do anything.
What if he puts some Amsoil in it Scout? That should make it run forever!

I DON"T HAZ ANY SNYDER PROBLEMS
post #16 of 19 Old 12-10-2016, 05:49 PM
Kawasaki Whisperer

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to MrMoto73
Quote:
Originally Posted by F SANE IL View Post
I remember my LT1 days awesome! Love those fbody s

If you need to rebuild, look into LS1 or better. Can be had for 2k with trans.

I had thousands into the car. Sold it for 5k in 2006. It was a 96 z28
I looked into the LS1 swap. If I had enough funds to do it right I would. For now I'm just saving my pennies to get the parts I need to do a basic LT1 rebuild on the T/A. I redid the opti, water pump, front seals, oil pan, tranny and removed the smog on the Formula and its a fun fast dependable ride now. For the most part....can't seem to get the cooling system to bleed properly and that causes some cooling issues from time to time. Otherwise its a hoot to drive!

I DON"T HAZ ANY SNYDER PROBLEMS
post #17 of 19 Old 12-12-2016, 05:57 PM
formerly GHOST RIDER

Posting Frequency

What are your guys though on a 99 Mustang GT 40th, anniversary (automatic)? 167K miles ..it was a college girl car..Looking at it as a daily driver..

Never forget who helped you!
Never forgive who fu*ked you.
Doing a trackday is like "SEX", no matter what happens you'll want to hit it again..
post #18 of 19 Old 12-12-2016, 07:58 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUN1 View Post
What are your guys though on a 99 Mustang GT 40th, anniversary (automatic)? 167K miles ..it was a college girl car..Looking at it as a daily driver..
Lots of miles. Maybe looking at a rebuild soon. Although I'd just buy a junk motor for a couple of thou and throw it in there.
post #19 of 19 Old 12-12-2016, 08:04 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMoto73 View Post
I looked into the LS1 swap. If I had enough funds to do it right I would. For now I'm just saving my pennies to get the parts I need to do a basic LT1 rebuild on the T/A. I redid the opti, water pump, front seals, oil pan, tranny and removed the smog on the Formula and its a fun fast dependable ride now. For the most part....can't seem to get the cooling system to bleed properly and that causes some cooling issues from time to time. Otherwise its a hoot to drive!
I did a full swap on mine back in the day. It was originally a LT1 with Auto. I took it out, got another LT1 and put a LT4 hot cam kit before putting it back in. At the same time changed it to manual. What a project, but worked.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.