• 1 Post By MrMoto73
  • 1 Post By mr_honez

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 01-14-2017, 10:56 AM Thread Starter
Kawasaki Whisperer

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to MrMoto73
In Panama

Wife, baby moto and I are in Panama City Panama right now checking out the culture. I was almost stationed there in 1996 but was assigned to 510th FS at Aviano AB Italy instead. Anyway, wanted to see what it would have been like. Staying centrally in the city and using the metro to get around and see things. Pretty disappointed by all the western influence. Massive US style shopping mall with every possible fast food joint known to the US in it. McDonalds, Wendys, and Carls JR are literally everywhere here! So it is pretty hard to find local cuisine. :( Need to venture out of the city a little more for that.

Visited the Mira Flores locks and that was pretty cool. Contemplating taking a canal cruise to experience going through the locks. All depends on baby moto though. She can handle being out about 4 to 6 hours a day before getting too cranky. The cruise is 11 hours long. Going to take her out for a long trek tomorrow and see how she does before dolling out for the cruise.

Not many sport bikes. Saw a couple in the evening zipping around the city late at night from my hotel window. For the most part there are tons of 125 cc courier bikes all over. Used for food and document delivery. Seems the most popular cars here are Hyundai Picantos and i10's. Tiny little things.

Property is pretty decent here and easy for foreigners to buy and prices are comparable to average cost of living in Denver. Apparently it is easy to get a visa to live here as well. I'd consider it if it wasn't so hot! Maybe a cheap vacation property one day to come visit during the winter. :) Wife really likes it so this is one place we will return to from time to time.
scout likes this.

I DON"T HAZ ANY SNYDER PROBLEMS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 01-15-2017, 08:24 PM
The Pace

Posting Frequency

Hey, McCain was born there! If I recall. That would have eliminated him from winning the Presidency; (Psycho McCain and Sarah ran against Obama then dork Romney ran against Obama. lol. No wonder Obama always had to win. These kingmakers are good!) on other hand, Obama never did produce a valid birth certificate. Bottom line...if you run the State Controlled Media all goes according to plan. I so hope Trump stays true to the Constitution.

You looking for gov or corp work down there? i'm hoping for the best!

Last edited by scout; 01-15-2017 at 08:27 PM.
post #3 of 7 Old 01-16-2017, 03:29 AM
Chairman of the Board

Posting Frequency

Garage
Pics or it isn't happening.

Knowledge will give you power, but character respect. Bruce Lee.
post #4 of 7 Old 01-16-2017, 09:43 AM
Judge Dredd Mod

Posting Frequency

Very cool, Wifey and I got back from Cozumel a bit ago. Never thought to go to Panama.
MrMoto73 likes this.

BURNOUT.....
Attitudes are contagious. Mine might kill you.
post #5 of 7 Old 01-18-2017, 12:16 PM Thread Starter
Kawasaki Whisperer

Posting Frequency

A few pics! Sorry they are sideways. Don't know why they do that!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4524.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	1.06 MB
ID:	390089

Name:	IMG_4284.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	1.42 MB
ID:	390097

Name:	IMG_4301.JPG
Views:	10
Size:	1.86 MB
ID:	390105

Name:	IMG_4435.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	1.21 MB
ID:	390113

Name:	IMG_4469.JPG
Views:	8
Size:	192.7 KB
ID:	390121

Name:	IMG_4213.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	390129

post #6 of 7 Old 01-18-2017, 12:22 PM Thread Starter
Kawasaki Whisperer

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by scout View Post
Hey, McCain was born there! If I recall. That would have eliminated him from winning the Presidency; (Psycho McCain and Sarah ran against Obama then dork Romney ran against Obama. lol. No wonder Obama always had to win. These kingmakers are good!) on other hand, Obama never did produce a valid birth certificate. Bottom line...if you run the State Controlled Media all goes according to plan. I so hope Trump stays true to the Constitution.

You looking for gov or corp work down there? i'm hoping for the best!
Dude.... I am on vacation. I don't care about the idiocracy of politics at the moment! :) Anyway, not sure if I would work here but its alright place to chill and relax.

post #7 of 7 Old 01-18-2017, 12:28 PM Thread Starter
Kawasaki Whisperer

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_honez View Post
Very cool, Wifey and I got back from Cozumel a bit ago. Never thought to go to Panama.
You might like it. Not too pricey. Two weeks in an apartment/suite in the center of the city with washer/dryer, kitchen, maid service, full breakfast and lunch is 1k. Air fare cost 500. We use the metro and buses to get around on and a rental car every now and then. Two weeks is way too long though. We saw everything we needed to see in 5 days, now we are just hanging by the pool.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.