New Bodybuilding - Exercise Thread - Page 205 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #2041 of 2043 Old 03-04-2017, 11:38 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen-Eric View Post
Soy is fine it is a false myth that soy promotes estrogen production in men. There are studies that show ingesting large amounts of Soy, or more specifically isoflavones has no impact on testosterone or estrogen production, or binding to receptors. There is one case study (and only one) where a man was drinking like a gallon of soy a day, and he developed serious gynecomastia because isoflavones binded to estrogen receptors in his breast tissue. He stopped the Soy, and the gynecomastia disappeared on its own.

There are studies however that show Soy does have a positive impact on fighting prostate cancer. I would say take the soy, it's good for you.

If you are a body builder, or basically looking to build muscle, I would say do not use Soy as your protein source. It is similar to whey protein in how quickly it breaks down into amino acids, however it does some funky stuff that inhibits protein synthesis.
Interesting.. Maybe based more on a case by case then. Hard to really know real facts whenever findings are fairly new, and even when they've had plenty of time and studies, who's actually doing them, you know? And are they influenced financially behind the scenes on either side of the argument? Lotta questions.. Since people are so different, the real test IMO, is to try things out for yourself and judge them by your own body's reaction. Then you really know.
Anyway, I typically use almond milk to add some healthy fat to my shakes. My protein bulk comes from meats, eggs, nuts, a small amount of dairy (like a yogurt a day for now because I'm bulking) and shakes with whey & casein with a little almond milk and peanut butter. Too lazy to do the macro counting thing though lol! Satiation, frequency and a healthy balance are my only real concerns there.

What is best in life?..
TO CRUSH YOUR ENEMIES, TO SEE THEM DRIVEN BEFORE YOU, AND TO HEAR THE LAMENTATIONS OF THEIR WOMEN.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2042 of 2043 Old 03-04-2017, 12:30 PM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Forgot to tell you guys that I ran my first sub 7 minute mile this week. Not by much, I went 6:55, but I think that is the first time Ive ever been under 7 minutes in the mile ever. Ive always had to work at running to be any kind if good at it, so this was a big victory for me. Almost yelling at myself for the last 1/8 mile to push through.
SpazOnaZX likes this.

08 ZX6R Radial M/C ZG Sport Touring Windscreen CBR600RR Calipers BMC Street Filter
GP Shift Pattern DIY Mod Fender Eliminator Kit 16/44 Gearing Euro Flushmount Signals
Gauge Cluster Color DIY ModSoupy's Fully Adjustable Lowering Links HEL Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
post #2043 of 2043 Old 03-04-2017, 03:13 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Op- View Post
Forgot to tell you guys that I ran my first sub 7 minute mile this week. Not by much, I went 6:55, but I think that is the first time Ive ever been under 7 minutes in the mile ever. Ive always had to work at running to be any kind if good at it, so this was a big victory for me. Almost yelling at myself for the last 1/8 mile to push through.
Nice work -Op-!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.