Garage
Nice goin Shift!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2022 of 2052 Old 02-03-2017, 05:13 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Popping into this thread - prior to breaking my leg, I was working out pretty intensely 5 days a week, with light work on a 6th day (walking, yard work, just something to be sure I was moving for a couple hours). Since my focus is the racing, my entire program was designed around that...so for me, that meant a fair bit of upper body and core/intrinsic muscles. Lots of balance and explosive moves.

Have/had a fellow coach, who's also a PT, put together a program for me, and we'd switch it up every couple months or once I was finding the current one easy to get through.

Really missing my gym routine - REALLY hoping I at least get cleared next week to get on a stationary bike or something along that line. I'm going to have my work cut out for me rehabbing this damn leg - the other leg and my upper body/core haven't lost a damn thing (if anything, they've gained) and I've lost a lot of weight (plenty of it being fat, nearly 2" off my waist), so the big thing will be getting this leg back to sort-of functioning. It'll be a painful process, especially when you add in my shitty knees I've always had, making it a double-rehab

Anyhoo, I'm still doing some upper body and core exercises a few days a week, to be sure all the muscle groups are getting worked. Need to be able to get that ZX around the track, which is going to be a workout coming off my little Daytona!

Racing Like a Honey Badger Blog

AFM #302

Special thanks to my 2017 sponsors and supporters!!
Kawasaki USA Team Green; DareDevil Motorsports; Roseville Yamaha-Kawasaki; RiderzLaw; Dainese D-Store SF; BARF Racing; Dunlop Race Tires; Woodcraft; Pacific Track Time; Motion Pro; Skratch Labs; PUSH Laptimer
post #2023 of 2052 Old 02-04-2017, 02:43 PM
Chairman of the Board

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey Badger View Post
Popping into this thread - prior to breaking my leg, I was working out pretty intensely 5 days a week, with light work on a 6th day (walking, yard work, just something to be sure I was moving for a couple hours). Since my focus is the racing, my entire program was designed around that...so for me, that meant a fair bit of upper body and core/intrinsic muscles. Lots of balance and explosive moves.

Have/had a fellow coach, who's also a PT, put together a program for me, and we'd switch it up every couple months or once I was finding the current one easy to get through.

Really missing my gym routine - REALLY hoping I at least get cleared next week to get on a stationary bike or something along that line. I'm going to have my work cut out for me rehabbing this damn leg - the other leg and my upper body/core haven't lost a damn thing (if anything, they've gained) and I've lost a lot of weight (plenty of it being fat, nearly 2" off my waist), so the big thing will be getting this leg back to sort-of functioning. It'll be a painful process, especially when you add in my shitty knees I've always had, making it a double-rehab

Anyhoo, I'm still doing some upper body and core exercises a few days a week, to be sure all the muscle groups are getting worked. Need to be able to get that ZX around the track, which is going to be a workout coming off my little Daytona!
Good to see you here! I hope you get cleared to at least do the stationary. That can be a good low impact way of getting your cardio in and its a great way to train for the track. Its good your doing upper body and core as much as you can. Sounds like it still may be a bit before you can explosive movements with the leg. The good thing is there are a ton of ways you can train and the best part is your attitude. Sounds like you have a real desire to get after it and when you have that, nothing will stop you. Train hard.
Honey Badger likes this.

post #2024 of 2052 Old 02-10-2017, 05:47 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Sorry to hear about the injury Honey Badger. Is swimming, or even just treading water an option? Its great over all conditioning and about as low impact as it gets.
Just joined my new gym, and feel so lucky that i can swim whenever i want now. I usually follow every workout with it. Such a great addition to my training and I'm so much more relaxed afterwards now. I love it!
post #2025 of 2052 Old 02-17-2017, 11:06 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Finishing my 7-5-3 strength/size program. Its PR week. So far I've beat my old squat and OHP. Today is the dead lift (going for 520), and Sat or Sun is bench.
https://youtu.be/RuoZT-KfUFk
https://youtu.be/f3ipdSBdVwE
post #2026 of 2052 Old 02-17-2017, 08:55 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Didn't get 520, lol
https://youtu.be/DUmqEpH6tmw
post #2027 of 2052 Old 02-18-2017, 05:13 AM
Chairman of the Board

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEALTH-FIGHTER View Post
Didn't get 520, lol
All good man. You know that's part of the game when your pushing the boundaries. Keep after it my friend. Your making great progress. How is the body feeling?

post #2028 of 2052 Old 02-18-2017, 08:52 AM
Judge Dredd Mod

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Didn't get 520, lol
Well, you'll get it eventually, keep truckin'

BURNOUT.....
Attitudes are contagious. Mine might kill you.
post #2029 of 2052 Old 02-18-2017, 09:55 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by or10r View Post
Quote:
Didn't get 520, lol
All good man. You know that's part of the game when your pushing the boundaries. Keep after it my friend. Your making great progress. How is the body feeling?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_honez View Post
Quote:
Didn't get 520, lol
Well, you'll get it eventually, keep truckin'
Thanks guys. Was just messin around actually. I got 525, so "technically" not 520 ; )
Had the standard 10 & 5 quad plates on each end. The olympic versions only go as low as 10, and they were taken.
Anyway, I tried 535 after that (the side view) and thats the one I didn't get. I may have if I didn't exhaust my strength on the 525 first.
Body's feeling good or10r. Taking a day off today to recoup before bench though. That's really the only place that I've had trouble with gains lately. The program is working well for everything else though, so we'll see come tomorrow.
post #2030 of 2052 Old 02-18-2017, 01:31 PM
Chairman of the Board

Posting Frequency

Garage
Legs for me today. I'm sitting now exhausted, in pain and with a tore up stomach...it was a good one. Lol.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.