Lost my job today - Page 3 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 28 Old 03-19-2017, 12:57 PM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Yes he is, same guy. The one and only Rifleman

08 ZX6R Radial M/C ZG Sport Touring Windscreen CBR600RR Calipers BMC Street Filter
GP Shift Pattern DIY Mod Fender Eliminator Kit 16/44 Gearing Euro Flushmount Signals
Gauge Cluster Color DIY ModSoupy's Fully Adjustable Lowering Links HEL Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 28 Old 03-20-2017, 03:32 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Raytheon may be interested in interviewing you. Please consider.
post #23 of 28 Old 03-20-2017, 11:51 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Keep yer chin up Rifleman. You're a good guy and im sure good things will come your way in time!

*Official winner of one Riflemans 1/5 insert
post #24 of 28 Old 03-21-2017, 09:56 AM
formerly GHOST RIDER

Posting Frequency

Sorry to hear, sent a little whisper to the man for you... I'm at 22 years and going but my job is not a fancy as your (or even close).

Never forget who helped you!
Never forgive who fu*ked you.
Doing a trackday is like "SEX", no matter what happens you'll want to hit it again..
post #25 of 28 Old 03-22-2017, 04:30 PM Thread Starter
Of course you are faster

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcannon View Post
Are you the same rifleman that made the 1/5 inserts? If so, I still like mine, and thank you for making them. Theres the new career, right there...

I know several folks who lost their jobs. Two years later, I cannot think of one of them who does not call it a defining moment and say its the best thing to ever happen to them.
Yep, that's me. As silly as it sounds I had given that some thought. Big problem is that I would have to sell 100 to 150 a month depending to cover things and make it a living. I'll tell you that is quite difficult to sustain. It is really great as a side hustle, and keeps me in touch with younger riders and what have you.

What it does show a potential employer is brains and initiative. I took an idea and ran with it... all the way. Made it work on about 10 different bikes and perhaps more that I don't even know about.

I'm looking at the Raytheon site right now. I'm excited just don't know where to start.

Need to know how to install your Rifleman's 1/5th throttle insert? click me
For more info on a sticky grip (not enough cable slack) click me
And another amazing install write up click this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifleman View Post
lol, once you go 1/5th... you NEVER go back
post #26 of 28 Old 03-22-2017, 09:00 PM
Supercharged Mod

Posting Frequency

It's obvious that you're a smart guy ... I am sure this will just be an excuse for a career change. Good luck and it sounds like you already have some leads.

Helibars, MRA screen, Ohlins damper, reversed shift pattern, sorted suspension, braided lines, Michelin Pilot Power, all else stock 'coz it's fast enough!
post #27 of 28 Old 03-23-2017, 04:33 AM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifleman View Post
I'm looking at the Raytheon site right now. I'm excited just don't know where to start.
I mean the guy who started Lust Racing is from the same area of London I grew up in, and he just started with the lowering kits and then branched out, and now does decent business.

In your field, I'd imagine you have some friends in engineering that have access to CNC machines and aluminium.

Riffleman Rearsets, Yokes (Triple Clamps), Lowering Kits.

I mean you could just start with a ZX10R and branch from that as things take off.

Worth a thought.

I was made redundant about 9 years ago and it was crap. I had stayed too long in a dead end job for 6 years and just was going to likely stay there.

My skills are in IT, but I had tried to get into that industry and failed after the dotcom bust...I took that job in a completely different field.

After getting laid off..I enjoyed my severance pay...Bought a GSXR 1000...Rode all over the UK...Then the following year hit hard as I still couldn't get a job.

Ended up working as a motorcycle courier...Sounds fun...It's not....No money...Hire the bike and radio...Pay for your fuel...Earn pennies...It was winter and snowing heavily too.

Anyway, that was all 2010 and now I have made it to the career I wanted at the start through training myself and building myself up through various shitty jobs.

BUT

Someone of your background and skill set, I wouldn't be jumping back to work for someone else.

Some sort of contracting or private enterprise is what I'd do.

If you can take the risk..(grown up kids..mortgage paid off or nearly), and you can make it work...You'll find like many that have done the same, that working for someone else sucks, and it's really the uncertainty and fear of failure that keeps more people from going it alone.

That's what I intend for myself anyway.

Goodluck with it all.
post #28 of 28 Old 03-23-2017, 07:46 AM
OMG Look at that squid!!

Posting Frequency

Good luck bud! From the sounds of your background, you should be able to land a position quickly. Anything defense industry (ala Raytheon, Lockheed, Boeing, Honeywell...) is going to be hiring like a mofo. Defense budget is getting a huge injection when the budget passes.

Because wheelie!!!

16' ZX10R
14' Ducati Monster 1200S - SOLD
13' RSV4-R - SOLD
My ZX10R's 11' - 08' - 07' - 05' - 04' - ALL SOLD
Miss my Black 04' the most!
Never enough money, never enough time!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.