The Kawasaki ZX-10R Pet Thread - Page 2 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 23 Old 03-02-2018, 04:44 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Garage
You will cope!must have the attitude sometimes!you can't please everyone!delegate delegate delegate
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 23 Old 03-02-2018, 06:03 PM
The Pace

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDH View Post
Highly trained Attack Pigeon

& Sato Bird
Blue gold have to write him into the will for your fav child! We were very interested on a Hyacinth macaw baby a few years back but punched the numbers and figured this feather child would be without his people parents.

So had to back out; still bothers us.

here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyacinth_macaw
peterd10r likes this.
post #13 of 23 Old 03-02-2018, 06:16 PM
The Pace

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterd10r View Post
Honestly they are best avoided Scout!very dangerous adversary's!only hope for 2 dogs!1 locks onto the rear hopper and pulls him off balance!number 2 must hit the throat!Im not prepared to risk my beautiful Blue Heelers on a aggressive Buck!my dogs will stay and not attack until I say!you either need a 12 gauge with solids or a well placed 223/5.56 headshot!6mm Rem mag is a great show stopper!but I was head shooting Roos at 230m with headshots using a Remington 700 action with a heavy 223 Tolber barrel using sierra hpbt with a Bausch and Lomb 12x24 scope quite a few years ago!actually longer in some cases as it was zerod for 200m and I held it on their ears and hitting them in the throat!given very still night using a spotlight!I found this not much challenge and lost my drive to kill animals that tbh wasn't any thing to be proud of!I would rather test my skills at targets and quite often grouped 5 shots into a 1/4 inch at 100meters!
I just scanned youtube and appears no one use dog for hunting roos. That shows what you pointed out, tough critters. Amazing.
peterd10r likes this.
post #14 of 23 Old 03-02-2018, 08:17 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

scout, peterd10r and Duhastme like this.

post #15 of 23 Old 03-02-2018, 08:25 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Garage
Yes Scout that's a given!like I said they grab your dog then hold them!they use their huge rear hoppers that have at least 2-3 inch claws that will rip the dogs stomach wide open!even humans!if confronted by a large male Buck you only escape is a tree!or drop down in a submissive gesture!standing up against a Roo is a aggressive move toward them!they take 'this as a challenge and it will be on!he leans back on that thick tail for balance and strikes with his back hoppers!if his long toe nail hits any part of you it will open you up like your skin is tissue paper!while walking my dogs 1 morning I noticed a juvenile male Roo lying down!usually they will take off knowing a human and 2 dogs are close!something seemed odd as he didn't budge until we were on top of him!straight away he jumped up and started to become aggressive and protect itself!Yoda the male came from behind and Tilly was at the front!it happened so fast!as Yoda went in to attack the Roo fell over and couldn't get back up!he had Brocken 1 of his hoppers and was helpless!I called the dogs back and they even looked bewildered what was going on!I left it be but it played on my mind the pain and hopeless situation he was in!I took the dogs home and grabbed the gun!he hadn't moved from the spot so I had to put him out of his misery!its not a nice feeling but with foxes in the area he would of faced a terrible death!I dragged him at least 200 meters into Longlea forest that our property backs onto and he weighed a ton!you wouldn't cut them up for dog food as their full of worms and other nastys!I will never ever kill for the thrill ever again!there is no competition in any animal that stands still and looks at you!if it's to cull there's a reason!if Magpies are destroying my property and kill other birds for fun my persona turns to "whoop ass"
scout likes this.
post #16 of 23 Old 03-02-2018, 08:59 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Garage
Looking out from the back does have some down sides

As I said we back onto a Forest!just the other day Robyn(Wife)told me she is sure there's a baby snake out the front!funny thing was a Magpie was looking for lunch!sure enough it was a 10cm juvenile Eastern Brown snake!even at this young age they are deadly!the little prick had about 3 strikes at me before he was hammered!Im curious where's Mum and the other 20 bros and sisters!heres a few pictures of what we look out too from the back door!it goes a few ways!if you want peace and land you must deal with some angry Roos,snakes and Magpies!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1517.JPG
Views:	7
Size:	1.77 MB
ID:	412978   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1516.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	983.7 KB
ID:	412986   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1518.JPG
Views:	9
Size:	1.67 MB
ID:	412994  
Capncalyx and LDH like this.
post #17 of 23 Old 03-03-2018, 09:23 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
My 2 lazy beast.. Sox and Shadow.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo093.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	184.6 KB
ID:	413018   Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo090.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	361.9 KB
ID:	413026  
peterd10r and LDH like this.

2013 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R

~Woolich ECU Flash/Log Box/AutoTune~Driven Block Off Plates~Woodcraft Frame sliders~Cox Radiator Guard~OEM Seat Cowl~Tinted Hotbodies Venom Windscreen~Lightech Chain Adjusters/Axle Sliders/Spools~Sato Rearsets/Race Hooks/Bar Ends/Reservoir Covers~Pazzo Shorty Levers~Engine Ice~Motodynamics Rear Turn Signals~Ohlins TTX MKII Rear Shock~R&G Case Savers~M4 Street Slayer Exhaust~Ohlins Race SCU~-1 +2 520 Driven Sprockets~520 DID Gold Chain~
post #18 of 23 Old 03-06-2018, 04:43 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Oh, wow! You have a pet Kangaroo, peterd10r. :)
peterd10r likes this.
post #19 of 23 Old 03-06-2018, 09:06 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Here's a few pictures of my pet: Alice. I had to have a pet as quick as my bike, so a bunny suited to the task very well (not sure that's a correct sentence structure, but deal with it haha).

For those of you knowing rabbits and bunnies, she is a dwarf rex rabbit. She's about 13 months old and boy is she cute ! Never thought rabbits were that intelligent.

The first two pictures are old, the last one is from yesterday.

peterd10r likes this.

Last edited by lun471k; 03-06-2018 at 09:11 AM.
post #20 of 23 Old 03-06-2018, 02:14 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Garage
In a sense!not really

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichFender View Post
Oh, wow! You have a pet Kangaroo, peterd10r. :)
They come to my house every night!eat everything green then shit all over my grass!so some would call them a pet!My interpretation is a little different!the Females and Joeys will move on quickly at 3am in the morning!I can tell there's a Male there because the pricks growl at me like a aggressive Dog!but alas gun fire that early isn't the answer!I sneak up to my automatic watering system that can be manually turned on pushing 2 buttons!the fu.kers get the fright of their lives when the water hits them!I even made a Shanghai but when I hit the big fellas they look at me as if to say "if you do that once more I will stick that thing up your ass and you will look like a icy pole"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in