I'M BACK baby! - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 Old 02-12-2018, 08:55 PM Thread Starter
Of course you are faster

Posting Frequency

I'M BACK baby!

Hey guys, sorry for the long hiatus, basically every thing in my life changed in 2017.

I'll give you an update for those of you who know me, and those of you who have heard tell of this mad scientist biker who plays with the radioactive material and makes your bike go fast.

Got laid off after 25 years working at Argonne National Lab in the suburbs of Chicago, you can read about it here... Lost my job today

Moved to South Carolina, currently working at the Salt Waste Processing Facility (SWPF) at the Savana River Site as a Sr. Maint Mech (mechanical) II. Right now I'm making the same money I did in Chicago with about 2/3rds the cost of living so

Purchased a house Dec 29th with 6+ acres of land and enough space to finally build the shop of my dreams. I have a small shop on the property now that needs some electrical upgrades but will do to get Double Z Racing back up and moving orders out the door. I have 2 acres of woods with no one behind me so I can basically shoot in my back yard and no one gives a shit. House is smaller but finally fits me and the cat as opposed to the barn I owned in Oswego.

Moved all my equipment here last month and trying to get the house hold items put away or donated

So I should have the Double Z Racing shop up and running by the end of the month. Anyone who has contacted me about 1/5th inserts should be getting a ping back from me as the production line spins up to speed.

IF YOU DON'T hear from me, don't be shy about pinging back on me either by PM or in this thread. Spring is coming, now is the time to do those bike mods so it's ready to rock and roll when the snow melts.

oh and I rode the bike to work to day, it was 70'F in Warrenville, S.C. today. OMG the ride to work it frickin awesome. I have a "curvy road ahead, 25MPH" sign, basically at the end of my drive way... I'll post some pix when I figure out wtf happened to Photobucket.

speaking of photobucket, they appears to have gone the way of the dodo... what website do you guys use for photo hosting now?
YSR50, scout and MrMoto73 like this.

Need to know how to install your Rifleman's 1/5th throttle insert? click me
For more info on a sticky grip (not enough cable slack) click me
And another amazing install write up click this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifleman View Post
lol, once you go 1/5th... you NEVER go back
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 Old 02-12-2018, 09:03 PM
Judge Dredd Mod

Posting Frequency

Back Rifleman!! Glad you got it all sorted, knew that nothing could keep you down for long. Here's to you and your determination sir

Don't use photobucket so I can't help you there, sorry

BURNOUT.....
Attitudes are contagious. Mine might kill you.
post #3 of 36 Old 02-12-2018, 09:03 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

WOW! Whats the old saying about 1 door closing and another one opens? Outstanding Sir!
post #4 of 36 Old 02-12-2018, 09:18 PM Thread Starter
Of course you are faster

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxtradamus View Post
WOW! Whats the old saying about 1 door closing and another one opens? Outstanding Sir!
Absolutely, every single person who commented about getting laid off, said it was the best thing that ever happened to them...

I can say, with out a single note of reservation that the same holds for me.

I literally made the most money I've ever made in a year... getting laid off meant they had to pay me for my vacation time, they paid me a 5 digit severance package. I sold my house and made 33 grand on that deal. I moved to a significantly lower cost of living area and purchased a house for half the money of my last house. I've got a 15 year loan and the payments are 2/3rds what the mortgage was in Illinois.

The area is much more motorcycle friendly with the weather and length of season.

I can shoot my firearms in my back yard and no one gives a rats backside

I saw 7 deer on the way into work 2 days ago, certain 1 or 2 will end up in my freezer.

all good, and I wouldn't have done it if I hadn't gotten laid off and forced to move off my "comfy rock".

I'm doing nuclear work as I think it should be done, as I tried to tell my boss at the last place I worked... hey, this is the way DOE wants you to do things... soooo glad to be rid of him.

more as it comes but currently working a rotating shift schedule so when working nights... things get pretty slow after midnight... Gives me time to yack on the boards with ya'll
trackaddict and Diescrap95 like this.

Need to know how to install your Rifleman's 1/5th throttle insert? click me
For more info on a sticky grip (not enough cable slack) click me
And another amazing install write up click this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifleman View Post
lol, once you go 1/5th... you NEVER go back
post #5 of 36 Old 02-12-2018, 11:13 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Great to see you back mate...

I will have to hit you up for a 1/5th insert, whats the best way to get hold of one....

Glad everything has worked out for you Rifieman....

post #6 of 36 Old 02-12-2018, 11:20 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

The Legend returns Welcome back

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]192MPH stock engined 2008
post #7 of 36 Old 02-13-2018, 07:28 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Welcome back.

Photobucket turned to be a pain in the butt and started making people pay to host pictures on 3rd party sites, like forums. So a lot of peoples build threads now suck lol.

I started using https://www.flickr.com/ and seems faster and less ad's than photobucket had at the end there. Good to see you're getting back into biz, I know I love my quick turn throttle.
post #8 of 36 Old 02-13-2018, 07:39 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
I would recommend https://imgur.com.
If you create an account, you can upload your pictures and choose the privacy degree (public, only available through link, etc.) and you also have access to direct links for your pictures.
post #9 of 36 Old 02-13-2018, 08:07 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
This is great. Welcome back man!
post #10 of 36 Old 02-13-2018, 08:08 AM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
Welcome back! Happy to hear of your good fortune in life!

Yeah, Photobucket is still around, they just suck. They changed their end-user license agreement to get rid of the 3rd party hosting on the free accounts. You have to pay for the subscription service to allow that. So all the links are broken and no one is using them for that. I have no recommendations at this point on that.

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.
#WordCrimes

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in