I think a new body is needed - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 11-11-2016, 03:55 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Garage
I think a new body is needed

Ok I'm 56 with 2 titanium hips,2 stainless knees and a titanium plate fusing my wrist!been having some back pain also
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 11-11-2016, 04:28 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
you are falling apart...

I have been going through pain with my back for about a year now.. have 2 bulged/herniated disks at the L4/5 L5/LS. Got me on a couple of different medications that help Vimovo and lyrica which make the pain berrible and i am able to work. Been through acouple of injections which helped for about a week and then pain is back. Next he wants me to try acupuncture and do inversion therapy.

Shit is no fun i tell you that.

2013 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R

~Woolich ECU Flash/Log Box/AutoTune~Driven Block Off Plates~Woodcraft Frame sliders~Cox Radiator Guard~OEM Seat Cowl~Tinted Hotbodies Venom Windscreen~Lightech Chain Adjusters/Axle Sliders/Spools~Sato Rearsets/Race Hooks/Bar Ends/Reservoir Covers~Pazzo Shorty Levers~Engine Ice~Motodynamics Rear Turn Signals~Ohlins TTX MKII Rear Shock~R&G Case Savers~M4 Street Slayer Exhaust~Ohlins Race SCU~+1 -2 520 Driven Sprockets~520 DID Gold Chain~
post #3 of 15 Old 11-11-2016, 04:50 PM
Judge Dredd Mod

Posting Frequency

Naaah, a couple more parts in there and you'll be a Terminator.
peterd10r likes this.

BURNOUT.....
Attitudes are contagious. Mine might kill you.
post #4 of 15 Old 11-12-2016, 04:29 AM
Chairman of the Board

Posting Frequency

Garage
Ouch! Are they going to do something with T12?
peterd10r likes this.

post #5 of 15 Old 11-12-2016, 06:34 AM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Garage
I don't no much about the medical report and what it all actually means or10r!my doctor didn't really explain to much as she sent me to have a bone density test yesterday!the tech showed me the different levels of osteoporosis by the color chart and where I sat!it was well into the red and wasn't exactly comforting!she also pointed out a section and commented but it made no sense to me!I have a appointment next week with my Doctor again so I need some answers because first thing in the morning I am struggling and sitting is getting uncomfortable!and after sitting a while I walk around like the hunchback of Nostradam!its actually depressing mate
post #6 of 15 Old 11-12-2016, 10:35 AM
Judge Dredd Mod

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterd10r View Post
I don't no much about the medical report and what it all actually means or10r!my doctor didn't really explain to much as she sent me to have a bone density test yesterday!the tech showed me the different levels of osteoporosis by the color chart and where I sat!it was well into the red and wasn't exactly comforting!she also pointed out a section and commented but it made no sense to me!I have a appointment next week with my Doctor again so I need some answers because first thing in the morning I am struggling and sitting is getting uncomfortable!and after sitting a while I walk around like the hunchback of Nostradam!its actually depressing mate
I'm there too Peter. I broke my back a long while back in Iceland and it still hurts today. Sometimes excruciating pain, can't even walk. I will eventually have to get ti cut open someday but I don't want to go under the knife again. Chin up you old fugger!!
peterd10r likes this.

BURNOUT.....
post #7 of 15 Old 11-12-2016, 03:12 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Garage
Thanks mate although every other part of my life is settled like a beautiful loyal wife!financially comfortable!my past mistakes have stopped haunting me!my children all now realise that!all those years ago it wasn't Dad that found another woman!he then was kicked out of his family home and the new guy moved in 2 weeks later(my children were 4,7,9 and couldn't understand what was going on),my family home was sold and she moved them 2000 klm away(being told "think of your children it's a better life style)with me foolishly agreeing!it took seven years for them to find the truth and start to make contact with me and now the Karma train is bitting that bitch hard!so anyway really when I sit back and feel sorry for myself I should remember the black hole I was in for so long and appreciate life for what it is!
On another note there are some guys on this forum who are genuinely good people and I do appreciate all the kind words and support!I can be a prick if provoked but I can also reach out and say sorry to anyone!honestly life is far to short to hold a grudge or regrets......
post #8 of 15 Old 11-12-2016, 05:16 PM
Judge Dredd Mod

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterd10r View Post
Thanks mate although every other part of my life is settled like a beautiful loyal wife!financially comfortable!my past mistakes have stopped haunting me!my children all now realise that!all those years ago it wasn't Dad that found another woman!he then was kicked out of his family home and the new guy moved in 2 weeks later(my children were 4,7,9 and couldn't understand what was going on),my family home was sold and she moved them 2000 klm away(being told "think of your children it's a better life style)with me foolishly agreeing!it took seven years for them to find the truth and start to make contact with me and now the Karma train is bitting that bitch hard!so anyway really when I sit back and feel sorry for myself I should remember the black hole I was in for so long and appreciate life for what it is!
On another note there are some guys on this forum who are genuinely good people and I do appreciate all the kind words and support!I can be a prick if provoked but I can also reach out and say sorry to anyone!honestly life is far to short to hold a grudge or regrets......
So very true..

Been married to my old ball and chain for 26, got two, one of each, both grown, one out. The one at home still hasn't made up her mind on what she wants to do. A mini younger version of her mother, which is good and bad. Glad things are on the upswing for you though bud. Keep that chin up, and we each reap what we sow. We may not reap it immediately, but as you said karma will come both to the good and bad in time.
peterd10r likes this.

BURNOUT.....
post #9 of 15 Old 11-12-2016, 06:21 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I can sympathyse.
Ive had back troubles since i was 21.
Now im 38.
I put my back out and tried to just man up and carry on but ended up causing lasting damage to my discs.
I have times when i litterally cant even stand like i did about 3 months ago and there is apparently nothing more that can be done about it as i have 3 bad discs in a row but one month after i was doing a trackday and kicking ass too so im not willing to have any risky operations.
Ive had a few ops in the past but nothing really helps.
The best thing for me is to manage the pain and stop everything as soon as it starts to play up. But in life you cant just stop everything and lay down for a few days so i will have my problems forever.
I hope you get the solution your after
post #10 of 15 Old 11-13-2016, 09:02 AM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

There is a procedure we do call Kyphoplasty. I think you would benefit greatly by having it done. Its non surgical and is usually done in the Interventional Radiology Suite by an Orthopod or IR Radiologist. We place a small hollow tube into the vertebrae through the tube we put a balloon which when inflated pushes the vertebrae back to its correct height. We then fill the space with a special cement which holds the vertebral body at the new correct height. We have done thousands of these procedures with amazing success. Pt's get immediate pain relief and the vertebral body is stabilized. You should ask your doctor about it. Our results are really amazing. Its a much better alternative to surgery.
peterd10r and ukzx10r like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.