I think a new body is needed - Page 2 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 15 Old 11-13-2016, 09:20 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnologistX View Post
There is a procedure we do call Kyphoplasty. I think you would benefit greatly by having it done. Its non surgical and is usually done in the Interventional Radiology Suite by an Orthopod or IR Radiologist. We place a small hollow tube into the vertebrae through the tube we put a balloon which when inflated pushes the vertebrae back to its correct height. We then fill the space with a special cement which holds the vertebral body at the new correct height. We have done thousands of these procedures with amazing success. Pt's get immediate pain relief and the vertebral body is stabilized. You should ask your doctor about it. Our results are really amazing. Its a much better alternative to surgery.
Is it done under a general? Sounds very painful.
Ive had checks done on my discs and that hurt beyond belief so not sure how this could be done on a patient like myself?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 Old 11-13-2016, 01:30 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Garage
I did read that!very interesting because I'm gaining info myself!1 question for you Tech does this T12 just get worse as my osteoporosis and osteoarthritis are both pretty bad and osteoporosis has dropped more the red zone since last visit about 1.5 years ago!sorry 1 more I seem to be getting shorter I was 178cm not long ago and not that now thanks man
post #13 of 15 Old 11-13-2016, 06:16 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

[QUOTE=peterd10r;4262954]I did read that!very interesting because I'm gaining info myself!1 question for you Tech does this T12 just get worse as my osteoporosis and osteoarthritis are both pretty bad and osteoporosis has dropped more the red zone since last visit about 1.5 years ago!sorry 1 more I seem to be getting shorter I was 178cm not long ago and not that now thanks man[/QUOTE

If you have the procedure done that vertebrae should stabilize and be good sadly your osteoporosis and osteoarthritis in the untreated vertebrae will get worse. Wish I had better news for you. But Kyphoplasty can be done on all but the neck vertebrae.
post #14 of 15 Old 11-13-2016, 06:19 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukzx10r View Post
Is it done under a general? Sounds very painful.
Ive had checks done on my discs and that hurt beyond belief so not sure how this could be done on a patient like myself?
It can be done under general if you like but the risk is higher putting you to sleep. We usually do them with lidocaine local injection. Some people complain about the pressure but that's all they feel except for the lidocaine injection its painless.

https://www.reference.com/health/kyp...qo=cdpArticles
ukzx10r likes this.

Last edited by TechnologistX; 11-13-2016 at 06:24 PM.
post #15 of 15 Old 11-14-2016, 12:28 AM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Garage
Thanks mate at least I see a option!my Doctor hasn't really given me any idea and haven't seen a Orthopaedic surgeon yet who usually has the option list!all I could see is having to take OxyContin 20mg sr morning and evening again after 2 knee replacements in just over a year!as soon as I stopped and went into the withdrawal days(usually around 2 days of pretty shitty feelings and another 3 to get normal)after 2 weeks of nothing first thing in the morning I couldn't bend over or if I sat for any period my level of pain just increased!Ive allways had some back pain gradually getting worse but what I experienced with no pain relief was like WTF is going on!the X-ray at least gave me some indication that it wasn't in my head and I did have some sort of back problem!I no I'm not a pussy because around 2 years ago I tripped over and had to just lay there until the sick pain feeling stopped!the next day the wife made me have a X-ray and heard nothing so just carried on as normal!it was Winter time and I was collecting firewood in a wheelbarrow and big heavy pieces and every step I took it felt like something was like going to fall out in between my legs and pretty strong pain!I told myself your a pussy get on with it lol,10 days after the fall I had a rather strange phone call from my Doctor saying she needed to see me!anyway showed me the X-ray and told me I had Brocken my pelvis in 2 places and couldn't stop apologising about it!so I wasn't a pussy there was a reason after all lol
TechnologistX likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.