Help me stop an extortionist... - Page 2 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 80 Old 04-05-2012, 10:49 PM
BigCat for Prez!

Posting Frequency

yea if yall can find where he opted into recieving a call then he has no right to come after u and u could possibly counter sue him for emotional distress or something

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedinseattle View Post
in reference to the man card issue, let me clarify it for everyone, " If a man builds a 1000 bridges and sucks one cock, that doesnt make him a bridge builder, it makes him a cock sucker..."
My bike is the fattest and slowest of all the G2s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 80 Old 04-05-2012, 10:49 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

If you can prove that he opted in, then you'll be fine. I'm sure the opt in site had some kind of agreement they agree to getting calls. You need to prove someone agreed to have calls to this number.

Sorry but without a lawyer with experience in this, you're up sh1t's creek.

Call your local news channel. Tell them about this guy's scam. This site is nothing. Once he's on tv looking like a guy scamming hard working guys trying to put food on the table for your family. He'll Bethesda scammer that he is.

post #13 of 80 Old 04-05-2012, 10:49 PM
jsd
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

I don't understand how he gets that far when he himself opt-in for the call.I would think proof of that would be all that was needed. My prayers are with you for sure.
post #14 of 80 Old 04-05-2012, 11:20 PM
Boomer Sooner!

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJD View Post
I'd say spend a grand and get someone to take a hammer to his fingers.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

Seriously, do you have proof that he opted in to recieve the calls? If he did, let him take you to court, beat him, then counter sue him for court costs and "emotional distress" like bigcat said. The emotional distress he put you under for having to go to court and worrying about how to come up with $9,000 if you lose.

Boomer Sooner!!!
post #15 of 80 Old 04-05-2012, 11:57 PM
BigCat for Prez!

Posting Frequency

We can call on the powers of the zx10s! the Gen 1 will rape and murder his wife, the 2nd Gen will slit his childrens throats, the 3rd Gen will run into the walls of his house because its cross eyed as fuck, in turn destroying his home, and the 4th Gen will be like vrooooooooooom and accidentally pass up the rondezvous point bec it has a re-flash and went too fast to stop

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedinseattle View Post
in reference to the man card issue, let me clarify it for everyone, " If a man builds a 1000 bridges and sucks one cock, that doesnt make him a bridge builder, it makes him a cock sucker..."
My bike is the fattest and slowest of all the G2s
post #16 of 80 Old 04-06-2012, 12:15 AM
Does not drive into smoke

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsd View Post
I don't understand how he gets that far when he himself opt-in for the call.I would think proof of that would be all that was needed. My prayers are with you for sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpcullen View Post

Seriously, do you have proof that he opted in to recieve the calls? If he did, let him take you to court, beat him, then counter sue him for court costs and "emotional distress" like bigcat said.

and

If he opted in and then sued for a call, he's a scum.

From the legal point of view, I think that this would be fraud (which is a criminal offense, indictable if it's above a certain amount).

Man, I can't really help you, but I sure will keep you in my thoughts.

Maybe we could pass a hat around for your lawyer? I'd throw something in.
post #17 of 80 Old 04-06-2012, 01:04 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

The trick to the scam "legally" is you put yourself out there to get listed. Make donations to charities, and put your home phone # on every peice of paper you fill out and internet surveys. Let the calls come in that YOU psuedo-sign up for. Then when they call. document who and when. Request to be taken off the list. If they call you back once you have requested to be removed it is an illegal call that he can sue for. If they call outside of a certain time frame, he can sue. He will eventually run out of telemarkets calling so he has to continue getting listed. If he is removed from the list which has a specified time frame.(I don't know all the laws so specifiics need to be varified), but gets relisted and puts himself back on it is the what I am not sure about. Is whoever is making the list supposed to cross check ever name/number that comes across their desk with the no-call list?

If he solicited the contact, then all he has the right to do is request to be put on the no-call list and hope you mess up and call him. Then if you contact him again then he can sue.

War is about killing people and breaking things. It ain't the olympics. Its not supposed to be fair. Tom Clancy

ialsodontknowwhynewpeoplecantseperatetheirthoghtss owecanreadthemitmakesitunweidlyandannoyingtryingto decipherwhattheyaretryingtosaysoiusuallyjustmoveon atleastyouusedpuncuationthoughsocongratsonthatbutm aybeinthefutureyoucanhelpusalloutbecauseyouoranyon eelsewillgetmorerepliesifyoudontwriteonebigrunonth atsimpossibletoread
post #18 of 80 Old 04-06-2012, 01:30 AM
Starbucks Connoisseur

Posting Frequency

WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOLD ON A SEC!

He opted in?????????????

Only to have you call him and then sue you?

he set you up? bait and switch?

DUDE!!

If this is the case, and if you knew me better you'd have a better idea how I handle these things.

1) call the FBI and report everything in detail.

2) call a FEW BIG Law Firms in Beverly Hills, make sure they are Jewish.

3) Call NEWS stations and have them do a report on his reverse scam tactics. In Souther CA, Chan 2, 4, 5, 7, 9, 11, & 13 for starters.

09' Ice Blended Peppermint Mocha Frappuccino
10' Venti Mocha Latte spilled some of it, was too hot
11' Peppermint Mocha W/Extra Shot of Espresso
12' Eggnog Venti Latte
13' Bagel
14' Standard Drip (since a Venti latte went up 20 cents)

post #19 of 80 Old 04-06-2012, 02:31 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

If you can prove he opted in, then this should be an easy open and shut case. You should be able to make him pay court costs afterwards.

If you cant prove it then you arent going to get out of this.

Personally Im about to start doing what hes doing to people that call my cell phone, and my house line which are both on the do not dial list... My cell phone REALLY pisses me off when a solicitor calls it.
post #20 of 80 Old 04-06-2012, 03:57 AM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCat10R View Post
We can call on the powers of the zx10s! the Gen 1 will rape and murder his wife, the 2nd Gen will slit his childrens throats, the 3rd Gen will run into the walls of his house because its cross eyed as fuck, in turn destroying his home, and the 4th Gen will be like vrooooooooooom and accidentally pass up the rondezvous point bec it has a re-flash and went too fast to stop
This!

08 ZX6R Radial M/C ZG Sport Touring Windscreen CBR600RR Calipers BMC Street Filter
GP Shift Pattern DIY Mod Fender Eliminator Kit 16/44 Gearing Euro Flushmount Signals
Gauge Cluster Color DIY ModSoupy's Fully Adjustable Lowering Links HEL Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.