Got pulled ova (Its Always Sunny In Indianapolis) - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Capncalyx

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 08-24-2017, 10:11 AM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Got pulled ova (Its Always Sunny In Indianapolis)

Gotta rant for a min. I got pulled over yesterday leaving work. I work downtown at a state agency that has lots of State Police on campus for various reasons. Put my gear on and was waiting for the bike to warm up there in the garage and notice an officer going through the gates leaving the parking garage – pulled right in front of me by about 10ft so you’d think he saw me sitting there, so I say to myself ‘ok we’re just gonna give the guy a min or so to get down the road and then leave’. I waited but apparently he got stuck at a light at the end of the block with a few other cars lined up behind him.

There are two lanes left and one right at a stop light and as usual everyone is chicken shit to pull up in the far left lane next to the cop, its open so of course I take it. Stopped next to a SUV at my right, we are first and both turning left, the cop is behind the SUV and there are cars behind the cop. Light is green and we pull away, now many times, during the apex of this turn one of the cars will veer into the other lane for whatever reason so you gotta be aware. The SUV and I make the left pulling away from this light and at the apex, only maybe 20mph she starts to come into my lane a bit – you gotta be aware like I said because this happens frequently. I honestly felt encroached on and needed to accelerate through the turn/apex anyway so I sped up just a hair and when we made the turn I goosed it just the slightest dick hair, got about 2-3 cars on the SUV, put my signal on right and came over to the middle, checked, then came over to the far right lane to see the cops lights on and him behind me. I stop and im trying like hell to find N because the gear box is still cold and it doesn’t wanna go. After a few tries and trying to not look like im gonna run I find N and put the kickstand down – didn’t even have time to shut it down, get my helmet off or put hazards on. By that time the officer is a foot away from me. I look up and open my helmet, officer is so pissed he’s trembling. Older guy maybe in his 50’s, pudgy as hell with glasses and just about 3 or 4, inch long pubic looking hairs coming from around his chin area but otherwise clean shaven. We are now sitting at a light in the middle of DT Indy. Again, visually I can see the guy is way pissed….

Cop – (yelling) Why did you gun it like that??!!! (repeat)

Me – I didn’t know I gunned it

Cop – Why did you gun (goose?) it like that??!!!

Me – I was trying to…

Cop – (still yelling) I saw you and why would you do that RIGHT IN FRONT OF
ME??!!! Keeps saying similar stuff about me gunning it.

Me – (calm but now getting pissed and very firm with Cop) I didn’t do it on purpose!! Officer, I don’t know why you are yelling at me and raising your voice!

Cop – (much calmer now but still pissed and yelling but less loud) Do you want a ticket or a warning??!! You gunned it and were speed’ing, do you know the speed limit is 30 in town??!

Me – (DOT badge inside jacket pocket – fuk yes I know speed limits lol) How fast was I going officer??

Cop – (obviously flustered and dumbfounded) [looks at ground] Welp…I..uhh, I don’t know!!

Me – Well where’s the radar? You don’t have me on radar???!!

Cop – well I was pacing you and..

Me – But I don’t feel as though I was speeding and You Don’t Have Me On Radar! Where’s the radar??!! (lol)

Cop – (seriously flustered now – im thinking possible heart attack or something) [throws arms in air] WELL JUST GO KILL YOURSELF THEN!!!

Me - (now thinking - there will be no ticket so ill leave that option up to myself )

After he said that he turned and stormed off back to his car. We sat there at the red waiting for it to change, him with his lights still on. Went green and pulled away straight and he turned right.

When I goosed it out of the left turn apex I MIGHT have just grazed 40mph for a sec but I feel a cop with a better eye woulda seen what I perceived as the SUV encroaching into my lane during the turn. I do remember glancing at 42 on the dash before letting off so I might have just hit 40, maybe upper 30’s but im not about to slam the brakes on mid apex even if it is only at 20mph. He wasn’t about to let me explain that and most certainly not the fact that its policy of motorcyclists (smart ones) to accelerate through a turn especially toward the end. Thought it was interesting that he never asked for license & registration, name, ID, am i a Nazi, anything/nothing. And im almost sure ill run into the jackass here in the building at work sometime.

After I pulled away I thought ‘ya know what if I did accidentally kill myself or even just intentionally get pissed off and launch myself into the baseball stadium across the street at 120, how would the guy feel’?? Ive had people close to me commit suicide too and its just not a cool thing to have said. I stayed chill and cool because getting pissed on the MC is never good especially in downtown traffic and im still not exactly pissed or even flustered, just cant believe these are the guys they feel are adequate to do the job here in my city. And, just wanted to relay the story because I know there are at least a couple of ya out there who can relate. Oh, and im not looking for a cop bashing sesh, just wanted to rant a min. Even though Mr. Pudgy with old woman vagina chin hairs can . Rant ovah!
Apologies for the novella, I usually only try to write these in the winter when there’s plenty of reading time.
peterd10r likes this.

*Official winner of one Riflemans 1/5 insert

"I - finally see the dawn arriving. I - see beyond the road im drivin'"

"People livin' in competition - all i want is to have my peace of mind"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 08-25-2017, 10:49 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

A lot of cops just have a hard on for sports bike riders. Bet he was just praying to find a reason to pull you over. Not gonna lie, I've had some good experiences. Got pulled over racing my girl through traffic doing 120+. Guy was pissed as shit obviously. But after a few other cops came he let me go with a ticket for speeding 100+. I was scared he was gonna seize my bike. I think his supervisor talked him down. They were probably just glad I didn't run from them and chose to stop. Could have gone 180 and dipped, but kind of took one for the team on this one. Best thing I've found with cops is just be polite and respectful. Lot of people are asshole when pulled over so they really appreciate it. Some cops are just dick though. But there are some cop ones.
post #3 of 6 Old 08-25-2017, 07:30 PM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07_ZX10R View Post
A lot of cops just have a hard on for sports bike riders. Bet he was just praying to find a reason to pull you over. Not gonna lie, I've had some good experiences. Got pulled over racing my girl through traffic doing 120+. Guy was pissed as shit obviously. But after a few other cops came he let me go with a ticket for speeding 100+. I was scared he was gonna seize my bike. I think his supervisor talked him down. They were probably just glad I didn't run from them and chose to stop. Could have gone 180 and dipped, but kind of took one for the team on this one. Best thing I've found with cops is just be polite and respectful. Lot of people are asshole when pulled over so they really appreciate it. Some cops are just dick though. But there are some cop ones.
Firsr off, racing your girl. Thats fucking awesome! One of the coolest things Ive ever read

This is the truth of it in my experience though. Most are typically just regular people who appreciate being respected. Unfortunately, there are definitely some that are just rigid or are straight assholes. Most arent, but some are. It sucks for sure. Ive definitely encountered my fair share that have just wanted to give someone a ticket, especially for riding a motorcycle. Ive definitely also run into some that just wanted to shoot the shit about motorcycles, and that was it.

Very funny? story Cap. At least you just kinda baffled him and were good to go.

08 ZX6R Radial M/C ZG Sport Touring Windscreen CBR600RR Calipers BMC Street Filter
GP Shift Pattern DIY Mod Fender Eliminator Kit 16/44 Gearing Euro Flushmount Signals
Gauge Cluster Color DIY ModSoupy's Fully Adjustable Lowering Links HEL Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines

Last edited by -Op-; 08-28-2017 at 10:30 PM.
post #4 of 6 Old 08-27-2017, 11:55 AM
The Pace

Posting Frequency

All good; but here was my thought sequences while sorting out your report:

1. He rides and parks a 10r at work. (hard for my mind to wrap around)

2. flashers? Not a 10r. What is Cap on?

3. No citation. ALL GOOD, exactly why is Cap ranting and what about

4. Does Cap over react much

My additional takes, and I go through this once in awhile...The old cop was just messin with you; popo's flashers were working so last thing I'd do is think about flashers if on dad's wing or whatever; popo's often work from history beginning with a history of zero idea about riding, but their history is oral: daily briefings prior to shift. If commander or shift sergeant receives a memo from above regarding complaints from careless riders, then all of us respectful riders take a hit as popo's often can't make a distinction between their left or their right hand, figuratively.

City traffic I get, but not much big city street traffic like San Francisco or your city and I know zero about your local cager driver habits. In CA, cagers are very good around rides BUT very very good when popo in area. I would not over think a situation where in the past one or two cagers mistakes occurred. My that statement alone I know that you ride more often than most.

Thx for the read; my bike has been in the shop for three months now. Dealer said, '10,000 dollars in parts.' Must be retail cause wholesale I'm sure Kawa would only lose 2500 wholesale dollars on a brand new g4. I guess labor hours must be a lot cheaper and wholesale parts no big deal; So, Kawa's out the door warranty fee must be 2000 dollars. idk Plus, many pay 800 or more for the extended warranty which Kawa must also factor. These guys punch the numbers.

Last edited by scout; 08-27-2017 at 12:03 PM.
post #5 of 6 Old 08-28-2017, 12:38 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Lol. Yea, I'm a lucky guy and I know it. My girl was actually riding before me, she rides like a boss too. And damn, I've got a history of almost getting arrested after my bike purchases. I was under military apprehension hours after buying my ZX7R. Lol. But honestly, in this case I had just bought the bike and wasn't trying to run it too hard. But my girl just wasn't to see how fast a liter bike really is, so I had to shut her down. Lol. Gotta fix the speedometer though, cause I seriously have no idea how fast I'm going. The motopig that showed up after I got pulled over laughed hard as fuh when I told him my speedometer didn't work. Lol.

And yea, CA drivers are great. Very predictable, most use signals, and a good amount are pretty aware of riders and give them the right of way. Nothing like Miami drivers. That's a nightmare, honestly don't think I would ride if I moved back there. Only had a few close calls here where a driver does something crazy unpredictable, but usually it's easy enough to work around that.
post #6 of 6 Old 08-30-2017, 09:31 PM
The Pace

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Lol. Yea, I'm a lucky guy and I know it. My girl was actually riding before me, she rides like a boss too. And damn, I've got a history of almost getting arrested after my bike purchases. I was under military apprehension hours after buying my ZX7R. Lol. But honestly, in this case I had just bought the bike and wasn't trying to run it too hard. But my girl just wasn't to see how fast a liter bike really is, so I had to shut her down. Lol. Gotta fix the speedometer though, cause I seriously have no idea how fast I'm going. The motopig that showed up after I got pulled over laughed hard as fuh when I told him my speedometer didn't work. Lol.

And yea, CA drivers are great. Very predictable, most use signals, and a good amount are pretty aware of riders and give them the right of way. Nothing like Miami drivers. That's a nightmare, honestly don't think I would ride if I moved back there. Only had a few close calls here where a driver does something crazy unpredictable, but usually it's easy enough to work around that.
Once gopro hit big with riders around 07 I gradually noticed that the one hate group of cagers, lady Asians, began driving as if accountable. Not joking and not being mean, just reporting exactly my perception. With accountability comes careful observation that for some minds equates to increase powers of reasoning based upon self gain, or rather, protection of current social status.

One more thing that helped and caused blowback, expected blowback. Whe the CHP came out publicly endorsing lane splitting, all seasoned riders cringed as what ran thru the grapevine was that the political panties and girly boys would now have riders on their Marxist fascist radar based upon increased public awareness of lane splitting.

Sure enough, the assholes in Sac gave us a speed limit for when lane splitting is legal.

BUT, the good of the CHP lane splitting public position was that now most grandmothers get it that riders are not being dorks when they split lanes, so are now very good around bikes.

So, go with the flow and thank God for superbikes!

edit: I grew up on SoCal and we moved to NorCal a few years ago. All I know is CA riding in asphalt and dirt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.