Enclosed Trailer Customization - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 110 Old 04-13-2015, 01:24 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Enclosed Trailer Customization

So I just bought a 6X12 enclosed trailer. I am looking for ideas on what products to buy to make it mine. I have already painted the walls white.

2013 ZX10R
Ohlin TTX rear shock, Brembo 19X20, Rifleman throttle insert, Graves Slip-on, Yoshimura engine and frame sliders, Woolich USB, Motoholders Carbon Fiber Intake and stay, Woodcraft clip-ons, -1, +2 gearing, EK 520 chain, Spielgler brake lines, Vortex rear sets/GP Shift, Vortex gas cap, CRG shorty levers, BMC race filter, Driven Block-off plates etc

2008 ZX10R- SOLD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 110 Old 04-13-2015, 01:28 PM
tdh
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I am trying to figure out a good way to have my interior lighting work on mine without having to have the truck running, which is how it works now. I wouldn't mind having battery power in the trailer and keep it charged when the truck is running and towing but it's not quite as easy as it sounds. I do have a battery on the trailer for emergency break away braking and it charges while the truck is running but it's just a little battery really only good for emergency braking use. Don't really want to tie the lighting into that. Thinking about a battery with a solar charger.

post #3 of 110 Old 04-13-2015, 01:52 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdh View Post
I am trying to figure out a good way to have my interior lighting work on mine without having to have the truck running, which is how it works now. I wouldn't mind having battery power in the trailer and keep it charged when the truck is running and towing but it's not quite as easy as it sounds. I do have a battery on the trailer for emergency break away braking and it charges while the truck is running but it's just a little battery really only good for emergency braking use. Don't really want to tie the lighting into that. Thinking about a battery with a solar charger.
Solar would be an awesome way to go, the cheaper way to go would be a generator.

82 GS450L- Bobber Project
06 636- Sold
07 R1- Lost
08 zx10r- Lost
09 zx10r- Totaled 8/3/14
07 cbr600rr- Track - Sold
12 EX250r- Womans - Kissed a guardrail
13 zx10r- Old street - Sold
14 SSR Lifan 180cc Pit Bike- Fun machine
15 zx10r- New street

I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders

post #4 of 110 Old 04-13-2015, 01:55 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crescent1101 View Post
So I just bought a 6X12 enclosed trailer. I am looking for ideas on what products to buy to make it mine. I have already painted the walls white.
60" Flat Screen built into the side that you'll have the bike on playing a continuos loop of all the epic races/track days you've recorded?

82 GS450L- Bobber Project
06 636- Sold
07 R1- Lost
08 zx10r- Lost
09 zx10r- Totaled 8/3/14
07 cbr600rr- Track - Sold
12 EX250r- Womans - Kissed a guardrail
13 zx10r- Old street - Sold
14 SSR Lifan 180cc Pit Bike- Fun machine
15 zx10r- New street

I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders

post #5 of 110 Old 04-13-2015, 02:19 PM
LDH
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Stripper Pole
post #6 of 110 Old 04-13-2015, 02:30 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDH® View Post
Stripper Pole

Done did it
post #7 of 110 Old 04-13-2015, 03:15 PM
tdh
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUICEBOX View Post
Solar would be an awesome way to go, the cheaper way to go would be a generator.
I have generators, it's just nice to be able to just flip the light switch if you need something out of the trailer after dark. I actually just solved the problem by splicing into my emergency break away battery. What I found is that my charge circuit in my 7 way connector wasn't even connected to that battery so it was never getting a charge. I had been towing the trailer the last few years with a bad battery. The only thing the charge circuit was running was my interior lights which consists of 2 dome lights and a switch. So, I just spliced that circuit into the brake battery and I picked up a new battery today and installed it. I realize that it's probably not the "best" solution and the brake battery should be on its own circuit but it's got to be better than driving around for years with a dead battery. :) I figure I gain 3 advantages to doing this:

1) My emergency battery will get a charge while the truck is running.
2) I'll be able to tell if it at least has some charge by turning the interior light on to see if it works and
3) I now have interior lights if I need them without the truck having to be running (runs off the emergency brake battery).

It's possible I'll think of a very good reason for not doing this at some point but right now I can't think of one. :)

post #8 of 110 Old 04-13-2015, 03:24 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Pretty lame picture but here is what my 6x12 Vnose looks like.

The cabinets at the front can house all of the race stuff including compressor and generator. The E track is good for tying cords ect to the walls. There is a 6ft table that is against the wall on the left side.

It has 12volt lights and a 120volt light on the wall on the right side
post #9 of 110 Old 04-13-2015, 03:28 PM
Chairman of the Board

Posting Frequency

Garage
Are you talking about shelving or cabinets...

Trailer Shelves - Storage Shelves - Cabinets - Trailer & Garage Accessories - Free Shipping on All Orders @ JEGS

Personally I think having a generator built in and hard wired with power strips near the back. Just plug your warmers in straight away and the noise would be minimal as well. A built in tool box would be nice and maybe a small work surface with a light. Why not add the ability to camp in it as well.

Knowledge will give you power, but character respect. Bruce Lee.
post #10 of 110 Old 04-13-2015, 03:58 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I already have the Pitbull restraints and the starting of a shelf up front. I already have lights as well but I don't really know how they are wired. I can't decided on what I want to do with the floor.

2013 ZX10R
Ohlin TTX rear shock, Brembo 19X20, Rifleman throttle insert, Graves Slip-on, Yoshimura engine and frame sliders, Woolich USB, Motoholders Carbon Fiber Intake and stay, Woodcraft clip-ons, -1, +2 gearing, EK 520 chain, Spielgler brake lines, Vortex rear sets/GP Shift, Vortex gas cap, CRG shorty levers, BMC race filter, Driven Block-off plates etc

2008 ZX10R- SOLD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.