Enclosed Trailer Customization - Page 5 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 110 Old 09-23-2015, 11:24 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Also replace some brake lights with new LED ones, (you can see the left one in that last picture) and about to change all the marking lights too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 110 Old 09-23-2015, 04:39 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niner1000RR View Post
Did a few more things to the trailer last week.

It's always been a pain to load my toolbox, because I had to lift it onto the ramp, then over the gap to the trailer.

So I added a ramp to the door. It doesn't go all the way across, yet... but I will be extending it.

Then I added this to cover the gap to the door and trailer, folds up with the door.

I added a mount for the trailer restraints. I am going to add another to the right of it. (the plywood is because a couple of tracks get REALLY crowded at races and sometimes you pit in the grass - so these 2 pieces stay behind the toolbox in case I need them)

Then I added some wall mounts for the stands.

I had installed a couple of the new Pit-Bull ones, but wasn't happy with them because they mount so that they stick WAY off the wall. So I left one and added (2) from NiceRaxx and while they are more of a PAIN IN THE ASS to hang your stands from, they stow the stands away far better...

where did you get the hinge cover?

2010 Zx10r Black spark Bazzaz zfi with QS,Puig Blue Double bubble,vortex rear sets,Blue Spools, fork sliders and oil fill cap,M4 street slayer,Penske triple clicker -1 +3 gearing 520 chain
post #43 of 110 Old 09-23-2015, 04:53 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by R/T Performance View Post
where did you get the hinge cover?
Slider Plate - Trailer Door | Pit Products
post #44 of 110 Old 10-01-2015, 08:15 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Picked up an enclosed today!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1443748447232.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	341154   Click image for larger version

Name:	1443748469692.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	341162   Click image for larger version

Name:	1443748499605.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	341170  
post #45 of 110 Old 10-26-2015, 01:48 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Did some work to the trailer this weekend. I had some water leaks, believed to be from some cracks in the seams on the roof. So I patched them up. Then I removed most all of the caulking around the exterior and recaulked them all.

Then I added a RV style door latch to the side, which was somewhat of a pain, but I think it will be worth it considering I often sleep in the trailer.

I just ordered some leveling jacks, which should be here tomorrow and I hope to have them installed before leaving for JGP on Friday.

When I get back next on the list will be garage floor coating on the floor and replace the marker lights.
tdh likes this.
post #46 of 110 Old 10-26-2015, 10:33 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

not sure why my pictures aren't loading

2010 Zx10r Black spark Bazzaz zfi with QS,Puig Blue Double bubble,vortex rear sets,Blue Spools, fork sliders and oil fill cap,M4 street slayer,Penske triple clicker -1 +3 gearing 520 chain
post #47 of 110 Old 01-21-2016, 07:43 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

been looking for an enclosed for a while now. Not really in a rush. Just want the perfect trailer, really. ALL aluminum is a must, with other sub categories following that. Featherlite is one company I like a lot. Have actually gotten a quote to build a custom F.L. for me locally, but ended up around $17k after everything for a 16x7 V nose with all the trimmings, which is Waaaay past what I'm willing to spend, especially when there are much larger F.L. car haulers on Ebay for the same or less $.
Aaaaaaaaanyway, was just looking around on the old Craigslist and came across this bad little trailer. Yeah the price is up there, and it's also more than I'm looking to spend, but just check this thing out ok? It's a motorcycle owners dream come true..
InTech 8.5 X 18 Enclosed

What is best in life?..
TO CRUSH YOUR ENEMIES, TO SEE THEM DRIVEN BEFORE YOU, AND TO HEAR THE LAMENTATIONS OF THEIR WOMEN.
post #48 of 110 Old 01-21-2016, 07:57 PM
tdh
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niner1000RR View Post
Did some work to the trailer this weekend. I had some water leaks, believed to be from some cracks in the seams on the roof. So I patched them up. Then I removed most all of the caulking around the exterior and recaulked them all.

Then I added a RV style door latch to the side, which was somewhat of a pain, but I think it will be worth it considering I often sleep in the trailer.

I just ordered some leveling jacks, which should be here tomorrow and I hope to have them installed before leaving for JGP on Friday.

When I get back next on the list will be garage floor coating on the floor and replace the marker lights.
Was the latch easy to install? That's a good idea and I would like to do that to mine! Any tips?

post #49 of 110 Old 01-22-2016, 06:37 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEALTH-FIGHTER View Post
been looking for an enclosed for a while now. Not really in a rush. Just want the perfect trailer, really. ALL aluminum is a must, with other sub categories following that. Featherlite is one company I like a lot. Have actually gotten a quote to build a custom F.L. for me locally, but ended up around $17k after everything for a 16x7 V nose with all the trimmings, which is Waaaay past what I'm willing to spend, especially when there are much larger F.L. car haulers on Ebay for the same or less $.
Aaaaaaaaanyway, was just looking around on the old Craigslist and came across this bad little trailer. Yeah the price is up there, and it's also more than I'm looking to spend, but just check this thing out ok? It's a motorcycle owners dream come true..
InTech 8.5 X 18 Enclosed
That's a good looking trailer, but yea that's also a chunk of change.

I had been considering selling mine and buying one that was already done, like that. Which would have been easy...

But I am VERY happy I didn't. If you have the tools and are willing to do the work, renovating your own is absolutely the way to go!!! Without a doubt!

I was able to put things where I wanted them, and wasn't limited to have say "3 outlets inside and 1 outside." I installed a counter, microwave, mini-fridge, outlets for phone and GoPro chargers, outlets for fans, A/C unit, built a desk for my laptop. Even installed a TV that is on a wall bracket that I HDMI to my Surface for movies of GoPro videos.

Then outside I have LED flood lights on the back and side, and outlets on the back and side for tire warmers, compressor and fans.

To get a trailer done with all of that would have cost me a FORTUNE.

I paid about $4,000 for the 7x16 trailer a couple years back. And I have about $2,000.00 in material into the trailer. That includes all the marine grade flooring, A/C unit, FRP on the walls and ceiling, insulation, wood, electrical stuff, even the convertible couch/bed, etc....

The ONLY thing I wish I would have done differently is that I wish the trailer was slightly taller. I am 6' and I have to tilt my head when walking pass the A/C unti.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdh View Post
Was the latch easy to install? That's a good idea and I would like to do that to mine! Any tips?
It wasn't too bad. It probably took me about an hour.

The only real tip I can give is, use a grinder, make a template out of cardboard and cut small to be on the safe side.

You'll need a drill and bits, hit the corners first. I used the grinder to cut through the aluminum. And then where the latch goes through to the wall, I used a dremel.

I am VERY happy I did it, wish I had done it sooner.

I had been using a latch and pulled it shut with the chain. But then you were locked out if someone was inside, or locked in if someone left. Not any more! lol

WELL worth the time and money.
tdh likes this.
post #50 of 110 Old 01-22-2016, 06:44 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I have to load up this weekend for a race next weekend. I'll have to get some pix with the table down, it collapses to the wall and secures with a bungy. Everything has it's place, for the most part. Like the EZ-up tents, chairs, tables, tire racks, etc...

Next on my list for the trailer.

This weekend I am going to install another row of LED lights. Right now I have a run down the passenger side of the trailer. Work GREAT. But, on a bright day going inside it can seem a little dim. So I am going to add another row in the driver side corner. With a separate switch, so I can one or both.

I have a buddy coming by this weekend to look at giving me a price to repaint the exterior. I had some graphics on it, but have changed "companies" so I had to remove them. Time for paint and new graphics.

And I bought leveling jacks, but they are made to bolt to the trailer, these trailers don't give you much to bolt stuff like that to them. So I am going to look at welding the jacks in place.

Then after the race next weekend, I had a couple more things.

I replaced the brake lights with LED ones and starting removing the old incandescent marker lights. They were cracking and breaking. I need to see what I want to replace them with and get that done.

Then the next thing will be recessed compartments. Like the one in that trailer posted above. I plan to do a couple. One for the spare, another for a spare tool kit that includes the trailer jack, gloves, etc...

The trick will be picking spots that wouldn't be covered during trailer. So I don't have to empty half the trailer to access the spare and tools.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.