Enclosed Trailer Customization - Page 4 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 39Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 117 Old 05-28-2015, 08:45 PM
Newfie Bullet

Posting Frequency

Just reading the 1st page...Look into some deep cycle batterys and have a gen as back up..

Team green,Bleed green,RIDE GREEN!!

Brembo m/c,Nassert Beet,HEL lines,Pazzo levers,HID kit,custom monster paint scheme..Thanks to forum member horse for that..Woolich raceing kit,Elka rear shock and front fork pistons,Green samco coolant hose kit,Zero gravity dbbl smoked screen,520 conversion,attack rear sets,bmc race air filter,Monster zx6 front seat,moto graffix tank pad,feredo pads,galpher lite weight rear rotor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 117 Old 05-29-2015, 04:57 AM
Chairman of the Board

Posting Frequency

Garage
Man Niner...looks like theres enough room for me to store my Gixxer in there and just show up on track days...

post #33 of 117 Old 05-29-2015, 07:37 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by dricked View Post
Looks good! I picked up a couple 10w LED flood lights too, not sure where I'm going to mount then yet.

I did a bit of renovating myself and maybe give you an idea for your flooring. At $0.79/sq ft it cost me $140 with tax to do my 7x21

That looks sweet!

I plan to have carpet in the front half, I hate feeling sand on my feet when getting into or out of bed!

But the back half I am still thinking about... That looks sweet!

I am thinking about making some underfloor storage.... That could make that tougher...

I was just going to do some garage coat on the floors. Would be easy if I create access points for storage beneath...

Quote:
Originally Posted by or10r View Post
Man Niner...looks like theres enough room for me to store my Gixxer in there and just show up on track days...
LMAO!

I used to travel with 4 bikes in it, I had 4 pit-bull plates for trailer restraints. But obviously I've decided to change that up... It's now set up for 2. My ZX10 and my girls 250. Although most times it will just be mine.

And I have it positioned so I can set up and sleep in the trailer without actually having to unload anything. Which is REALLY nice for those late night arrivals...
post #34 of 117 Old 05-29-2015, 10:06 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niner1000RR View Post
That looks sweet!

I plan to have carpet in the front half, I hate feeling sand on my feet when getting into or out of bed!

But the back half I am still thinking about... That looks sweet!

I am thinking about making some underfloor storage.... That could make that tougher...

I was just going to do some garage coat on the floors. Would be easy if I create access points for storage beneath...

LMAO!

I used to travel with 4 bikes in it, I had 4 pit-bull plates for trailer restraints. But obviously I've decided to change that up... It's now set up for 2. My ZX10 and my girls 250. Although most times it will just be mine.

And I have it positioned so I can set up and sleep in the trailer without actually having to unload anything. Which is REALLY nice for those late night arrivals...
Ooh I could put down a nice area rug at the foot of my bed lol.

You could just go over the access panel with the wood and glue it. It took me about 3hrs to install it all.
post #35 of 117 Old 06-01-2015, 07:23 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

New lights all wired, I still have the 2 floods to do at the back.

Also finally got around to installing my battery and 2500w inverter. My battery isn't big enough to give 2500w but I can still charge my phone/laptop and use the lights at night. We've been using flashlights up until now.

post #36 of 117 Old 06-02-2015, 08:32 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Nice!

This past weekend was my first run at actual use. It worked well. Loved that the interior lights and rear flood lights ran off the truck. Worked great as back up lights.

Next step is to add batteries also. I picked up a couple battery boxes. Now it's a matter of getting them mounted. With V-noses, there isn't much room...
post #37 of 117 Old 06-02-2015, 09:40 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

I wanted to have the battery outside but as you said there's not much room. I sacrificed a cupboard for it and I could fit another one in there later down the road. Outside is nice because you don't have to vent it.
post #38 of 117 Old 06-02-2015, 09:58 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by dricked View Post
I wanted to have the battery outside but as you said there's not much room. I sacrificed a cupboard for it and I could fit another one in there later down the road. Outside is nice because you don't have to vent it.
Yea that was my concern too... And I worry that no matter how well I vent it, is it ever enough? lol

I was thinking of welding a support under the "v-nose" as high as possible and see if I can fit it there, if so how much clearance will it have...
post #39 of 117 Old 06-02-2015, 12:14 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Ya I thought the same thing about mounting. Really the only time the venting is an issue is when charging from what I've read and the only time I'll be doing that is during the day with all the doors/windows open or while driving. It's not completely sealed up with perfect venting but it's a lot better than nothing lol.
post #40 of 117 Old 09-23-2015, 12:22 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Did a few more things to the trailer last week.

It's always been a pain to load my toolbox, because I had to lift it onto the ramp, then over the gap to the trailer.

So I added a ramp to the door. It doesn't go all the way across, yet... but I will be extending it.

Then I added this to cover the gap to the door and trailer, folds up with the door.

I added a mount for the trailer restraints. I am going to add another to the right of it. (the plywood is because a couple of tracks get REALLY crowded at races and sometimes you pit in the grass - so these 2 pieces stay behind the toolbox in case I need them)

Then I added some wall mounts for the stands.

I had installed a couple of the new Pit-Bull ones, but wasn't happy with them because they mount so that they stick WAY off the wall. So I left one and added (2) from NiceRaxx and while they are more of a PAIN IN THE ASS to hang your stands from, they stow the stands away far better...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.