36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 110 Old 04-13-2015, 05:17 PM
tdh
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by evallarta1 View Post
Swing by my trailer at Putnam this weekend, the internal light came wired to the battery so it doesnt need to be connected to the truck. We can crack open the batter box and see how its wired.
I wired mine to the emergency battery today. Works good! :) I'll still stop by your trailer though. :)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 110 Old 04-13-2015, 09:25 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

that menards g flooring is great I put it in mine last year

the Led white strip light from auto zone work great and draw a tiny amount of power. I use a jump box to power mine without the truck

2010 Zx10r Black spark Bazzaz zfi with QS,Puig Blue Double bubble,vortex rear sets,Blue Spools, fork sliders and oil fill cap,M4 street slayer,Penske triple clicker -1 +3 gearing 520 chain
post #23 of 110 Old 04-13-2015, 10:27 PM
tdh
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I bought this trailer off my buddy about a month ago. I used it more than he did the last several years pulling my bikes to track events so I told him to just let me buy it from him. He likes red so he painted the floor red. I would never in a million years have done that personally but I have to admit it doesn't bother me anymore. :) Took my crappy old dirt bike (soon to be upgraded) in it yesterday:

With a couple of my track bikes in it last month:

Will be loading them up again and heading to Putnam for a little racing.

post #24 of 110 Old 04-13-2015, 10:34 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Shag carpet

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Op- View Post
Unless Scout says dont do it. Then, really, just do it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by or10r View Post
I know its blistering fast but you cant outrun ugly.
post #25 of 110 Old 04-13-2015, 10:59 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdh View Post
I bought this trailer off my buddy about a month ago. I used it more than he did the last several years pulling my bikes to track events so I told him to just let me buy it from him. He likes red so he painted the floor red. I would never in a million years have done that personally but I have to admit it doesn't bother me anymore. :) Took my crappy old dirt bike (soon to be upgraded) in it yesterday:

With a couple of my track bikes in it last month:

Will be loading them up again and heading to Putnam for a little racing.
since that's a crappy old dirt bike i'll give ya a cnote for it?

2010 Zx10r Black spark Bazzaz zfi with QS,Puig Blue Double bubble,vortex rear sets,Blue Spools, fork sliders and oil fill cap,M4 street slayer,Penske triple clicker -1 +3 gearing 520 chain
post #26 of 110 Old 04-13-2015, 11:14 PM
tdh
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I'm honestly 1 step from pushing it up against the dumpster. :) I just put a piston and rings in it and new bearings all around and thought I had a fairly fresh bike again and now I have transmission issues. I need to tear it back down again and figure out what's going on. I've beat the living tar out of that thing over the last 12 years but it's served me well. It's just about time to put a bullet in it though. :)

post #27 of 110 Old 04-14-2015, 06:58 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I'm currently trying to finish up my enclosed trailer renovation... lol TRYING being the key word...

I started with a list of things I wanted. Which was mostly locations of things. I came up with a plan of attack... lol

Then I stripped it to the metal.

Insulated the walls (which I had done once, but since I was redoing it and installing a bunch of electric, I tore it all out and did it over again.

Reinstalled the wood (all that was still good).

Then framed out an area in the front how I wanted.

Picked up some cabinet face and doors.

Some 1/2" ply for the top and glued some Formica to it.

Friday I plan to have the electrical all done and install the cabinet doors Saturday.

I bought an RV panel from here: Home

Has a built in inverter. So I am going to run a 12V source from the truck (through the 7-pin plug) to this. So I can run the lights inside the trailer (LED Strips - 12V) as well as some LED floods I am mounting on the back as back up/paddock night time lights when connected to the truck (no A/C power available.

I plan to install (2) 6V golf cart batteries too so I can run the fridge off it while driving. I can probably do that off the truck, but I don't want to push it. I would feel better if I was running it through the batteries...

I plan to carpet the front half of the trailer, basically from the front tire of the bike forward. Then garage floor coating the back half. I hate that sand on the floor feeling at night when walking around... So it's getting carpet.

The bed is from https://www.blazinbelltech.com/furniture.html. Not the most comfortable, but it works... And I can use it as a couch.

The work bench has 2 outlets above it so I can charge my surface, GoPro, etc... There are outlets under the bed to charge cell phones, and I am running LED lights under the bed that are connected to a motion sensor. So if I get up, I don't have to turn on lights. Sounds lazy, but I have this in my bedroom at home and LOVE IT! LOL

There will be a 32" LED tv mounted above the work bench. So I can watch movies, GoPro, etc... when sitting on the couch or laying in the bed. I have the HDMI adapter for my iPad and Surface. So I can have all my movies available.

Has a rooftop mounted A/C - Heat.

To A/C power, I installed a 30A twist-lock marine plug at the front of the trailer.

This one:
Amazon.com : Furrion F30INSSS 30A 125V Polished Stainless Steel Round Power Inlet : Boating Shore Power Cords : Sports & Outdoors Amazon.com : Furrion F30INSSS 30A 125V Polished Stainless Steel Round Power Inlet : Boating Shore Power Cords : Sports & Outdoors

I cut a hole through the side of the trailer, but it's below the floor, then the cord comes up under the cabinet. That's where I have the RV Panel installed.

It's getting there.... lol
stage5 likes this.
post #28 of 110 Old 04-14-2015, 03:05 PM
EJR
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDH® View Post
Stripper Pole
^^^Fucking this! Back in the day, my buddies and me used to mount em in the back of pick ups for the desert trips. Add music and enough whiskey in the girls, and you got yourself a bad little strip joint.
post #29 of 110 Old 05-28-2015, 09:21 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Update to my trailer progress....

Since I don't have my bike to work on, I figured I should get to work on my trailer...

So having the long weekend, I got to it. I hung FRP on the walls and ceiling. I installed the bed/couch and the lighting. I installed LED strips inside and some LED floods on the back that I can use to light the pits and use as a back up light.

They came out much brighter than I had anticipated...

Inside:

As you can see I have to case the door yet and install some trim at the seams at the corners. And piece in above the fridge and do a trim/cap on the counter top.

And after I move next week, I will be building a folding table where that table is sitting now. And hanging a TV above it.

Tonight I have to get the secure points for my tool box and it'll be about ready for JGP this weekend.

____

I just ordered another set of those flood lights, I will be setting them up to go on the side. but they will be removable and plug into a couple weatherproof outlets I have on the side. So I can put it outside the side door, or at the back down pointing down the side. I have an outlet in both locations (for tire warmers mainly...). I am going to set it up so it will slide into the door closer hinges. Should work well.

Also have another set of aluminum rails and LED strips for the other side of the interior.

Last night I got the recessed mounting points for my tool cart installed. And hooked up the truck to test everything out. It worked great. I am able to use the floods off the truck as back up lights (read in the door and flip the switch). And the truck runs the fridge while driving. I plan to install a second battery in the truck (it's already set up, I just need to add it). As well as add a golf cart battery in a battery box on the nose of the trailer. The nose is small since it's a v-nose so that might be a little tricky but I'll figure it out.

And I want to add an electric jack and more tie down points for tents and tables.

Been a fun and interesting project!
serialize likes this.
post #30 of 110 Old 05-28-2015, 07:05 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Looks good! I picked up a couple 10w LED flood lights too, not sure where I'm going to mount then yet.

I did a bit of renovating myself and maybe give you an idea for your flooring. At $0.79/sq ft it cost me $140 with tax to do my 7x21

Last edited by dricked; 05-28-2015 at 07:12 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.